Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Discussion Thread

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Completed the trilogy a few minutes back. Been playing all 3 titles back to back.

Have to thank 'The Last of Us' before that I had no interest in the series at all but post that I had to try Uncharted.

The end boss fight in 3 was so much of an anti-climax compared to the first 2 and thanks to it being scripted I had to restart from last checkpoint because I knocked him off the rock and the game was stuck. No cut scenes triggered, the bad guy wasn't coming back. Compared to 2 where I was running like a headless chicken and died a number of times or even 1 where I had to time my movements just right or die.

It wasn't a bad game but it seemed to drag or maybe it is just the fact that I have been playing Uncharted for so long and I am still yearning for more. For every 1 thing I like about this game there was 1 thing I hate about it.
Like - Ability to throw grenades back at the bad guys. Hate - Multiple Headshots and the bad guys were still alive and kicking
Like - Cutter, the new character. Hate - The way Elena looked in this game.
Like - The ending was good for the trio. Hate - What happened to the other two? Were they killed while recuperating or okay?
Like - The Fire demons. Hate - The end boss was a wuss.
The list goes on and on.

Between the 3 if I have to pick a game and play again it has to be the second one. Not because everyone says so but because it had me running away from a helicopter, run on top of a train, beautiful Snow levels, good puzzles and platforming, jumping from truck to truck to blow stuff and the interaction between Nathan and the companion characters was fun as well.

I just wish the game would be longer than it was.

The sand levels were beautiful but were too few. Maybe they could have allowed us to play some levels as Sully with Marlowe as the companion. Wish Marlowe got possessed and turned into a witch.

Wish I had a Vita so that I could play some more Uncharted.

Last edited:
The one on the vita is a an avg game. So dont feel too dejected. Some even go to the extent that it looks like a rehash of UC1.

As for UC3, there has been plenty of rant about it and imo was a horribly rushed games. There were lots of loose ends in both the story as well as gameplay. There was a patch which corrected the headshot aiming for players.
But overall, the 3rd edition offered nothing new, leave alone ground breaking.

Been thinking that the PS4 might just be a silly excuse to continue the series. There is prolly nothing left other than rebooting the series and keep on adding some silly plots to rake in the sales from the fans of the series.
Maybe that is why they came up with The last of Us.

And you might wanna hide the spoilers in your post with the due tags :)

The one on the vita is a an avg game. So dont feel too dejected. Some even go to the extent that it looks like a rehash of UC1.

As for UC3, there has been plenty of rant about it and imo was a horribly rushed games. There were lots of loose ends in both the story as well as gameplay. There was a patch which corrected the headshot aiming for players.
But overall, the 3rd edition offered nothing new, leave alone ground breaking.

Been thinking that the PS4 might just be a silly excuse to continue the series. There is prolly nothing left other than rebooting the series and keep on adding some silly plots to rake in the sales from the fans of the series.
Maybe that is why they came up with The last of Us.

And you might wanna hide the spoilers in your post with the due tags :)

Fixed. I had initially thought of spoilers but I figured everyone who wanted to play this game must have played it by now.

Thanks for warning me about Golden Abyss. Saw the Gamespot review didn't seem like a very bad game but like you said it did seem like a rehash. Even though the game is free Vita is not I guess I will stay away from it.

I don't think the series needs a reboot. Look at the last 2 franchises that got a reboot - Prince of Persia (went back to the original Prince) and Devil May Cry (It is free on PSN+ this month but I am not downloading it).

Instead of a reboot how about continuing the series and do what they did in UC 2 (Shangrila + Yeti). May be do something like a young Sully and Marlowe go to investigate the Bermuda Triangle but reach a dead end and give up. Fast forward to present before events of Uncharted 1 where Flynn has a client who wants him to investigate the Bermuda Triangle, he approaches Sully as he was investigating it before who ropes in Nathan. Something leads to something and they land up in Atlantis. Destroy the already destroyed city of Atlantis post a boss fight with a giant Mermaid and get a clue to one of Drake's sunken ship. The game ends with Nathan and Sully discussing how to fund the underwater excavation in a bar when they see Elena on TV who announces that they are looking to fund escapades to discover stuff. The game ends. Next we have Uncharted 1 on PS3.

so now that many have played these games, can anyone lend/sell uncharted games to me?

I bought a ps3 solely for gta5 and thought will sell it off when ps4 launches, But now seeing the launch price, and very less games at launch, I am thinking of playing ps3 exclusives. Have also played Red Dead Redemption and loved it. Will also get Last of Us tomorrow from one of my friend.

so now that many have played these games, can anyone lend/sell uncharted games to me?

I bought a ps3 solely for gta5 and thought will sell it off when ps4 launches, But now seeing the launch price, and very less games at launch, I am thinking of playing ps3 exclusives. Have also played Red Dead Redemption and loved it. Will also get Last of Us tomorrow from one of my friend.

Make a WTB thread in market section here and IVG. Also checkout Game4u and Landmark.

Uncharted, Killzone and Resistance games are available dime a dozen.

I personally enjoyed 3 more than 2 or 1. Maybe because I played 3 without any expectations and I enjoyed it lot more.
I would recommend playing any game after the hype for it has gone down considerably or has no hype but good score as you go in minimum expectations and enjoy it even more.

Just finished playing the game, i know that i started little late but again, it is amazing and incredible. i played on ps3, and did it in only one week, i guess it is my new record lol
i played second part of the game too, and i liked it more, but this one is amazing to. maybe i will try uc1 too but i will see

Back