Top Upcoming Games For PS2 in 2006 !

@Other members - i think Bluff deserves a rep or two for his work in this thread. I'm sure if he wasn't active in PCvsC he would've got some though.

@Bluff - Next time post the sources of the screens/thumbs as a simple link at the end of each post.

Tales of Legendia : Review !
Published by :Namco
Developed by :Namco
Genre : Real-Time RPG
Number of Players : 1
Release Date :US February 7, 2006
Rating - 7.7

Presentation { 7.0/10 } : In a weird anomaly, the storyline is only average at best but characterization is extremely deep. Additionally, the cutscenes and interface are done well and the load times are acceptable.

Graphics { 8.0/10 } : Though Legendia isn't the best looking RPG in the world it has a great style to it and a nice bit of detail found in monsters and heroes. Sadly, pro-scan and widescreen aren't options.

Sound { 7.5/10 } : A pretty impressive (but short) soundtrack is slightly marred by voice acting that doesn't exactly jump out of the speakers. Overall recording quality is good, though.

Gameplay {8.0/10 } : Legendia's real-time battle system allows for combos, chains, team attacks, and special magic assaults, but enemy resistance is kind of non-existent for the first half of the game. Great boss battles!

Lasting Appeal { 8.0/10 } : The main adventure lasts roughly 30 hours and there are a good number of sidequests and mini-games to enjoy along the way. The post-game character quests add plenty to do as well.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

IGN [ 7.7/10 ] : It's been a long time coming but after nearly five years of waiting, American PlayStation gamers can finally sit down with a new installment of Namco's fabled "Tales" saga once again. It's actually been somewhat of an excruciating wait too, with 2004's engaging Tales of Symphonia only ported to the U.S. GameCube while related efforts like Tales of Destiny II and Tales of Rebirth have been skipped over entirely. Unsurprisingly, this draught in domestic release has made the "Tales" franchise one of the most highly-requested IPs among dedicated RPG fans... and judging by the emails we received when the latest edition, Tales of Legendia, was finally confirmed for North America, a second chance at the market was long overdue............ http://ps2.ign.com/articles/685/685562p1.html
GAMESPOT [ 8.0/10 ] : Namco-Bandai's saga of "Tales" games have found homes on a variety of platforms over the years, with almost every entry spinning its own independent story in its own unique world. Tales of Legendia is the newest face in the Tales family, and there's a lot to like about it, from its rich and beautiful environments and easy-to-grasp battle system to its chatty and personable cast. Some blemishes exist, most prominently in the tuning of the encounter rate and how world travel is handled, but genre and series fans will find it easy to like this otherwise well-crafted adventure.............. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/talesoflegendia/review.html?sid=6143743
GAMESPY [ 3.5/5 ] : With the onslaught of games hitting us week after week, it's not easy to differentiate the great games from the truly stellar. Like cars, some games really push the envelope as far as both aesthetic appeal and depth go. Last year, there were a handful of standout games -- Resident Evil 4, God of War, and even Dragon Quest VIII. They were like the Maserati's of the auto world; they were certainly sexy and attractive to the average Joe, but they all offered up substance and depth that so few do. That said, Namco's latest foray into the RPG realm isn't really a half-million dollar machine; rather, it's more like a Corolla -- it's fun, reliable, efficient and it'll get you where you need to go. It's not going to blow you away, but it is certainly a step above the mediocrity that is flooding the market............... http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/project-melfes/685980p1.html

BOTTOMLINE : Despite its Jekyll and Hyde challenge level and run of the mill narrative, Tales of Legendia still has some extra gas in its tank. Characterization and overall production values are among the strongest we've seen in the genre for some time, and the battle system itself can get addicting even when your opponents aren't offering much in return. That said, Legendia is definitely slanted towards more action-oriented role-players who don't mind breezing through an easy twenty hours before getting to the real tests of skill. Regardless, when all is said and done the game is actually pretty rewarding... you just have be the patient type to enjoy it.

This game might get a good responce! People are looking forward to it real-Time battle system, one of the best Action-Rpg's in a while.

Well I am not into rpgs but what do u think about winning eleven 9 ?? I have fifa 2006 but i guess i will have to give winning eleven a try !

Actually the Thing is winning eleven is not officially licensed so therefore no Real teams and no real players ! Thats the only thing which is stopping me from buying winning eleven.The graphics are also poor compared to Fifa !

params7 said:
@Other members - i think Bluff deserves a rep or two for his work in this thread. I'm sure if he wasn't active in PCvsC he would've got some though.

UNFAIR!!! I repped Deathdemon for one of his posts in the debate evewn though you can never convince me that consoles are better.

And I did rep Bluff for his work on this thread.....

bluffmaster said:
Actually the Thing is winning eleven is not officially licensed so therefore no Real teams and no real players ! Thats the only thing which is stopping me from buying winning eleven.The graphics are also poor compared to Fifa !

The same thing as Brian Lara Cricket! Still though, its at least worth a try. Fifa 2k6 is great too, looking at it overall, i still say Fifa 2k6 is better due to full roster and other features but Winning Eleven's gameplay alone almost catches up with all those!

@Nikhil - That's good of you dude ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You see iam not a hardcore football fan so all that complex gameplay in winning eleven might not just interest me { but i will sure give it try once }!:)

As far as brain lara cricket 2005 is concerened I have that but i always play the icc world cup coz it has real names and player likeness. I never play exhibition matches in that game ! Can u imagine harbhajan singh with an army cut :p ???

^^ Exactly Bluff..Ur dead on.

Hardcore Footie Fans MAY Not like the complexity in Winning Eleven/PES Series, for people who are more into the FUN aspect of football, FIFA Franchise are better.And If you want to get ur hands dirty with some real football action, there's always WE/PES Series.

You can get many patches for Kits/Player Name/Club Name/Roster/Music Changes at many sites on the net (PM Me if you want them).

Reps for bluff :).

Regards,

DC.

There are mimimum 5 patches that I know as of now for the PS2 games :)

(PM Me if u want to know of the sites :D)

I also only buy PS2 games cos I have a PS2 :D.

DC.

Thanx Caretaker and welcome to TE. Yep I hope godfather is the next GTA Killer ! Its got much more depth in its gameplay than GTA and its much more realistic ! Lets Hope it will be an awesome game !

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure : Review !

Published by : Atari
Developed by : The Collective
Genre : Third-Person Action Adventure
Number of Players : 1
Release Date : US February 14, 2006
ESRB Content Descriptors : Blood, Strong Language, Violence
Also Available On : Xbox, PC

marceckosgettingupcontentsunde.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
marceckosgettingupcontentsunde1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
RATINGS !

Presentation [ 8.5/10 ] : The opening cutscene and menu design do a great job of capturing what a graf artist lives like and sees. The urban atmosphere is spot-on.

Graphics [ 8.0/10 ] : All the graffiti pieces seen throughout the game are done by real graf artists, and they look great. All the texture maps really paint the picture of a fun and gritty urban environment.
Sound [ 9.0/10 ] : The music is great. The line-up of artists really adds to the experience.

Gameplay [ 6.5/10 ] : The fighting and platforming are very awkward. The sloppy camera doesn't help either. Progressing from level to level becomes a chore rather than a fun challenge.

Lasting Appeal [ 6.0/10 ] : Maybe if I could put my own art in the game, I'd play it over and over in order to spray it all over the city. But there's not much to look forward to when you're forced to tag somone else's name.

OVERALL : [ 7.0 /10 ]
Reviews
IGN [ 7.0/10 ] : I appreciate what this game is trying to do. Unfortunately, it can’t quite get the fundamental controls to work well enough. If fighting is in the game, it has to function as well as everything else. The same goes for platforming. I love the soundtrack, and I love the graffiti cultural nods that show up through the story. But I really wish there was some way to import my own art and paint that all over New Radius. That element alone would have given this game so much more substance. My only wish now is that the team pursues a sequel where the controls are tweaked and user art can be implemented..................http://ps2.ign.com/articles/688/688550p1.html

GAMESPOT [ 8.7/10 ] : Getting Up is a reference to getting your name up on the wall, not necessarily climbing up to huge heights to do so. But in Marc Ecko's new graffiti-laced action game, Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, you'll have plenty of chances to do both. As a mixture of third-person fighting, Prince of Persia-like acrobatics, and frequent stops to get your name up on various surfaces around the near-future city of New Radius, there's a good deal of variety to the action in the game. But Getting Up has more to offer than just exciting gameplay. The story, dialogue, soundtrack, and look of the game all contribute a great deal to the flavor and authenticity of the package. The end result is an interesting and often-exciting adventure that should be appealing to most action-game fans, but will probably hold extra appeal if you're at all interested in graffiti and the culture surrounding it.............. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/marceckosgettingupcontentsunderpressure/review.html?sid=6144311

YAHOO GAMES [ 3/5 ] : After a legion of games which claim to be "street," gamers are rightfully skeptical whenever a new title appears claiming to represent the art and culture of urban America. Getting Up is arguably the first true street game, with a pedigree to prove it. Thanks to heavy input from former tagger and fashion designer Mark Ecko, plus appearances by underground luminaries like Shepard Fairey (the lad responsible for plastering Andre the Giant's face in every urban center of the globe) there's an air of legitimacy missing in other titles.................... http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamereview?cid=1951017791&tab=reviews&page=0&eid=436869

BOTTOMLINE : While this is certainly a playable game, and sometimes even fun and challenging, it crucially fails to immerse players in the world of street art and culture. Instead, it simply appropriates the superficial aspects to make yet another passable action title. Encounters with legends just aren't enough, because only a handful of players will recognize them. Ultimately Trane's actions -- and yours -- don't really represent anything significant about street culture. It's difficult to see this product as anything but a variation on a theme. And since Getting Up once seemed like it could me much more, that's deeply disappointing

I'm sure you were trying to make a point with that pic but...

...Anyway. I just got two new(or rather "old") PS2 games yesterday. Katamari Damacy and Dark cloud2.

Oh Iam sorry , actually i accidentely pressed enter, I was actually posting the review of gettin up !

...Anyway. I just got two new(or rather "old") PS2 games yesterday. Katamari Damacy and Dark cloud2.

Never heard of those games , are they good ? ?? what genre ?

Back