Trip - Goa during new year eve?

I am also planning go to Sunburn now....

Drive Mumbai to Goa - 4 Frds 1 car
3 days Sunburn - 30th Rest to get rid of hangover, water sports or sight seeing - 31st New years party or Sit on the beach and cool down
Return 1st

Only one thing left for me, getting to Mumbai from Goa on 2nd Jan..I have railway tickets booked from Mumbai to Chandigarh on 2nd jan. Every mode of transport seems to be too expensive (2.5k per person bus fare!)

Does anybody here have any contact details of private taxi's (Innova/Qualis)?

Im willing to shell out ~10-12k for 7 people and 1 child from Goa to Mumbai

Goa is expensive over the new year if you are not the can live anywhere and can eat/drink anything kinda guy. Do remember that everyone tries to milk the tourists during new year and live on that income for the rest of the year. Plus its super crowded and dirty which I absolutely detest. This is exactly the reason I avoid Goa at new year. Going in sept-oct makes a lot more sense. This year, I got a 5 star suite for 2k'ish and my entire 3 day trip including booze and petrol was done under 20k.

For new year, try looking at places which are not that well known. Ofcourse if you like the crowd, noise, and dope then goa is the place to be on new year.

Chaos said:
Goa is expensive over the new year if you are not the can live anywhere and can eat/drink anything kinda guy. Do remember that everyone tries to milk the tourists during new year and live on that income for the rest of the year. Plus its super crowded and dirty which I absolutely detest.

Although I hate crowded places too I wanna visit Goa once on New years just to get a feel of what it is like... I can stay anywhere and would be carrying my tent with me incase I dont find suitable hotels or lodges :D

ronnie_gogs said:
Although I hate crowded places too I wanna visit Goa once on New years just to get a feel of what it is like... I can stay anywhere and would be carrying my tent with me incase I dont find suitable hotels or lodges :D
Hahahahhaha:hap2::hap2:...carry a tent..That is crazy

Staying in Panjim is one way to get good rooms at very economical rates. Thats what we did last Dec when we were in Goa. Rented Hero Honda bikes/Activas for the entire period. Just ride a bit, board the ferry with the bike and get to Anjuna and all other places.

For guys going with family, I would not really encourage it. The place is a 'zoo', with all kinda party animals, in the last weeks of Dec.

Back