Trip - Goa during new year eve?

Lol who is this fellow, 3 lacs budget for Goa ?
I just look for rooms with a clean toilet and a bed, dont care for a fancy hotel room when i am going to be spending time outside mostly. 12k a day for taking a dump and a bath is plain stupidity.
Rent a bike for 100-200 bucks a day, look for a good clean cheap room (requires patience and a lot of travelling around to look for the best deals ,max target i keep is 800 per head per day) ride to all the beaches, get drunk, move on to next beach, get drunk more, party till late in the night, repeat (except steps 1-2 ) for 3 days.
However i wouldnt recommend anyone to visit Goa from December to mid-jan. Place becomes more like Kumbh mela, it becomes what you were trying to escape from in the first place. Made the stupid decision of visiting in Dec last year, worst decision i made. all the prices were sky high (more than triple in some cases starting from the bus ticket to bike rental) and theres a shit load of drunks in the parties. Plus chances of getting stuck in a traffic jam in the wrong places is common towards the evening (31st is pure hell) October end or jan end is what i usually aim for.

Like all the wise people said above, if 4 guys go, you can easily manage in around 5-10k during the off season months and max 15k during peak times. Go to any of the south beaches if you really want to enjoy the peaceful Goa. Only foreigners. The Indians you find, are mainly the people who work there. No Indian tourists. That's the high point. I would really recommend Palolem beach. I spent 2 days there. The best of my life. :D

No need to book in advance. Since you are all guys, you can find something without any issues. Couples should look for options before they go. The place where you bunk is only going to be used for sleeping and for freshening up in the morning. So, no point spending shitloads of money on that. Book tickets via train. Go the tatkal route if required.

Have a blast! :D

@rite: Dude, don't scare people! They'll never think of going to Goa otherwise! :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

chiron said:
^^ I think he is talking in paise not rupees.
The best comment of the day! Hahhahahaha!

rite said:
1. I assume that you don't want to stay in anything less than a five star or four star deluxe.

I agree to your point that if someone plans a luxury trip for Goa, he would end up spending quite a bit during New Year's close to 75k - 1L/couple IMO but seriously dude, 3L? Thats pushing it. Even for a five star or a four star deluxe hotel, your prices are WAY OFF. Dude, I don't know what your deal is but people generally post on the forum seeking genuine advice. 20-30k on food man, for 3 days, in OFF SEASON are you for real???

Or maybe we don't hangout where you do in which case, would really appreciate if you could enlighten us as to WHERE in Goa can one burn 3L for just boarding and lodging during New Year's? And if you do decide to take up this challenge, please be specific about your hotel choice and do provide a link to their rates for New Year's eve packages.

agupta02 said:
I agree to your point that if someone plans a luxury trip for Goa, he would end up spending quite a bit during New Year's close to 75k - 1L/couple IMO but seriously dude, 3L? Thats pushing it. Even for a five star or a four star deluxe hotel, your prices are WAY OFF. Dude, I don't know what your deal is but people generally post on the forum seeking genuine advice. 20-30k on food man, for 3 days, in OFF SEASON are you for real???

Or maybe we don't hangout where you do in which case, would really appreciate if you could enlighten us as to WHERE in Goa can one burn 3L for just boarding and lodging during New Year's? And if you do decide to take up this challenge, please be specific about your hotel choice and do provide a link to their rates for New Year's eve packages.

wow great a challenge !

lol

apextwin146 said:
If we can make a bio-gas plant utilize the amount of bullshit you spew, we would be able to solve India's electricity problems!
:rofl: :rofl:

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Looks like you got your hands on some good weed this time..
Lolz! You deserve a Toscar for all the l33t responses! :p

@OP: Several friends of mine have been to Goa with a 7~10k budget and they come back with a big grin on their face. I hope you are headed there with your friends who wouldn't mind staying at cheaper hotels, renting a couple of bikes and hanging around till late night.

And since you were kinda old here, I thought you knew Techboi. Guess I was wrong.

rite said:
But if I were you, I wouldn't want to travel by anything less than Air Economy Kingfisher/Jet/Biz GoAir/First Class Train, preferably stay in a five star and have most meals in five stars or top restaurants and travel by taxi. So with that the expenses will obviously be tenfold more.
Point is, not all of them are super rich as you are and do not own the A5 to be heard from the bathroom. :)

The Sunburn suggestion is really good.... :)

I should plan something like this too....

Cheapest is lodging is always a hostel to sleep in or if you are in a jungle tents to sleep in and big jungle to freshen up :D

No five star hotel can come close to the feeling of setting ur tent up on a curved rock as it was too dark to see anything and climbing up in ur sleep as u kept sliding down only to wake up in the morning to find urself on top of a mountain above the clouds :D

Im going with full family so cant take the risk of arriving at Goa and then looking for a place to stay. My budget is ~2k per room per night, so what could be my options? Where could I reserve myself some accommodation for 28th-31st?

Members - 9+1 child

Mephistopheles said:
Im going with full family so cant take the risk of arriving at Goa and then looking for a place to stay. My budget is ~2k per room per night, so what could be my options? Where could I reserve myself some accommodation for 28th-31st?

Members - 9+1 child

I would suggest you one good option - you can stay at Vitthal kamaths which is not exactly in goa but around 20 mins away from it

so its accommodation price is not so high but the hotel is good

techno_guy said:
I would suggest you one good option - you can stay at Vitthal kamaths which is not exactly in goa but around 20 mins away from it

so its accommodation price is not so high but the hotel is good
Transportation available easily from there to South Goa (Palolem beach etc.) ?

just go to sunburn, the parties at five stars are total crap compared to sunburn festival, where last year you had Armin himself spin it out.

am pretty sure that 3 lac guy has absolutely no idea who Armin is what so ever.

And yeah right, for 15-30K per head you can totally great time out there... get your best of friends together and party it out man, you won't regret it ever. Seriously !!

Me and my friends (8 in total) are also planning a road trip pune/mumbai - goa from 27/12-02/01
Been looking to rent a beach house or villa or serviced apartment. No luck yet. Any suggestions?

Which is the better route to goa, from pune or mumbai(borivali)?

Sunburn is from 27-29. What to do on 30th, 31st and 1st?

Going for the first time, so don't really know how to go about this...

rock_ya_baby said:
Lodging 1.5K per room in Candolim area. Cottages/Lodges near Anjuna are pretty cheap Rs. 500-800.
Which places? Any contact details?

rite said:
First of all you won't get booking.

Secondly, even if you do, any average five star will charge 25-40k per night on twin sharing basis. So that is like 75-100k per night for 4 people.

With a budget of 3 lacs, you are all set.

And just btw, the room which costs 25k per night per couple during New Years comes at 5k during off season. So the rates go up five times.
you are right man ...

you wont get a booking now ... all small and big hotels will be fulled by foreigners ...

you just need your friend's place or relative's place to stay in a day :p because in the night you will be enjoying :D

In goa you will find many pubs and discos @ cheap rates say 1500-2000 bugs entry with 1-2 drinks and 1-2 starters free.

All you need to find cheap place to stay for 2-3 days.

Food is expensive in goa but you will get cheap beer and whiskey ;)

also if you want to roam around goa then either hire a car or a bike on a daily basis

mjumrani said:
Me and my friends (8 in total) are also planning a road trip pune/mumbai - goa from 27/12-02/01

Been looking to rent a beach house or villa or serviced apartment. No luck yet. Any suggestions?

you can take a goa highway from panvel ... you will reach soon

Even I am planning to go during the last week of december.

Any recommendations for renting a 2 wheeler? I need 2 of them.

Any good and safe place for partying? Going with girlfriend and unfortunately none of us drink either :p So would love some place where you can enjoy without drinking.. [it is ok if others are a lil drunk of course]

mjumrani said:

Avoid going in private vehicles as the route is very risky and many accidents take place

Go by a luxury bus or Train

Ps: I myself had suffered from a mishap two years back but nobody had any serious injuries just some stiches

The hotel which we had tentatively booked is all full. Can someone suggest a homestay or something? Looking for inputs from local goans.

Back