Car & Bike Verna Petrol Basic Model VS Honda City Basic Model

dude .. get the honda city .. i have the top model .. its awesome .. the only thing i regret is .. the price has decreased now :((.. i got it on dusshera .. class safety features .. touched 180 twice on busy palm beach road .. very stable car (maybe mum/n mum users know about it) .. my aim is to get it to 200 on expressway :p thou ..

BUT REMEMBER many imp. features are missing in basic variant ..

like the ALLOYS .. FOG LAMPS(well you dont need that if you dont go for vacation @ hillstations) .. MUSIC SYSTEM (the music system of city is AMAZING).. HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE driver seat !!!

and bargain a lot .. request for various accesories .. i stay in n mum but got the car from andheri coz the price was around 50k less in andheri + they gave me some accesories (n mum honda show room was not giving that)

ISHROCZ_14 said:
dude .. get the honda city .. i have the top model .. its awesome .. the only thing i regret is .. the price has decreased now :((.. i got it on dusshera .. class safety features .. touched 180 twice on busy palm beach road .. very stable car (maybe mum/n mum users know about it) .. my aim is to get it to 200 on expressway :p thou ..

BUT REMEMBER many imp. features are missing in basic variant ..

like the ALLOYS .. FOG LAMPS(well you dont need that if you dont go for vacation @ hillstations) .. MUSIC SYSTEM (the music system of city is AMAZING).. HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE driver seat !!!

and bargain a lot .. request for various accesories .. i stay in n mum but got the car from andheri coz the price was around 50k less in andheri + they gave me some accesories (n mum honda show room was not giving that)

1. Don't push it to 200. Its not recommended.

2. OT is looking for base variant. No Alloys, fog lamps, music system, accessories, height adjustable driver seat, etc in that.

mjumrani said:
1. Don't push it to 200. Its not recommended.

yea driving fast is never recommended .. i love my car :D

i dont drive fast but its my aim to touch 200 on expressway .. just my personal aim :)

i drive my ride smooth

always remember the golden words of Nicolas Cage to his .. everyones beloved shellby gt

.. "im promise .. YOU TAKE CARE OF ME & Ill TAKE CARE OF YOU" :D

honda city base model not available
next model nearly 9.5 and dont want to spend as much
optra has poor mileage
linea vento sx4 have rear space and leg room and comfort issues
so going for manza due to rear leg room and comfort
diesel has a weak engine and isn't as smooth
going for manza safire aura abs bsiv

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

is there any car within 8.5 on road which can compete with manzas rear comfort and not have mileage of an optra. has to be a brand new sedan and am not willing to wait.
hence deciding on manza petrol aura abs

In terms of rear comfort and especially leg room, the only car which is better is Optra. Skoda cars aren't as good either, nor Corolla. It is just a step below Accord. More leg room than Honda City and Civic.

But I am just talking of rear leg room, of course I would any day choose an Optra or Honda City if the price isn't an issue. But Linea, Vento and SX4 and Verna Fluidic have their disadvantages as well compared to Manza and hence even though price isn't an issue here, I am choosing Manza over them.

I can spend up to 8- sub 9L on road including insurance. And I don't really need a Diesel either, a good petrol mileage is enough. But aapart from Optra no other car has as much leg room and Optra has really poor mileage. Hence need to go for Manza.

WHY NOT Vento, Verna Fluidic, Linea, SX4???

BECAUSE None of them compete in terms of rear leg room and comfort and that is crucial in this case. There is a huge difference in this department compared to these cars.

dude .. you are getting A CAR !!! .. think for a while ..

if you can wait for availability of city tehn DO WAIT !!! .. never heard that city's are unavailable !!

if you get city .. im quite sure you will be completely satisfied and wont regret later .. whereas other cars .. you wont feel the same .. CITY is CITY :D

if you will be in the car alone, then you will be sitting diagonally to the driver so you can always push the passenger seat in front and get the legroom you want. I think you should really think about it and not simply go for a manza just cause it offers more leg room. Also check to see if TATA service is good.

1. It will take at least 2 months more for City. Can't wait that long.

2. The price will be increased when it is re-released.

3. It isn't available anywhere in Delhi, isn't it obvious that I have checked with at least 4-5 top shot showrooms and not just one showroom.

4. Even other than leg room, its comfort is second only to the Optra/City and both can't be bought as I explained in the previous posts. Other cars below 10L don't come close in those respects. Even its interior looks are pretty good.

5. Problem with Linea AC.

6. Don't really like SX4 anyway and don't have any positive compared to Manza imo.

7. The only cars I was eyeing were City, Optra, Manza, Linea.

8. Verna has serious space problems.

9. Etios interiors are way worse with no real advantage.

10. Vento again comfort is not in the same league.

So the only choice left is to pay 9.5 for City which isn't possible or go with Optra and get poor mileage which my father isn't agreeing to because he will need to pay for petrol. So the only thing left is Manza.

Didn't know about the AC prob being fixed thing. Maybe.

But acc to reviews and everybody, its comfort and space doesn't compare with Manza. :)

^ AC was replaced for all Petrol Linea and Punto for better cooling. I feel that if you're buying the Linea, you gotta drive it yourself, it's a driver's car.

For a chauffeur driven car, Manza does make an excellent choice at this price range.

Went for a TD

I found the Manza much more spacious and comfortable than the Linea, it was finally just btw these two cars and money wasn't much of a consideration here.

I had to choose btw:

Manza Aqua(base model whatever it is) Saffire Petrol with Leather seats from Stanley and power rear windows added and a few accessories and Music system from Driven worth around 35k, total cost around 660-670k or so, on road.

Linea Dynamic Petrol for 775 or so plus Leather seats for 25k, so around 800k plus 35k for music setup so total around 830-840k.

Although there was a price difference, that wasn't much of a consideration. Also, Linea looks a lot lot lot lot better as we all know.

But Manza was far far more spacious and comfortable, almost like twice or at least 1.5+ times Linea's rear space. And I didn't need a higher model in Manza because I didn't need the rest. I got power rear added and leather seats and a good music setup, and the rest wasn't that important for me. So I didn't need a higher Manza anyway.

Ordered and the car is ready. Just music setup and leather seats etc need to be done.

Hope to get it next week, because of astro etc purposes.

But it is ready and I can take it any time I want :)

Bought from Rama Motors.

Now just have to give them papers and make the payment, that will probably happen within a few days too, sometime around the time of grah pravesh for the car, and of course the loan clearance will be way after that :p

Ya ya. I can take the car any time I want, just waiting for leather seats and stuff.

The loan part will be handled later. 1. It is a guaranteed clearance with my guarantor(s), 2. I have enough backup 3. Rama Motors is owned by a family friend, so they are cool with it :)

Back