FS: Video Card TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition [RMAed Card]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, the price is not the issue. The price that you're willing to sell this card for is very very low & it feels as if you're literally ripping yourself off.

The major issues with these card is the requirement of the card itself. As mentioned in the official website, it recommends the following. I was carefully looking through all the requirements
  • Minimum 850 Watt Power Supply - Fail
  • 2 x 8-pin + 1 x 6-pin Power Connector - Check
  • PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard - Check
  • Minimum 8GB of system memory. 16GB recommended - Check
I was looking to trade my Zotac 3060 Ti (3 months + 5 days old) with an AMD card as I made a mistake (godamn miners) by buying nvidia card (didn't want to wait for another year) because Wayland.

The chassis that I have (Meshify C) also supports the dimensions of the card as well as the water cooler.

I bought this Cooler Master G700W GOLD PSU (its overkill for the specs I use) last year before upgrading to alder lake (12700 (Non K, Non F, 65W TDP)+ B660 WiFi motherboard as it supports the Intel ATX 12V version 2.52 connectors.

Although, it has 4 x PCI-e 6+2 pin connectors but its 150W below the recommended PSU specs and I wonder if'll even boot and even if it boots, the question is whether it'll run stable at full load (1 x nvme, 1x ssd, 2 x 7200 rpm hdd, 2 x 120mm cpu fans, 3 x 120mm top fans, 1 x 120mm rear fan, 1 x pci-e sound card, usb KB & mouse).

Maybe like 0.1% of PC enthusiasts/gamers in India will have a PSU with 4 x PCI-e 6+2 pin connectors.

So you should have a pretty high end PC to use the GPU with such high requirements. Keep the card man, don't rip yourself off.

I think that massive 360mm AIO is a big issue for most people. There’s not many cases which can fit this especially if people are using 3.5” disk bays or another AIO for the CPU.

If this was an air cooled model or even a 240mm version, it would have been sold already. The pricing is excellent for a card like this.

I myself would have purchased this if it was an air cooled model which would fit in my SFF case.

Dude, the price is not the issue. The price that you're willing to sell this card for is very very low & it feels as if you're literally ripping yourself off.

The major issues with these card is the requirement of the card itself. As mentioned in the official website, it recommends the following. I was carefully looking through all the requirements
  • Minimum 850 Watt Power Supply - Fail
  • 2 x 8-pin + 1 x 6-pin Power Connector - Check
  • PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard - Check
  • Minimum 8GB of system memory. 16GB recommended - Check
I was looking to trade my Zotac 3060 Ti (3 months + 5 days old) with an AMD card as I made a mistake (godamn miners) by buying nvidia card (didn't want to wait for another year) because Wayland.

The chassis that I have (Meshify C) also supports the dimensions of the card as well as the water cooler.

I bought this Cooler Master G700W GOLD PSU (its overkill for the specs I use) last year before upgrading to alder lake (12700 (Non K, Non F, 65W TDP)+ B660 WiFi motherboard as it supports the Intel ATX 12V version 2.52 connectors.

Although, it has 4 x PCI-e 6+2 pin connectors but its 150W below the recommended PSU specs and I wonder if'll even boot and even if it boots, the question is whether it'll run stable at full load (1 x nvme, 1x ssd, 2 x 7200 rpm hdd, 2 x 120mm cpu fans, 3 x 120mm top fans, 1 x 120mm rear fan, 1 x pci-e sound card, usb KB & mouse).

Maybe like 0.1% of PC enthusiasts/gamers in India will have a PSU with 4 x PCI-e 6+2 pin connectors.

So you should have a pretty high end PC to use the GPU with such high requirements. Keep the card man, don't rip yourself off.
Well thought out comments but there are few things that are perhaps not exactly correct, practically speaking :

1. I am running this on a 750W corsair PSU with an i7 12700K without issues. I had an RM 1000i which had to RMA, got the corsair PSU as a stand in and it is working fine with it. Admittedly I am not doing crazy MPT overclocks on it.
2. You can use daisy chain i.e. one 6pin and one 8pin from same wire, if you have a good quality PSU.
3. About the case thing, I have put the GPU cooler outside my case (first pic in OP). I think it is great aesthetically but I admit that it is subjective.
I think that massive 360mm AIO is a big issue for most people. There’s not many cases which can fit this especially if people are using 3.5” disk bays or another AIO for the CPU.

If this was an air cooled model or even a 240mm version, it would have been sold already. The pricing is excellent for a card like this.

I myself would have purchased this if it was an air cooled model which would fit in my SFF case.
@Panda So, You guys are not worried about the card being RMA'ed and without accessories ? One person told me that it is probably the main reason for card not being sold.

ou guys are not worried about the card being RMA'ed and without accessories
For me, the main reason for being scared of this deal has been your RMA experience with Saphire and the fact that you mentioned there are some sleeve defects and 100 C temperature on the card

I am scared of taking on the Saphire experience and will definitely steer away from them even when I get my first hand card in next couple of months

For me, the main reason for being scared of this deal has been your RMA experience with Saphire and the fact that you mentioned there are some sleeve defects and 100 C temperature on the card
There are no 100C temps with the RMA'ed card. Cosmetic issue should not be confused with a practical "defect". Hope that clears your confusion.
I am scared of taking on the Saphire experience and will definitely steer away from them even when I get my first hand card in next couple of months
Understandable.

So, You guys are not worried about the card being RMA'ed and without accessories ? One person told me that it is probably the main reason for card not being sold.
Sapphire did say the warranty is still valid for the RMAed unit without the accessories and you also have an email from them confirming the same. So I don't think that's a major issue. If you have good packaging material to ship the card, it should be fine. As for Sapphire RMA being a PIA, it is what it is. It's not like buying other brands guarantees a smooth experience all the time.

The sleeve thing would slightly annoy me but for the price at which it's being sold, I would just choose to buy and do some DIY fix to make it look more aesthetically pleasing. From the photos, it does not seem like a defect which increases the risk of a leak.

Last edited:
Imo the main reason is the RAM experience with Saphire and OG card reaching 100 C, like the comment above me mentions. If someone is spending this high amount of money on a GPU, makes sense to buy from a brand with good customer service. Still i think your price is amazing, if someone is willing to buy it.

I just saw your comment saying "There are no 100C temps with the RMA'ed card." This was clear to me when i went through the thread, but maybe some ppl wont really be convinced since the OG card had issues. I think if you post benchmark pics and show the temps, maybe it can boost your sale thread.

It's not like buying other brands guarantees a smooth experience all the time.
Exactly.
From the photos, it does not seem like a defect which increases the risk of a leak.
That is correct.
Yes it clarifies. It might help you if you post your temp profiles if any other people have these questions
Here you go. This is on TS2 after few runs. Almost no game is going to create the same amount of load and temps on GPU. This is at default fan speed i.e. max 51 % so can go quite lower if you increase fan speed. Sapphire support has told me that 95C is expected.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Well thought out comments but there are few things that are perhaps not exactly correct, practically speaking :

1. I am running this on a 750W corsair PSU with an i7 12700K without issues. I had an RM 1000i which had to RMA, got the corsair PSU as a stand in and it is working fine with it. Admittedly I am not doing crazy MPT overclocks on it.
2. You can use daisy chain i.e. one 6pin and one 8pin from same wire, if you have a good quality PSU.
3. About the case thing, I have put the GPU cooler outside my case (first pic in OP). I think it is great aesthetically but I admit that it is subjective.

@Panda So, You guys are not worried about the card being RMA'ed and without accessories ? One person told me that it is probably the main reason for card not being sold.
At that price, no one would actually care about accessories and regaring its RMA, its normal for GPU's and no one would care as its still under warranty. But sapphire does seem to do shady things like not honoring the purchase date as the start date for warranty, ignoring accessories etc., although its the highest end GPU. I can't wrap my mind around that & how they handle RMA in India. Guess, that's what we get for living in a 3rd world country.

And nope, I'm (majority) not into hardware modding as I need my PC daily and wouldn't run such high demanding CPU + GPU with a PSU rated below the recommended specs. 800W GOLD is okay'ish IMO. Better to say safe than to burn down the entire chassis and the data loss of the HDD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back