Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 for $95

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree , When it comes to Top-Tiers

Its just that we ourselves have to decide what we are looking for , rather than just going by reviews and recommendations .

esanthosh said:
PS: It took me a long time to type this out between my sleep breaks. Guess I'll just rest...
Just an FYI, do you have pain behind eyes?

If yes, get a dengue ns1 test done. I had suffered from it and believe me it was one of my life's worst/tensed moments.

a lot of TF10 are at GEB around 10K..

This amazon deal has its side effects..

But, when are TE deals gonna open, 6k I guess...

Ha ha ha..

this deal has brought the resale value and actual value of TF10 ...

anubhav2345 said:
I agree , When it comes to Top-Tiers
Its just that we ourselves have to decide what we are looking for , rather than just going by reviews and recommendations .

Actually, not much we can do unless we can audition ourselves. What we can decide is what kind of signature is preferable to us. But then, we would not know how an IEM sounds without reading reviews. And in most cases, opinions fly around based on the bias of the reviewer. Descriptions can only go so far. What sounds like "natural bass" to me may not be enough for you. What is acceptable as 'right amount of treble' for me may sound harsh and ear piercing for you.

In any case, within the top-tier or even the so called "near top-tier", personal preferences determine which IEM is "better". I can easily see someone having TF10 as their only IEM and be satisfied for life. I cannot see so many liking DBA-02 instantly ("It's all treble and nothing else" - as one head-fier who tested it said). But, it does not make me like TF10 over DBA-02 (at least now, but this again can change in the future). Me not liking RE1 does not make BF1983 reconsider his love for RE1 either. It's all about personal preference, bias and choice.
dragonball said:
Just an FYI, do you have pain behind eyes?
If yes, get a dengue ns1 test done. I had suffered from it and believe me it was one of my life's worst/tensed moments.

Fortunately, no! and I am getting better with some rest. Thanks for your concern :)

TF10 have very good depth and yeah i find them narrow width wise ....

soundstage wise TF10 have very good imaging and depth ...as depth 0f TF10 > FX700 > AKG K702 = RE262 ( i dont have TF10 anymore so i might be wrong )

Width wise its at the bottom OF the toptiers i have tried .. Width "Guess who" > FX700 >= RE262 > TF10 ( its a part of their Signature( call it "charm" i will say )

Bass wise ..i always said they were perfect !! I say that now too but now i think ..." perfectness can come in different flavors " :p ...lightning quick without compromising on the thuMP !..THATS a feat IMO!!

@santosh ...WHAT ...you are ill !! .. :annoyed: i will remember this when you try to sell IEMs ( spoil your thread , saying " virus on the IEMs " ) :p

get well soon !

strategy said:
I say that now too but now i think ..." perfectness can come in different flavors " :p ...lightning quick without compromising on the thuMP !..THATS a feat IMO!!

@santosh ...WHAT ...you are ill !! .. :annoyed: i will remember this when you try to sell IEMs ( spoil your thread , saying " virus on the IEMs " ) :p

get well soon !

Yep! I agree. There are different flavours of 'good' be it bass, mids or treble.

On the fever: Why I even mentioned it is because I've been waiting for TF10 for a year. It gets delivered on a weekend and usually my routine involves listening to the IEM for 8-10 hours and I got fever. Frustrating!

"Viral IEM"? - now that's catchy marketing :p

Update: Finally managed to spend some time with them. To my ears, these do nothing much wrong anywhere. TF10 is I'd say more "rounded" than many of my IEMs. I certainly like them better than RE-252.

At least on the stock cable and the Medium flanges, these don't sound like bass monsters to me. The bass is very good though. It's not excessive and at the same time, far from deficient. TF10's so called V-shaped sound may be a bit over-stated. To me it sounds flat in the mids and only a bit bumped in the extremes. It may be a question of cable and/or fit & seal. Not sure!

I keep comparing them to HJE900 mentally because

a) Both give you more perception of depth than width.

b) Both are a bit emphasized at the extremes than mids.

c) Both are more "fun" IEMs than analytical, but they do have details.

d) Both do imaging and positioning very well.

That's just the on-the-surface similarities. But the differences are huge

a) TF10 mids are not as recessed as the Panas.

b) TF10 does vocals better. Panas lack clarity in the vocals.

c) TF10 is definitely more detailed.

d) Forgot to add:TF10 can work with much lower volume levels, meaning plenty more room to increase for noisy environments (RB-ed Clip+ @ -35, RE-252 @ -31, Pana @ -23+ - for comparison) whereas Panas require a certain volume to shine.

TF10 definitely is among my Top 3 IEMs now (displaced 252s).

My impressions of them exactly. I kept saying that "they're not recessed" "they're not recessed" but nobody listens around here. If one comes from a Ortofon Eq7, i can imagine him saying that its recessed but thats not a general opinion of them. They are not analytical iems, thats the reason i feel they're not fatiguing even after listening to them for long hours.

Wait till you try them with the Twilight cable. You'll thank me for sure ;)

bennysachdev said:
My impressions of them exactly. I kept saying that "they're not recessed" "they're not recessed" but nobody listens around here. If one comes from a Ortofon Eq7, i can imagine him saying that its recessed but thats not a general opinion of them. They are not analytical iems, thats the reason i feel they're not fatiguing even after listening to them for long hours

I agree! I listened an hour more after that and I feel these are among the most non-fatiguing IEMs I own. It has a nice balance without the humps and bumps which stare you in the face. I think most of this noise about 'V-shaped', 'recessed mids' is just BS. About 2-3 years ago, it was one of the handful of top-tier IEMs and people weren't complaining when they paid $300-400 for it. Now that you get many more choices, even some at lower prices, people started finding 'faults' with TF10. The mids are not forward, but definitely do not sound as recessed to me.

The only reason I might go for other cables is for comfort. Otherwise, I do not have issues with the stock cable. I'll try the Twilight though as it's not that costly! :)

My stock cable broke just after two months. I wonder how long yours will last. And I really take good care of them. From the case to my ears and then back to my case. One day, connected to my sflo2, in my pocket, the left side jus stopped working.

Thank god for detachable cables, otherwise using such an expensive iem for just two months wudve bin a really depressing thing. The twilight cable has been working perfectly since 6mths now(touchwood).

The fact that they don't have the memory cable makes it easier to it put on n off.

I know that now that your also enjoying the tf10s thoroughly, we'll start seeing more love for these Iems now that more and more ppl start recieving their orders from Amazon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back