Unlock iphone 4.1/ Downgrade baseband 5.14.02

Me too waiting with my brand new 3GS. Its a glorified iPod and portable gaming device when not used as a phone. :p

Eagerly hoping for a quick release of iOS 4.2 and the promised unlock.

iOS 4.2 was supposed to be out by now. It's not and nobody still knows when it would be out. The next roumered date is 12 followed by 17. The wait continues.

Ya it was suppose to be released on 9th November but it did not happen so i think it will get release on 12th

So we can expect unlock on 13th or 14th

:p

FaH33m said:
Ohh in that case its best to wait. Anyways I am sure most of the TE guys would never get their phones locked . Its the n00bs who come to TE after they lock it up :p .No offense to anyone . Another friend of mine just called me today saying he locked his 3G to 4.1 .:(

:mad: :mad: :mad: Damn you faheem boy

Sorry if I hurt anyone :p I was also n00b enough to lock my iPhone 2G when I first got it by updating it to 3.1 :rofl: .Thankfully an unlock was available for it at that time .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I wish there was some hack to permanently unlock iPhones like we can do with those locked HTC ,Nokia phones from UK etc . Has anyone tried it using those genuine unlocking sites which provide you an unlock code based on the country and service provider ?

MacStories reports that the iOS 4.2 update scheduled for tomorrow has now been delayed due to a significant bug found in the gold master build. The bug involves WiFi connection issues found by developers currently running iOS 4.2 GM on the iPad. "Basically, even if the iPad manages to successfully connect to a local network, the connection is lost after a few minutes," MacStories states. "This seems to be the most common problem among users, although some can't simply use Safari at all." This bug isn't confined solely to the iPad, either -- our own Chris Rawson noticed the same WiFi connectivity issues while running iOS 4.2 GM on his iPhone 4.

Due to this, Apple has reportedly decided to hold off on releasing iOS 4.2 while they fix the WiFi bug. MacStories' source says developers could expect a new iOS 4.2 GM release as early as tomorrow, but it will be at least another week of testing before iOS 4.2 is released to the public. It may even be another two weeks until it debuts.

Earlier this week, MacStories accurately predicted the release of Mac OS X 10.6.5, though their prediction that iTunes 10.1 was scheduled to be released on the same day didn't pan out.

UPDATE: Mark Gurman of 9to5 Mac just emailed me to point out that iPhoneHellas is reporting the delay won't be as long as expected and iOS 4.2 may be launching on Tuesday, November 16th now. Obviously, this story is still developing and the only people who possibly know for sure just how long iOS 4.2 will be delayed are the boys in Cupertino

You Cannot Downgrade Ur BB Once is been Updated,For More info TINYUmbrella New Firmware 4.21.1 is out u can save ur SHSh Blobs If you have a iphone 4.....B4 its late on Cydia Servers

That above mentioned method uses custom iPad firmware. Also, what that blog fails to mention is that once you update to higher basebands you lose the ability to do a full restore of your phone. I am sure Apple will not look too kindly upon phones with iPad firmware and your warranties will go for a six.

But its Risky And Unstable,Anything goes wrongAnd you are atleast bricked for 6 months,coz u are updating to ipad BB..
Wait and Watch should be the best Policy at this stage

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

You Can restore it back,only via custom cooked firmware and even that is damn risky,apple has already fixing holes and servers are already crashed...
We came to know that The dev team failed to break to old BB unlock,the only thing worked here was the BB of Ipad else it was a long wait again
Lets C what News we have for Iphone 4
Same way or some more quest in the game

@destiny What are you talking about ? The dev-team never failed with the current Basebands. They've had the exploits for months ! They just didn't want to burn a new exploit as they found this new workaround. Agreed, it's risky and voids the warranty for some people.

But jailbreakers / unlockers never really bother about that anyways.

Just unlocked 3G Running 4.1/6.15.00.

Procedure is quite simple. Redsnow will fetch the iPad baseband and install it when you jailbreak. :)

Back