Audio URGENT:Best Speakers for <= 4k ? Altec Lansing VS4121?

sato1986

Skilled
Hi guys...

UPDATED:

Which are the best speakers currently available in india for a Low Budget of 4k....

Currently im looking forward to purchase the ATP3 remake by Altec Lansing : VS4121

Altec Lansing VS4121 Review - Page 1 - Introduction

Are these good enuf for arnd 2.9k or can i buy better 2.1 speakers for <4k ?

I shall be buying these tomorrow itself.i.e.On 5th Jan 09

Thans in Advance guys :)

My usual Speakers Listening can be divided into:

50% Music (40%trance 35% Hard/Soft Rock 15%HipHop 10%Hindi)

25% Movies

15% Games

10% Music While Bathing/Getting Redy (Yea THAT LOUD)

Why settle for 2.1 when you can have 5.1 for bit more budget, movies will get you better sound with 5.1 surround costing 4.5K, so will certain music CDs do.

sato1986 said:
Hi guys...

Which are the best speakers currently available in india for a Low Budget of 4k....

Currently im looking forward to purchase the ATP3 remake by Altec Lansing : VS4121
Altec Lansing VS4121 Review - Page 1 - Introduction

Are these good enuf for arnd 2.9k or can i buy better speakers for <4k ?

OR SHUD I CONSIDER Altec Lansing vs3251 (5.1 speakers) too?

plz Help..

Thans in Advance guys :)

I think these are good enough in 2.9k and there's no use buying that 5.1 junk just because its 5.1.

A 5.1 setup is worth getting only if the source you have is 5 channel, i suppose majority of the stuff you have is in stereo so its better to get that 2.1.

The Alchemist said:
A 5.1 setup is worth getting only if the source you have is 5 channel, i suppose majority of the stuff you have is in stereo so its better to get that 2.1.

Have you ever compare the 2 side by side?

Out of 5.1 you can get 2.1 but you cant get 5.1 out of 2.1

Many DVD movies have 5.1 recording, you may try watching Titanic DVD & you can feel the difference.

Many Music CDs have surround effect better when in 5.1 mode, the recording is stereo but the driver converts the signal to 5.1 & I say it again it does make a lot of difference when you compare 2.1 vs 5.1

So, VS4121 are the Best 2.1 Speakers for the Given budget of Rs. 4k ?

Then il be buying the same tomorrow itself.

ty for ur posts :), but do tell incase a considerably better 2.1 setup can fit in 4k

1st Post UPDATED

ranjan2001 said:
Many Music CDs have surround effect better when in 5.1 mode, the recording is stereo but the driver converts the signal to 5.1 & I say it again it does make a lot of difference when you compare 2.1 vs 5.1

So according to you a crappy driver is a better mixer than the recording engineer who mastered the CD :rofl:.

Chaos said:
So according to you a crappy driver is a better mixer than the recording engineer who mastered the CD :rofl:.

Thats not what I meant

original 5.1 source recording will always sound better in 5.1 then 2 channel recording converted to 5.1 artificially with the driver.

I have the VS4121, and they are strictly OK, I preferred my older Artis 2.1 speaker set. Personally speaking increase your budget a little and get a MX5021 at 6.4k odd...

Aces170 said:
I have the VS4121, and they are strictly OK, I preferred my older Artis 2.1 speaker set. Personally speaking increase your budget a little and get a MX5021 at 6.4k odd...

ok now thats put me into Cnfusion....

Artis 2.1 > VS4121? Sure?
IF Yes then Y??? Whats lacking in VS4121?
Shud i buy Artis 2.1 then??

VS4121 it is then......................... Today.................. Plz save me if im going wrng way............................ :/

nops, i alrdy have boomy intex 4.1, n still they are wayyyyy better than Creatives.... i need Near-PERFECT SOUND REPRODUCTION (As i love trance)

PS: Limited Budget

Edit: Creatives are a BIG NO NO for me

sato1986 said:
nops, i alrdy have boomy intex 4.1, n still they are wayyyyy better than Creatives.... i need Near-PERFECT SOUND REPRODUCTION (As i love trance)
PS: Limited Budget
Edit: Creatives are a BIG NO NO for me

All trance needs is a big boomy sub but thats my opinion :p. The recordings are sub par mostly.

@ranjan2001: Since when did CDs start appearing in 5.1?

Chaos said:
All trance needs is a big boomy sub but thats my opinion :p. The recordings are sub par mostly.

Yes Trance needs BIG but Accurate bass ALongwith SOund STaging , Beat Seperation..

And i listen to FLAC or ATLEAST 320Kbps when listening to music, so recording quality is Superb (Specially in LIVE ViDEOs) :)

Again, it comes to Speakers only...........................

I guess ive made up my mind,,,,, VS4121

N for the 5.1 movies, i may be using it with my intex 2.1 speakers as surround speakers IF REQUIRED.....

PS: Intex have REALLY Nice Beat Seperation n mid range, but when volume goes up, the Lows start coughing, the Mids turn into Highs n it all gets a bit ****ed up. Hence they seem perfect to be placed behind me as surround speakers. (Dual Subwoofers may come handy in HD 5.1 movies which feature HUGE bass output :))

PS: Intex have REALLY Nice Beat Seperation n mid range,

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: I don't know why people are so lame that they get overwhelmed with higher ratings :rofl: PMPO isn't the solution for better music ! Higher power output the carppier is the sound.. and same goes for all *tex companies :rofl: I saw couple of these at my friend place and they sound like $#!^ , no bass , no treble and nothing it was plain nonsense.. ! And you say Intex has some better products :rofl:

I would rather consider delaying buying my speakers than to settle for Intex or similar :p

the Mids turn into Highs n it all gets a bit ****ed up. H

So true.. The sound quality even get worse on pumping up the volume :p

TBH, artis did make some good ( i mean relatively less crappy :p) speakers - I mean their products looked like they really wanted to make some good stuff, rather than throw some cheap stuff together and sell it as a speaker

pity they are not available these days tho

Chaos said:

Hi Chaos,
You seem to be good with catching the words,
"A perfect syntax does not necessarily mean a good semantics"
read my post #4 in totality word by word I never said that Cds come in 5.1 but I still respect your tech knowledge.

Back