Audio URGENT:Best Speakers for <= 4k ? Altec Lansing VS4121?

I will not recommend Altec Lansing...

It does have good quality.. but ZERO after sales service. My 5.1 Altec Lansing 251 speakers are out of warranty. I got one of the pins broken and there is no body who can repair it. Even rashi (whose name is listed on altec's website) refused to do it.. even when I was ready to pay the expenses.

mk76 said:
I will not recommend Altec Lansing...

Even rashi (whose name is listed on altec's website) refused to do it.. even when I was ready to pay the expenses.

What did they say they cant repair or they wont repair ?

Have you complained to Altec support service from their website?

Dark Star said:
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: I don't know why people are so lame that they get overwhelmed with higher ratings :rofl: PMPO isn't the solution for better music ! Higher power output the carppier is the sound.. and same goes for all *tex companies :rofl: I saw couple of these at my friend place and they sound like $#!^ , no bass , no treble and nothing it was plain nonsense.. ! And you say Intex has some better products :rofl:

I would rather consider delaying buying my speakers than to settle for Intex or similar :p

So true.. The sound quality even get worse on pumping up the volume :p

i am nt judging the speaker by PMPO, i never mentioned a single word abt it...
Duno y sm ppl think they r pro's n start babbling b4 reading/knowing the whole thing.
Intex do have gud midrange n beat seperation AS COMPARED TO CREATIVE SPEAKERS. There Low n High range is jst ABSENT!. n no need of repeating my words that intex get ****ed up at high volume, obviously they are a piece of Junk which converts to crap at high volume.

Also, i alrdy have the intex spekers n so i dnt need to buy a Low budget crappy 5.1 (Creative Inspire or Altec lansing 3251), n hence as i mentioned im alrdy buying VS4121. PLz read properly b4 posting rofls n rofling 4 no resn.

January chip magazine recommended.......GENIUS SW-V2.1 1255 [performance]......for Rs4000....u might consider it.

also according to there review.....

altec VS2521[3k] >artis S111r[3.5k] > VS4121[3.4k]

also there is razor mako:p ...

firstly, VS2521 << VS4121 in terms of rms, size of drivers, no. of drivers, THD....

secondly i dnt trust chip magzine review as i feel they jst look for Higher VOlume.

thirdly, i feel razor Only knows how to make Mouse, Mousepad, rest evrything by them litterally sux.

Anyways, thats jst my Opinion... ty for input

lol....thats true:p
sato1986 said:
firstly, VS2521 << VS4121 in terms of rms, size of drivers, no. of drivers, THD....

secondly i dnt trust chip magzine review as i feel they jst look for Higher VOlume.

thirdly, i feel razor Only knows how to make Mouse, Mousepad, rest evrything by them litterally sux.

Anyways, thats jst my Opinion... ty for input

greenhorn said:
pity they are not available these days tho

Artis spkrs aint available these days? :S

My friend got a 2.1 from Pune. No clue as to how old the set is but seemed like new.

when it comes to reviews don't trust mags like chip , digit etc

I am surprised that its is taking so long to finalize the best budget 2.1 speakers , with so many knowledgeable members around

ranjan2001 said:
What did they say they cant repair or they wont repair ?
Have you complained to Altec support service from their website?

They said they won't repair. I went to RP office personally. He suggested that I should visit any local repair center.:mad: I said I will pay. He said we won't unless and until its in warranty.:mad:

I will never recommend Altec to any one.

forum67 said:
January chip magazine recommended.......GENIUS SW-V2.1 1255 [performance]......for Rs4000....u might consider it.

also according to there review.....

altec VS2521[3k] >artis S111r[3.5k] > VS4121[3.4k]

also there is razor mako:p ...
Never heard of this 'Genius':D SW-V2.1 is just 36W. Instead one can go for Edifier at 46W.

I dont know why people make fun of Intex and other brands without even hearing them. Sure most of their speakers are crap, but a few are surprisingly good. I myself have an Adcom 4.1 speakers in Goa and I realized that they were rather good. The bass was a bit boomy, but the mids and treble were rather nice.

Anyways since you are willing to spend a bit, just get an Altec Lansing MX5021 for 6.4 and you will never feel the need to upgrade again

UPDATE:

PURCHASED ALTEC LANSING VS4121

Im Loving It

TY all for ur contributions....

i finally heard these speakers n as a personal choice i wudnt have got better sound in a tight budget of 4k :) im very happy :)

mini-review:

Pros:

1. VERY VERY ACCURATE SOUND REPRODUTION OVER THE ENTIRE FREQ SPECTRUM (after setting the knobs as recommended)

2. Gr8 Fidelity, Sound staging, beat seperation

3. HUGE BASS (gr8 for trance, movies, high volumes)

4. Very Cheap indeed

COns:

1. Bass accuracy not sooooooooo gr8 (slightly overwhelming) - though it may be adjusted a bit by proper woofer placement

2. Speakers need to be kept atleast 5ft apart to get the best room fill.(Updated)

3. Mid-range isnt as deep as as z2300

Back