OC & Modding unable to overclock

sachin1

Disciple
Jan 3, 2009
hi guys,
i have an e5200 installed on GA-G31-S2L mobo and i needed help regarding overclocking ...
whenever i visit the BIOS and enable the overclocking function ,it asks to me to set the system voltage to auto so i do that...after that i try to overclock it 3-4% and save ad exit..but nothing happens when i restart my PC and check the system clock from windows or cpu-z
then i again visit the bios and found that the host cpu control option which i had enabled was disabled ..how?

help me guys
sachin1

ultimabasher

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
Pune
Seems that the overclock you are trying is not allowing to boot properly, try increasing the cpu and ram voltage if you can.

What ram you have?

G31 allows only linked overclocking so you will need to have a decent ram along with it.

sachin1

Disciple
Jan 3, 2009
Seems that the overclock you are trying is not allowing to boot properly, try increasing the cpu and ram voltage if you can.

What ram you have?

G31 allows only linked overclocking so you will need to have a decent ram along with it.
i have 4 gb of ram (2x2) and i optimize the system voltage to auto as the BIOS directs me to do.
one another thing i noticed that after saving and exit from BIOS my computer shuts down completely(fans off ,no noise for 2-3 seconds) and then restarts and the settings do not come into effect

viva1986

Disciple
Sep 28, 2009
Delhi
i have a transcend value ram of 512mb and i successful overclock my processor(i.e. intel pentium d925 3.0GHz) on this board.

sachin1

Disciple
Jan 3, 2009
guys i do not have a value ram and as known to me my mobo GA-G31-S2L supprots oc at will. then whats the problem?
here is my BIOS ..sorry for a bad quality piic but that was all i could manage with my webcam in hurry:ashamed:

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95

sujithbvm

Adept
Aug 31, 2009
Bangalore
it means that during the complete shutdown ur system reverts bak the original settings and overclock doesnt happen:hap5:......and then it bbots bak with the Optimised settings,,,,,,,,

ultimabasher

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
Pune
Ocing with 4gb ram is always difficult cause 1 ram my post to 800 mhz while the other one may not ultimately failing the oc. Try this in case, remove 1 module and try and then try with the other. Try to find till where you are able to push individually. Apart from that also try to go high on voltages. It will not affect much at all unless you plan on running it on high voltages all the time. It is even possible that your procy is not able to post at some frequencies cause of a possible FSB hole. Try going to 20% oc to begin with to confirm what is the case.

Reactions: 1 person

sachin1

Disciple
Jan 3, 2009
sujithbvm said:
it means that during the complete shutdown ur system reverts bak the original settings and overclock doesnt happen:hap5:......and then it bbots bak with the Optimised settings,,,,,,,,

exactly right !:(

axeman

Ye Olde Systems Breaker
Skilled
Apr 28, 2009
Asleep 1-4
www.torrentleech.org
your ram is mostly the culprit here, if you can manage a temp sensor on the ram's you would prolly see the same.

i solved it for a friend using a ram cooler, which helped to get over the issue. his ram was also not value, but the issue was really of adequate cooling in the cabinet to get better airflow around the ram.

in very rare cases it would be the proccy.

try to overclock direct in the bios, if yours allows in smallest possible steps and verify.

sachin1

Disciple
Jan 3, 2009
^^ as i have uploaded the attachment in the above post ..can u please see and make out for me -what to do ?
ddr2 voltages are set at normal and the cpu volts are around 1.2