Unlimited Usage on BSNL EVDO Upto 2Mbps?

DarkAngel said:
Thanks :) Asked another friend here who lives nearby. He says he is getting speeds of ~1.3Mbps - 1.5Mbps and Torrent speeds of ~150KBps and disconnections only during peak hours. Seems pretty decent buy i guess.

Is anyone using the prepaid one? Is it better to go for it over a postpaid connection?
i always prefer the postpaid since it is a headache if the prepaid account expires and you are not able to recharge it on time.. :)

Aman27deep said:
It depends on the tower near you (the speeds).
Yeah. Tower is about ~1.5-2kms from my friend's flat who is looking to buy a new EVDO connection. But the house is in 14th floor. Will this affect connectivity?
He was thinking of Prepaid because he thinks activation is free plus he gets Rs.400 talktime free with it.
So what are the current rates? Is it just the 1.5k+ free activation as mentioned in the site?
http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/internet_on_cdma.htm

I own a BSNL EVDO which i purchased almost two years back, the connection speeds in Cochin were terrible though i was having full range all the time. I have deactivated the connection, but since i purchased the card for about Rs 4500 :(, they will not take it back or refund, I am not sure if the device we are talking about is all the same but it seems soits an ZTE model(i have it with me just in case some one wants i am ready to sell too..:D )..., but my advise is dont expect any gr8 performance out of it, it is more like a lottery :) as per my experience...

Damn Damn Damn. I have BSNL EVDO for ages now (almost since its start) and I never used it coz speeds were pathetic and the device was only used by my brother for his share market needs. Today after watching this thread I suddenly decided to install the drivers on my windows 7 and plugged in the card and to my utter shock the download rate is averaging around 125-130 KB/s and even getting close to 200 KB/s. This is soooooo cool and proves how idiotic I have been using 256 kbps bsnl landline connection in the past when I could have easily used this. :(

arjun123 said:
Damn Damn Damn. I have BSNL EVDO for ages now (almost since its start) and I never used it coz speeds were pathetic and the device was only used by my brother for his share market needs. Today after watching this thread I suddenly decided to install the drivers on my windows 7 and plugged in the card and to my utter shock the download rate is averaging around 125-130 KB/s and even getting close to 200 KB/s. This is soooooo cool and proves how idiotic I have been using 256 kbps bsnl landline connection in the past when I could have easily used this. :(
LOL what were the speeds before? :p

Sumit05 said:
^^Remember prepaid is 750/- but postpaid is 750 + taxes.

SpgbI.png

Not really if you pay monthly, you need to recharge for Rs 830 to get usage value of Rs 752. But if you go for higher value recharges then it will be much cheaper.

Guys EV-DO Scene has changed everywhere now. I am always maxing out 2+Mbps during night. and daytime it gives around 100-125 KB. and best bet is i am still on old 650 wala plan.:bleh:

Is there anyway to know whether there the particular area has EVDO coverage?

Edit: Never mind. Got the coverage details in unofficial evdo forum

BSNL office at Trichy didnt have the modems in stock. They told me they are not issuing modems as of now and asked me to get hold of a modem myself and they are willing to activate the connection :huh: Else they say asks me to wait till someone returns their modem.

So anyone knows where i can get hold of a micromax mmx 300c for a reasonable price.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Micromax Mobile : 300C

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Or is it better to go for this one? Palm Pixi Plus 8GB Black Smartphone Verizon No Contract | eBay

Does BSNL activate their data plans on such mobile phones?

Why do you want a locked modem

get from ebay usa

if interested i will tell u model

ask bsnl will they program it ?

just say that it will get programmed with their zte utility

kuduku said:
Why do you want a locked modem

get from ebay usa

if interested i will tell u model

ask bsnl will they program it ?

just say that it will get programmed with their zte utility

Which one do you recommend for BSNL? Also, can it be used for Reliance / Tata EVDO as well ?

there are "Business Sell Associates" for BSNL (franchisee kinda ) .

generally they do have all stuff in stock which BSNL guy dont have .

here in my city they do even have all 3G dongles of BSNL's own which even main exchange don't have .

they even have used or second hand EVDO modems , so if you have such people in your city may be they can help you . Exchange person or sometime exchange display their contact no.

before buying such modem , do try to get demo at your location for connectivity .

Sierra wireless 595U 1000 bucks from US including all shipping and duty

should work without issues

but i have never tried it

It will work with any service provider who activates EVDO on ESN

Like BSNL ,Tata , RIM , MTS

Back