Warranty status when installing AC from third-party

nitin_g3

Adept
I recently purchased some Daikin AC units and got them installed from my trusted installer.
After a few days I came to know that warranty won't be applicable if I install AC on my own and same is mentioned in T & C on Daikin website.

I then contacted Daikin installation team and asked if anything can be done, he said that by paying 825/- per AC he'll provide me installation receipt.

My question to fellow members is whether I can get away without paying and get full warranty or is there any other way around?

Yes, it is necessary for warranty. After installation, service center notifies to the company that the product with following serial number has been installed successfully. Then only official warranty starts. This happened with me with both Mitsubishi and Godrej ac's. They clicked photos and uploaded before leaving the premises.

Yes, it is necessary for warranty. After installation, service center notifies to the company that the product with following serial number has been installed successfully. Then only official warranty starts. This happened with me with both Mitsubishi and Godrej ac's. They clicked photos and uploaded before leaving the premises.

This has started for everything now. Washing machine, tv, fridge, modular furniture etc. Anything that needs installing properly. The bold text part i highlighted is the main point. It's a sort of fool proof method for company to know their product has been installed properly.

Forgot to mention two things which are also most important nowadays for warranty claim.

First, do not open the product of your own, let the factory seal be opened by the installation guy. In this way you can claim any missing accessories (like copper pipes in ac, table top stand in tv, foot stand in refrigerator, drain or inlet pipe in washing machine etc).

Second, for all equipments with inverter technology, one should always use appropriate stabilizer otherwise pcb failure claim is a big hassle.

Also during warranty period, do not use any aftermarket components specially capacitor in case of ac, otherwise compressor failure cannot be claimed even though it comes with 10 year warranty.

First, do not open the product of your own, let the factory seal be opened by the installation guy. In this way you can claim any missing accessories (like copper pipes in ac, table top stand in tv, foot stand in refrigerator, drain or inlet pipe in washing machine etc).
This won't be possible with open box delivery. I've been buying my appliances online since last 8 years now.

My experience-

This happened with my carrier ac

I lodged a complain with carrier for loud noise , the call center operative asked me if its under warranty I replied Yes, the technicians visited, they asked me the problem I said about the noise they said its normal , so they then asked for bill to whether charge for visit or not but they saw the bill uploaded it and said the warranty has started and left.
received a message from carrier regarding the service completed, this happened last may.
FYI the ac was installed by my local guy.

My experience-

This happened with my carrier ac

I lodged a complain with carrier for loud noise , the call center operative asked me if its under warranty I replied Yes, the technicians visited, they asked me the problem I said about the noise they said its normal
loud noise with Carrier AC is normal?
as it bothered you & thus you made a service request, it must be louder than normal, how loud it was or still making same level noise?
I recently purchased some Daikin AC units and got them installed from my trusted installer.
After a few days I came to know that warranty won't be applicable if I install AC on my own and same is mentioned in T & C on Daikin website.

I then contacted Daikin installation team and asked if anything can be done, he said that by paying 825/- per AC he'll provide me installation receipt.

My question to fellow members is whether I can get away without paying and get full warranty or is there any other way around?
just for reference...

my experience with Onida CRT TV, under warranty (3 + 1 yrs.) and after paying extended warranty (1 or 2 yrs.) they never able to solve the issue in 7 years, every year 2-3 visits was fix and keep replacing different types of parts every time, after warranty period over, I contact local but very experienced person and he solved (7 yrs. old issue) for Rs.500/- only. No, he didn't add or removed any hardware, but just did some soldering.

In my opinion no harm to pay Rs.825/- for warranty of costly ACs but it's depend on how experienced will be their tech person proved in time of need.

Last edited:
In my opinion no harm to pay Rs.825/- for warranty of costly ACs but it's depend on how experienced will be their tech person proved in time of need.
I'm willing to pay not for their expertise but for free expensive parts replacement such as pcb and compressor.

This won't be possible with open box delivery. I've been buying my appliances online since last 8 years now.
I think in case of open box delivery, flipkart has info sharing agreement with brand so they know that product was delivered in physically fine condition before installation is done.

Back