Unlimited Usage on BSNL EVDO Upto 2Mbps?

Anyone here using it in Bangalore. Hows the experience. My house is quite close to the RT Nagar tower. So connectivity will not be a problem. How are the speeds in rapidshare premium downloads.

I wouldnt recommend this to anyone who is into lot of downloading.. I am using it for past one month and even though I have full signal i hardly get 256kbps speed. Since TATA Wimax and Reliance Wimax are the only other alternatives i decided to stick to this.

This may be the worst connection for torrents as the ports are block and a single IP is shared to many users. Upload is not that great either with 64kbps max upload speed. I am pretty much sick with the speeds as its not consistent and very slow.

I find the connection good enough for casual browsing with lot of limitations. Some ticket booking sites may not work properly also :/

^^ Are you sure the tower in your area supports EVDO, and you are getting EVDO signals and not the slower 1X CDMA signals? If you are having a good signal you should get good speeds too. If your tower is EVDO enabled but still you end up with low speeds, go to the BSNL office and get the device programmed again.

hp-india said:
^^ Are you sure the tower in your area supports EVDO, and you are getting EVDO signals and not the slower 1X CDMA signals? If you are having a good signal you should get good speeds too. If your tower is EVDO enabled but still you end up with low speeds, go to the BSNL office and get the device programmed again.

Yes its EVDO enabled, getting full tower, device is also reprogrammed still no use, checked with few other ppl in this area all have same issue. BSNL customer service is hopeless on this front :mad:. Wont recommend EVDO, its better if someone its buying to check with existing user or borrow it for a day and check it.

Update in Hyderabad, today morning I went for a demo to Exchange, download speed will be around 300kbps, and upload will be around 80kbps which is very bad, even I checked at my home, which is little bit lower. AE is saying no upgradation or improvement in future for the same. Avoiding EVDO.

EVOD is a facade.

All broadband firms are milking money out of customers.

FUP and insane prices are total brain damaged deals.

It is insane to see that TRAI is still stuck at 256kbps limit for a broadband connection.

Jokers running IT ministry it seems. This limit was set years back. looks like they did not foresee the future.

huh...

blufox( disgusted Airtel 384kbps UL customer)

swordfish123 said:
Anyone here using it in Bangalore. Hows the experience. My house is quite close to the RT Nagar tower. So connectivity will not be a problem. How are the speeds in rapidshare premium downloads.

You are near the R.T nagar exchange? ? We used to get about 70KB in R.T nagar but from last week or so we got only 10-15KB! :mad:

Srini said:
Update in Hyderabad, today morning I went for a demo to Exchange, download speed will be around 300kbps, and upload will be around 80kbps which is very bad, even I checked at my home, which is little bit lower. AE is saying no upgradation or improvement in future for the same. Avoiding EVDO.

do u know speed in nallakunta;)

Has the torrent DL speeds improved these days?
Friend wants one. Main usage is video chatting, Youtube and downloading.
If torrent speeds are not great then how good is the speed for downloads via fileserve, megaupload etc? (free users)
Does it disconnect and reconnect frequently? Which is a better bet. The prepaid or the postpaid one?
There is a tower nearby his house. So range is not an issue.

DarkAngel said:
Has the torrent DL speeds improved these days?

Friend wants one. Main usage is video chatting, Youtube and downloading.

If torrent speeds are not great then how good is the speed for downloads via fileserve, megaupload etc? (free users)

Does it disconnect and reconnect frequently? Which is a better bet. The prepaid or the postpaid one?

There is a tower nearby his house. So range is not an issue.

Depends on the torrents.. if the seeds are great, i easily max out @230 KBps.. and no, it doesn't disconnect at all.. Have been using fileserve for past month.. and all i can say is.. i can easily d/l 5-6 GB data during night.. :p

kauzy said:
Depends on the torrents.. if the seeds are great, i easily max out @230 KBps.. and no, it doesn't disconnect at all.. Have been using fileserve for past month.. and all i can say is.. i can easily d/l 5-6 GB data during night.. :p
Thanks :) Asked another friend here who lives nearby. He says he is getting speeds of ~1.3Mbps - 1.5Mbps and Torrent speeds of ~150KBps and disconnections only during peak hours. Seems pretty decent buy i guess.
Is anyone using the prepaid one? Is it better to go for it over a postpaid connection?

Back