Touchscreen mobile phone, budget:under 15k

vint

Disciple
Hi,
Looking for a touchscreen mobile phone with the below features:

1. FM radio support
2. 2 MP camera or above
3. wifi support and corresponding browser support (flash is a bonus)
4. FM radio & mp3 support
5. video recording and playback
6. 3G
7. Memory slot supporting atleast 16 GB.

let me know your suggestions :)

Ok Apart from the Memory up to 16GB, Nokia Xpressmusic 5800 will be the closest IMO. :)

You can however expand up to 8GB. Comes at around 14k on ebay and if you have discount coupon then even great. For 14k you will even get sennheiser headphones.

nokia 5800

It has all the features you want including 16gig memory support.

Its broswer is very cappable, this post is written directly from 5800 over wifi connection.

I would suggest you to buy it:hap2:

My roomie has a Nokia 5800 and i have used it for web browsing (through GPRS/EDGE) and it is really good. Rest all features you want are all available. Even GPS works fine and gives my near to accurate location.
Not sure if flash is supported or not.

Am using the 5800 Xm blue now but I feel like you should also consider Samsung Galaxy which I think is around Rs. 15k now. When I compare the 5800 n Galaxy, I think Galaxy's Android interface is more fluid and polished than the functional Symbian v5 on 5800. And I feel the 5MP camera is much much better than the 5800's camera, not because of Pixel count but in terms of sensor quality and focusing etc. And the Galaxy has 3.5mm jack. Am just suggesting as I am also considering the Galaxy as my next upgrade.

I think Samsung Galaxy Spica beats Nokia 5800 for the best VFM phone under 15k. All those features and more with Android 2.1 goodness, and you can't go wrong. :hap2: Now even I feel I should have gone for Samsung Galaxy Spica over Nokia 5800. :ashamed:

manu1991 said:
Wait for 5530XM , looks much better than 5800 , has all features you need .

No. I have tried 5530XM and it's too boxy, smaller display (2.9" and 5800 has 3.2"), lower battery life, no Sennhieser headset included in the package. Everything else is same. No doubt that 5800XM is way better than 5530XM.

but yes, Galaxy i5700 Spica trumps 5800XM in performance and smartphone OS department!

guys i just want to point out one thing,correct me if i am wrong,android does not support sending music files over bluetooth ,dont know if any other file can be sent phone to phone via bluetooth,i think in our indian setting sharing files over bluetooth is important:)

IMO too 5800XM is the best option under 15k. I just tried Opera Mobile 10 beta...tabbed browsing with flash support is great. My friend brought 5530XM, but just like desiibond said, 5800XM is better.

Back