Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 for $95

Status
Not open for further replies.
karan_n8 said:
No offer man, im getting a good discount on MRp from the Indian distributor in delhi. Might go for the X 10.
If you are getting X10 at nice price go for it , because its very comfortable and flagship , if its comfortable you can wear them for a long time , its better than on-ear type headphones .

many missed the deal, go through the thread. Am sure many will sell a TF10 in 2-3 months ..keep a look out.

for those in US the $178 ..is still a good deal ! :)

I was looking for these from long time. I went to sabarimala this week end, hence missed out. I joined amazon just for these, hoping they will have TF10 this year as well... But sadly missed it. Anyways I am happy at least I got the Monster turbines.

and a l-shaped stereo jack ....i hope they are not compromising on the quality of the product though ! :p
l-shaped jack is an improvement IMO though.
as per the new owners though ...it still sounds as good ! :)

@esanthosh - In the Original Post It says that "the fit is perfect and the workmanship is first rate". That means that those are universal no more right?

^ Those are customs molded for his ear by Fisher Hearing. You need to get it and re-mold it to your ears through Unique Melody. If you have someone to bring them for you, it costs $99 + shipping = approx Rs. 5K + 7.5K for remold through Amarbir = Rs. 12.5K which will be the cost of universal TF10 through ICCWorld soon. If fischer can do the re-mold, then you can buy, ask the seller to send to Fisher directly, send the ear impressions from here and get the custom back. Could work out a bit cheaper provided there are no issues of Govt's customs with your customs.

Got mine today. Didn't have much time to check as I'm down with fever. But, mids are not as recessed as I imagined - comparable or less than HJE900. It reminded me a lot of HJE900, though there are differences.

esanthosh said:
Got mine today. Didn't have much time to check as I'm down with fever. But, mids are not as recessed as I imagined - comparable or less than HJE900. It reminded me a lot of HJE900, though there are differences.
Santosh sir , Get well soon !!

Really sad to know , u r ill :(

Just have rest and avoid being online till u get fine :)

Wish u a speedy recovery :)

^ Thanks anubhav.

But fever is one of those boring times. You wish to do something to break the boredom, but you cannot do it for much longer as the body demands rest. I digressed.

Anyway, I tried TF10 again, but not for long. I didn't have fit issues as I kept fearing for a year+ thankfully. When strategy kept saying that he does not feel TF10's sound stage is wide, I was thinking that he was unfairly comparing them to his AKGs. But it is not so. With the stock cables at least, I get more sense of depth than width.

I like the bass on these - a combination of BA's speed and enough thickness to make it engaging. It may not be the best quantitatively - HJE900 has even more mid-bass, VB even more sub-bass, Xears TD100-I & even DDM probably has a bit more. But, TF10 has a very good combination of quality and quantity. Mids do not seem as recessed to my ears as the HJE900. So personally, I'll save on cable for a while. Treble is good - has some sparkle, but I think I'll prefer DBA-02 more. None of these impressions come from proper A/B/A-ing or long sessions, which I'll do much later.

PS: It took me a long time to type this out between my sleep breaks. Guess I'll just rest...

esanthosh said:
^ Thanks anubhav.

But fever is one of those boring times. You wish to do something to break the boredom, but you cannot do it for much longer as the body demands rest. I digressed.

Anyway, I tried TF10 again, but not for long. I didn't have fit issues as I kept fearing for a year+ thankfully. When strategy kept saying that he does not feel TF10's sound stage is wide, I was thinking that he was unfairly comparing them to his AKGs. But it is not so. With the stock cables at least, I get more sense of depth than width.

I like the bass on these - a combination of BA's speed and enough thickness to make it engaging. It may not be the best quantitatively - HJE900 has even more mid-bass, VB even more sub-bass, Xears TD100-I & even DDM probably has a bit more. But, TF10 has a very good combination of quality and quantity. Mids do not seem as recessed to my ears as the HJE900. So personally, I'll save on cable for a while. Treble is good - has some sparkle, but I think I'll prefer DBA-02 more. None of these impressions come from proper A/B/A-ing or long sessions, which I'll do much later.

PS: It took me a long time to type this out between my sleep breaks. Guess I'll just rest...
Nice impressions , Seems TF's will suit me too . Cant wait for mine's . Sadly i am in the second lot .

Well sir , Pls take care and pls rest :)

Get well soon .

dr.sankhadeep said:
now i am thinking should i get a tf10 or not...??
NO !!!!

Better save for something better than ur W3's .

TF10 < W3

So u wont find anything great about it . As ur ears are now used to W3's

^ W3 > TF10 is not always applicable .:p Seriously when you go top tier , its all relative and all about different sound signatures. I asked Benny if he found W3 to be lot better than TF10s but it seems they are just a different sound signature with slightly bass etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back