Trackers - Discussions Thread

guys i recently started on TL and till now built Buffer and ratio using outside seeding to get rid of wait times.

I have a question. If i download a torrent ? within how much time should i upload to ratio 0.4. I did not find any info on that in rules or FAQ. All i can see is 0.4 ratio or consecutive 60 hours/120 announces.

Well i have powercuts at my home so how to manage that consecutive 60 hours ?

guys i recently started on TL and till now built Buffer and ratio using outside seeding to get rid of wait times.

I have a question. If i download a torrent ? within how much time should i upload to ratio 0.4. I did not find any info on that in rules or FAQ. All i can see is 0.4 ratio or consecutive 60 hours/120 announces.

Well i have powercuts at my home so how to manage that consecutive 60 hours ?

Hi,

Ratio is calculated on basis of how much u download and seed back(upload). Now as i read up, what you want to know is about seeding rules, it very much states, to a ratio of 1:! or 60 hours or 120 announces. Now to reach that, you need to have your pc on 24x7 and utorrent if thats your client, leave it on with that file seeding on it. It doesnot matter if u donot upload or seed anything, what matters if meeting either of the trackers criteria.

#vishalk do you within how many days a ratio of 0.4 has to be acheived on TL. I went through all of their rules, FAQ, guides but did no find anything about specifying "N" days for doing so.

As for 60 hours i read that its 60 out of 72 hours and thats fine

You should ideally then have to do one of the following:

1. Hit 1:1

2. Seed 60 hours. Can be in breaks if need be.

The threshold of 60H is usually within 2 weeks.

^ no its seed back to ratio of minimum 0.4 or seed for atleast 60 hours out of 72 hours.

i don't think its 2 weeks. According to rules its 72 hours

You should ideally then have to do one of the following:

Seed 60 hours. Can be in breaks if need be.

The threshold of 60H is usually within 2 weeks.

TL doesnt care about those minimum seed hours....if somthing doesnt make ratio on ma box...i remove it immediately and load a fresh torrent....no warning nothing till now.I think its just a pappr rule
<

Oh I just read that in rules seeding is difficult on TL without seedbox

Yep i have 100 mbit dedi and it is difficult to seed on TL - a friend of mine who has a whatbox makes more buffer than me ...if you want to make a TB buffer easy hen get the feral hosting plan the cheap one .They now come with 10Gbps downlink...a 100Mbit is too much work on TL withall those gbits:p.

TL doesnt care about those minimum seed hours....if somthing doesnt make ratio on ma box...i remove it immediately and load a fresh torrent....no warning nothing till now.I think its just a pappr rule
<

Yep i have 100 mbit dedi and it is difficult to seed on TL - a friend of mine who has a whatbox makes more buffer than me ...if you want to make a TB buffer easy hen get the feral hosting plan the cheap one .They now come with 10Gbps downlink...a 100Mbit is too much work on TL withall those gbits:p.

Really you do that ? man I am on BSNL UL 750 and 1 month on TL 11GB upload via outside seeding. A week back tested to do a direct download on TL. Did a TV torrent of 1.2Gb and it took 5 days to get to 0.5. Next i did a 200MB Tv episode and in 2 hours no leechers at all. All i uploaded was 14Mb.

New feral hosting plans are for a minimum stretch of 3 months. It will take some time to completely upgrade all the slots to new plans.

I plan to use TL sparingly

Till the first 6 GB download you are in safe zone. After that HnR will start watching your account. But the content is really great. But for new releases there are 20 different torrents for the same release.

And you get 72 hours to complete 60 hours...? After you have hit full DL..?

Thats what their rules say. Let me post them.

• All torrents must be seeded to a minimum of 0.4 ratio, we previously had this as 0.6 but felt some were finding it too hard to achieve so we have reduced it to 0.4
  • If you cant reach 0.4 on the torrent ratio then the torrent must be left open seeding for minimum of 60 hours/120 announces. (Do not cheat this by manually forcing an announce as we can detect this easily and you will be caught)

What is the minimum ratio I should keep?
  • Every user is expected to maintain an overall site ratio of 0.4 after downloading 6GB. If you fail to do this the site will automatically warn your account and you will have 6 days to get back to an overal account ratio of 0.4 The warning will automatically be removed as long as your account is still over the 0.4 minimum site ratio as soon as it expires. It will NOT remove itself as soon as you reach a ratio of 0.4
  • There is also a per torrent minimum which is also 0.4 If you are not able to seed the torrent to 0.4 then you will need to leave it seeding for 60 hours within a 72 period (Ideally 60 hours straight) or you could receive a warning for Hit & Run.

All torrents must be seeded to a minimum of 0.4 ratio, we previously had this as 0.6 but felt some were finding it too hard to achieve so we have reduced it to 0.4

If you cant reach 0.4 on the torrent ratio then the torrent must be left open seeding for minimum of 60 hours/120 announces. (Do not cheat this by manually forcing an announce as we can detect this easily and you will be caught)

Okay, I stopped using this tracker cause I found the seeding lame. Anyways, from what I get torrent should be on full open seed for 60 hours, but they have not set a time-limit in how many days/hours you should complete 60 hours, to remain within the green. This is quite easy. Just leave it full seeding for ~2.5-3 days once it hits 100%.

#asingh post updated see the bold lines in the second quote

Within 3 days. Ok. Depends how strictly they follow this. Again not that difficult, but if someone DL's a torrent and goes on vacation, he might get jacked. Are they really this strict on TL...?

Really you do that ? man I am on BSNL UL 750 and 1 month on TL 11GB upload via outside seeding. A week back tested to do a direct download on TL. Did a TV torrent of 1.2Gb and it took 5 days to get to 0.5. Next i did a 200MB Tv episode and in 2 hours no leechers at all. All i uploaded was 14Mb.

New feral hosting plans are for a minimum stretch of 3 months. It will take some time to completely upgrade all the slots to new plans.

Yep they dont give a jacks shit about that rule...as long as your overall ratio is above 1...and what is this outside seeding ? i dont understand.Why not get into IPT for a change ? it has almost everything you would find on TL and seeding on IPT is like seeding on thepiratebay so no worry
<

I see so if feral is costly you can go for whatbox ...they have this plan called "heat" ...ma friend is on one and he moved from Xirvik to whatbox and is very satisfied with it....his box rapes mine in "flac" racing on FTN
<

try underleech.org they give one free invitation to TL also. it is owned by one of the admins of TL. also u can try out seed.st or chociz.com

Yep they dont give a jacks shit about that rule...as long as your overall ratio is above 1...and what is this outside seeding ? i dont understand.Why not get into IPT for a change ? it has almost everything you would find on TL and seeding on IPT is like seeding on thepiratebay so no worry
<

Outside seeding is nothing much. Just download a file from other sources like TD or IPT with good SLR. Now on TL there will be the same release of the file. Just download that .torrent file from TL and add that to client. since the same release complete file is with you the client just checks the data and finds that you have 100% and starts seeding to TL.
<

I may not have put it well. But a little googling can help. Outside seeding on seedboxes will shoot up your ratio
<

Back