Unlimited Usage on BSNL EVDO Upto 2Mbps?

^They said they are expecting the devices next week. So have decided to wait for a week. Dont want to go for unknown devices since if there is some issue then chances of resolution are minimal in that case.

Would like to stick to the MMX C300 or the older Rev 0 ZTE model.

Anyone form Pune using this? I want to buy one but before buying need to check what the speed is and if data card is available in Pune.

kuduku said:
Sierra wireless 595U 1000 bucks from US including all shipping and duty

should work without issues

but i have never tried it

It will work with any service provider who activates EVDO on ESN

Like BSNL ,Tata , RIM , MTS
kooldude_vijit said:
I hve one evdo modem lyin unusd..do u want it.???

Sent from my Nexus S

Interesting. Anyone tried this one out?

Would like to stick to the MMX C300 or the older Rev 0 ZTE model.

Have a ZTE AC8700 Rev 0 BSNL Logo branded model ....this was bought from BSNL only and is not being used anymore.

Shoot me a PM ....if you need it...can work out a cheap deal for you :)

Supra said:
Have a ZTE AC8700 Rev 0 BSNL Logo branded model ....this was bought from BSNL only and is not being used anymore.

Shoot me a PM ....if you need it...can work out a cheap deal for you :)

BSNL guys are ok with own modem and say Rs.500 for activation. So YGPM :)

BSNL EVDO card being a CDMA device doesnt need a SIM, right? The BSNL lady is unsure. I thought the ESN should be registered and thats that. (Never used a CDMA data card. So I am a bit unsure) Need quick feedback.

BSNL gives two type of devices

ZTE one is programmed , no SIM slot

Micromax is SIM based , EVDO SIM is given which can be used in any EVDO capable mobile

And Micromax is locked to BSNL

this you can confirm as I have not used Micromax device

CDMA SIM is also called RUIM

EV-DO Data card Rel.0 ( D'load speed 2.4Mbps / Upload speed 153Kbps..........ZTE AC 8700

EV-DO Data card Rev.A ( D'load 3.1Mbps /Upload 1.8Mbps )........ ZTE AC 8710, Micromax MMX 300C and Capitel CE200

BSNL gives ZTE AC 8700 and Micromax MMX 300C

If you have your own device check the model number

Yup, have the ZTE AC8700 card that i got from Supra.

BSNL guys says they have registered the ESN no. in their system and gave me a no. (STD code followed by a landline no.)

Used the Dialler no as '#777' and this no. as username and password. But still I am unable to connect to the EVDO network :S PFA the screenshots.

Can someone help me figure this out? Does this mean they havent properly registered the ESN in their system and the device isnt activated yet?

I have used another dialer too that had a connect symbol like firefox. But even using that i got the same error. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Already beginning to get fed up with incompetent BSNL office staff at my place.

[attachment=9336:15993.attach]

Attachments

• evdo1.jpg
    evdo1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 239
  • evdo2.jpg
    evdo2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 200
^ Looks like its not activated. My TATA Photon connection which was disconnected permanently showed the same error message when I tried to connect few days back.

@DarkAngel. They haven't activated your device. call them up and they should make update in their system.
"An Authentication event has occured" also happen when you forgot to pay your bill on time.:ashamed: Happened with me last month.

there must be an activation link in there somewhere. try that. also in my reliance with almost same modem it connects after i get the event occured state also but you have to wait. so try it out.

DarkAngel said:
Yup, have the ZTE AC8700 card that i got from Supra.

BSNL guys says they have registered the ESN no. in their system and gave me a no. (STD code followed by a landline no.)

Used the Dialler no as '#777' and this no. as username and password. But still I am unable to connect to the EVDO network :S PFA the screenshots.

Can someone help me figure this out? Does this mean they havent properly registered the ESN in their system and the device isnt activated yet?

I have used another dialer too that had a connect symbol like firefox. But even using that i got the same error. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Already beginning to get fed up with incompetent BSNL office staff at my place.

View attachment 17111View attachment 17112
I may be wrong...but u used the last 4 digits of the username as password and not the entire username as such, right??

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

its a postpaid connection. Yeah tried the last 4 digits as password too. Didnt work. Will pay them a visit and ask them to check the activation status again.

Back