Audio Top Tier IEM WAR , Do Participate

^ Slow down, anubhav :mad:

He just got the SM3. I don't think he's selling. But, if he is, there's a queue and you know who's always in front :bleh:

Not going to sell either of them soon and yeh!Santosh will be the first person to know when I plan for the next upgrade:hap5:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anubhav2345 said:
You are surely lucky to have the best one's in ur basket :p

. Apart from bass (which is said to be higher on IE8 ) , hows the overall soundtage , comfort , fit , highs , mids ??

As I said I am no expert I cannot really give you a technical comparison.Both ie7 and ie8 are extremely well built.IE8 has hu...ge soundstage,ie7`s is slightly smaller.Comfort is good with both but getting a good isolation is difficult(the best I could get is with the large bi-flanges)The bass in ie8 is great but it causes some sort of fatigue after prolonged listening.SM3 is very comfortable,vocals are clearer with it(even those death grunts)sound stage is vast(not as big as ie8 with ipod)and perfect for a prolonged listening.

^ DDM suits your requirements, you do not want a balanced IEM you want a IEM which has good quality bass and some quality as well, which is otherwise balanced.

DDM does that.

its a shame though not the OEM ver/. are out of stock . and they will not be restocking the OEM( eshantosh?) so you ill have to buy at higher price. still not that high,,.7.2-7.3K shipped via FedEX ( am i right?....i read musica A shipps free with fedEX)

Yes! They won't be stocking OEM version hereafter. The retail version will cost about $155-170 depending on where you buy from (MA, eBay, AccessoryJack). Musica Acoustics ships by EMS. Their quote is inclusive of shipping.

RE-252 is one of the best for vocals. Probably only SM3 and (speculatively) RE-262 would give you that kind of performance. DDM is different. Technically, it may not be the best IEM for mids, but the presentation is still very unique, immersing & enjoyable - It's body & texture is unmatched thus far.

Probably, you should shorten your list to 2-3, read more about them (as I always say - read more negative comments) and then decide!

BTW does musica acoustics offer OEM of Ortofon eQ-7 ,(santosh, i am sure you must have asked them )

these have balanced sound, and as per some, awesome quality bass, but lacking quantity wise.

first consider what you can get here in india :

DBA -2 -8K , but you sited its not for you .

RE-262 - 13K , strangely amarbir has them and are selling them, on the other hand the world is awaiting for its independent launch and price.

IE8 -16.5K, VERY COSTLY

TF10 - 15 K, at Lynx ( last i saw)

E530 - 30K, WTF, 30 K for a universal that costs around $300 abroad!!!, shure has some policy that prohibits sellers to ship outside the country ...great marketing!

All are on par, just very different in sig.

i would have suggested DBA but as you said you might find its treble too much. the in these i would suggest re262, better bass and mids than re252( initial impressions by people.) , but again i am not sure if it will satisfy your bass needs.

Going by Esantosh's description I have a real bad urge to try out or get my hands on the DDM .It looks perfect for electronica genre :D Its almost time we guys plan out a all India head-fi meet . IE8s,SM3,TF10,RE-252,RE-262 its all there :O

esanthosh said:
^ Slow down, anubhav :mad:

He just got the SM3. I don't think he's selling. But, if he is, there's a queue and you know who's always in front :bleh:
hahaha .. sure boss , U are first in the queue , we will wait , will be the next in queue .

But dunno why i feel queue is getting looooooong :p :p :p

red dragon said:
Not going to sell either of them soon and yeh!Santosh will be the first person to know when I plan for the next upgrade:hap5:

As I said I am no expert I cannot really give you a technical comparison.Both ie7 and ie8 are extremely well built.IE8 has hu...ge soundstage,ie7`s is slightly smaller.Comfort is good with both but getting a good isolation is difficult(the best I could get is with the large bi-flanges)The bass in ie8 is great but it causes some sort of fatigue after prolonged listening.SM3 is very comfortable,vocals are clearer with it(even those death grunts)sound stage is vast(not as big as ie8 with ipod)and perfect for a prolonged listening.
hmm , dude u don't sound any less then a expert . Thanks for clearing differences b/w Ie7 and Ie8 , Actually there's a guy in Chennai who has 10 pieces of IE7 , imported from US . No bill and warranty . I had a word with him , and he came down to Rs, 6500 each if taken all 10 . I guess if we can arrange a GO for 10 units , then we can grab this deal . As i am from Delhi , its not feasible for me to come Chennai and see in the product is authentic or not . But someone from Chennai itself can meet him personally , check his stocks and then we can see if can further negotiate on price .

strategy said:
BTW does musica acoustics offer OEM of Ortofon eQ-7 ,(santosh, i am sure you must have asked them )

these have balanced sound, and as per some, awesome quality bass, but lacking quantity wise.

first consider what you can get here in india :

DBA -2 -8K , but you sited its not for you .

RE-262 - 13K , strangely amarbir has them and are selling them, on the other hand the world is awaiting for its independent launch and price.

IE8 -16.5K, VERY COSTLY

TF10 - 15 K, at Lynx ( last i saw)

E530 - 30K, WTF, 30 K for a universal that costs around $300 abroad!!!, shure has some policy that prohibits sellers to ship outside the country ...great marketing!

All are on par, just very different in sig.

i would have suggested DBA but as you said you might find its treble too much. the in these i would suggest re262, better bass and mids than re252( initial impressions by people.) , but again i am not sure if it will satisfy your bass needs.
Hmm , ur recommendations are perfect , but i guess i well keep an eye on TF10 , and DDM now . Souring DDM will be an issue though .

Also IE7 ( if we can grab that 10 piece deal )

FaH33m said:
Going by Esantosh's description I have a real bad urge to try out or get my hands on the DDM .It looks perfect for electronica genre :D Its almost time we guys plan out a all India head-fi meet . IE8s,SM3,TF10,RE-252,RE-262 its all there :O
Yup faheem , DDM really needs to be in our ears at least for a trial , See at head-fi or somewhere if we can arrange 2 units for the same :)

Lemme know , on a serious note !

its better i you ask for ie8 GO, at 9-11K i might be interested.(and yeah , provided they are genuine)

i dont think its impossible as IE8 retails at around 130-140 pound in UK ..at authorised retailers.

well, from what i had researched earlier, IE7 is more preferable than IE8 (considering SQ/Rupee ratio which is significantly higher in IE7), collating all the factors (overpowering bass of ie8, lesser isolation than ie7, etc).

So we shall have a GO of IE7 instead :D

I am ok with any of them at thsi price point .

I am eagerly waiting for this IE7 guy's reply .

I have asked him to give assurance regarding authenticity and best price in one shot if we take at-least 5-6 pieces .

Lets wait for his reply , will update here as soon as i get a mail back .

dragonball said:
well, from what i had researched earlier, IE7 is more preferable than IE8 (considering SQ/Rupee ratio which is significantly higher in IE7), collating all the factors (overpowering bass of ie8, lesser isolation than ie7, etc).

So we shall have a GO of IE7 instead :D
I somehow feel the same way , IE8 is no extra ordinary performer except +1 points for BASS .

i feel you will be disappointed with IE7 after trying re252.

IE8are famous just because thier bass quality and quantity and their wide soundstage. its IE7 without these .

RE252 on the other hand have great mids, highs, bass and soundstage ( width)

and you are selling them ??

strategy said:
i feel you will be disappointed with IE7 after trying re252.

IE8are famous just because thier bass quality and quantity and their wide soundstage. its IE7 without these .

RE252 on the other hand have great mids, highs, bass and soundstage ( width)

and you are selling them ??
Yup selling Re252's , thread is in market section .

No reason to sell them , although i am like highly satisfied with there performance , last night changed the bi-flange tip to medium silicon one and found the best fit , heard almost 4hours of non stop music on them and the bass that was earlier missing , came back :)

it depends a lot on the right fit to get that bass right . But still selling , just dunno why .

Update : GUYS HAVE RECEIVED THE MAIL FROM IE7 GUY , HE IS LEFT WITH 7 PIECES NOW . BEST PRICE HE HAS QUOTED IS 6500 FOR EACH . FOR AUTHENTICITY HE IS SAYING YOU CAN COME AND CHECK FIRST , ONE HE IS USING FOR HIS OWN USE .

NOW GUYS FROM CHENNAI , WHO CAN MANAGE TO GO TO HIS PLACE AND CHECK THE AUTHENTICITY FIRST , PM ME , I WILL PROVIDE YOU HIS CELL NUMBER , SO U CAN FIX UP WITH HIM AND PLAN A MEETING .

^ DBA 2 are available at 8K remember guys.! ( not talking about esantosh and faheem , you go ahead and buy all IEMs out there)

me, i'll pass.

^ Hey! I am not buying IE7. Was not even interested in IE8 :p

@anubhav,

Frankly, I think you should think about your RE-252 sale, esp. since you say you like them very much. Sometimes, what you hear at that moment may not mean much. But then, when you switch to other IEMs, you will definitely miss them. Happened to me even with Panas. Ask Faheem about missing 252! But, it's your IEM and your decision in the end :)

Couldn't agree more with Santhosh. I couldn't use the TF10 after I got them back after the whole RMA process, missed the mids on the RE-1 far too much. Never used the TF10 again. :p

Not that the TF10s are bad though, the RE-1's just happened to bring out their biggest flaw.

Back