wanna buy some decent cans

Hitman said:
The same problem i experience with my gainward 5.1 soundxplosion headphones too when used with onboard audio, but rears become surprizingly loud when used with the supplied sound card(Music2Go).

Didnt get u there :huh:

isnt tht just the volume nd vibration control center (for which u need the sound crap card)

^^Rear Speakers sound very weak, when i connect them to my onboard integrated ac97 soundcard, but they become okay, when i connect them using music2go.Technically this should not happen, but i donno why it does

Hmm, ok...

Now the rears on the Zalman 5.1 are definately weak on my onboard AC97 8 channel audio. Does that mean if I get a Audigy 2 ZS or a X-Fi the sound card will increase the rears ?

^^Yeah that'll help to some extent as normally creative cards produce a louder output compred to onboard cards.You can then tweak your front and rear balances to increase your rear's sound.
Alternatively you can purchase headphone pre-amplifier, Zalmans itself have a preamp ZM-RSA specially designed for its 5.1 headphones.

if u havent bought yet. i think u can get the plantronics audio 90 within 1500rs. they are same design as the dsp500 but are not usb based.

unfortunately the zalman amps dont increase the amplitude beyond what you normally get. All reviews say its sole purpose is to provide a volume knob :/

For me 5.1 headphones were essential as the speakers would make too much noise and disturb everybody at home (especially at night ;) )

Else if its OK, a 5.1 set will always be better...

Guys where can i get a good pair of headphones in BLore, are the Altec Lansing ATP512, is it any good, im not looking for 5.1s , also there is a Sony headphone which retails for around 3k somethin like "sony Hi fi" are they worth 3k? The philips ones you guys keep mentioning is it avaialable in BLore?

daviescool said:
Guys where can i get a good pair of headphones in BLore, are the Altec Lansing ATP512, is it any good, im not looking for 5.1s , also there is a Sony headphone which retails for around 3k somethin like "sony Hi fi" are they worth 3k? The philips ones you guys keep mentioning is it avaialable in BLore?
You should get the philips in bangalore. They are the best phones u can get in india as many ppl have stated here. Sony low end stuff is overpriced and generally is a POS :p.

USB means the headphone connects to a USB port instead of the audio out of a sound card. The headphone has a dsp inside it and does all the processing by itself. Its only useful if u are on crappy onboard audio.

Hmmm whr was this thread :huh:

btw got the Zalmans tday for 1900 ;) :hap5: after soo long nd also gettin the mystique pretty soon :D

but cud sme1 tell me how much diff the headphones rears will make...cuz they r soooooooooo weak.........nd can sme1 who has these zalmans , tell me sme tweaks or stuff to get those rears up for the time being

If u'r rear's are too weak you won't be able to experience the 5.1 effect.
You can do a quick test, if you got GTA SA installed, just stand on a busy road, rotate the camera with mouse, you should clearly be able to listen vehilce sounds shifting from rear to front, left to right.

Back