User Guides Watch JioTV on any device with Kodi!

I know some people already might know this, but this video is for those who want to play live TV on their Computer, Android TV, Mi Stick, Firestick or any other android box. As long as your device supports Widevine DRM protection, you can install JioTV as an Addon in Kodi and watch live tv on your device. Here is a tutorial.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Even in the JioTV app, HD channels don't look clear. So it is not just the addon. I tried tivimate app with a playlist that I found. In the limited testing that I did, the channels looked good on my phone, but I think it is due to pixel density rather than channels being played in HD. Anyway, will have to do more digging.

If the Playlist you have is same as what I have, it has jiotv+ section which has full hd channels. Check screenshot..

IMG_2676.jpg

I don't think so. Even in the JioTV app, HD channels don't look clear. So it is not just the addon. I tried tivimate app with a playlist that I found. In the limited testing that I did, the channels looked good on my phone, but I think it is due to pixel density rather than channels being played in HD. Anyway, will have to do more digging.
I tried the Jio tv app on my iPad and at high settings, it looks pretty good and I did try the medium settings which seems more close to the 480p/540p that I see on Kodi addon.

Last edited:
I know some people already might know this, but this video is for those who want to play live TV on their Computer, Android TV, Mi Stick, Firestick or any other android box. As long as your device supports Widevine DRM protection, you can install JioTV as an Addon in Kodi and watch live tv on your device. Here is a tutorial.

I am a big fan of how Vaibhav makes his videos.
So simple and utterly lucid.
I have never subscribed to any channel ever, but starting today i am a subscriber of his channel. [emoji106]
Way to go bud.
And this helped, the kodi video big time, needed something like this
Will do with all fitesticks now.

I am a big fan of how Vaibhav makes his videos.
So simple and utterly lucid.
I have never subscribed to any channel ever, but starting today i am a subscriber of his channel. [emoji106]
Way to go bud.
And this helped, the kodi video big time, needed something like this
Will do with all fitesticks now.
Thank you for your kind words and motivation!
I did this on a Win10 PC. The channels are working when you select them Add On - Joi TV - Genre/languages - Channel, But TV menu and Guide section on Kodi remains empty.
Restart Kodi. It should solve your problem

Last edited:
After thoptv, kodi is the only hope

For me, it is like life coming to a full circle. Back in 2015, I started with Kodi for Live TV and Indian TV shows (I was outside the country then) and was tweaking my kodi setup with skins I liked, would setup everything super nice and even backup the same on laptop in case the firestick went bad or may be even if I upgraded the firestick and wanted exact same installation.
I even made lots of attempts to make access stuff simpler for my wife who is not so technically inclined.

Then came ease of access with various APKs and now with those gone (at least for indian content), I am back to square one and using Kodi again.

exaclty where are you getting the jio tv+, for me on clicking on jio tv icone it just shows three option(featured,language,genre). did you follow the guide exactly or make any changes that could have lead to this different result

exaclty where are you getting the jio tv+, for me on clicking on jio tv icone it just shows three option(featured,language,genre). did you follow the guide exactly or make any changes that could have lead to this different result
If you are referring to @raksrules screenshot, He is using a different app called Tivimate

Back