Wat's Ur Educational Qualification?

The money ihitially may not be comparable to an SE, but the doctors do command a lot of respect from the general public which a SE can never dream of. Best of all, becoming their "own boss" is easier for them, than the engineers. innit?

DCEite said:
The money ihitially may not be comparable to an SE, but the doctors do command a lot of respect from the general public which a SE can never dream of. Best of all, becoming their "own boss" is easier for them, than the engineers. innit?

Not to hijack this thread but...

If you want respect, do an MBA and become an Area Manager in FMCG. :D :D Max hierarchy, respect n all that jazz. Not from the "general public", but who's looking. :p

As I said boy, the grass is always greener... :) Let it be. I don't believe in "general public" respect, :), simply cuz at the end of the day you are livin' your life and it's a living not some noble sacrifice for the greater good. :) And am sure, as a SE you are working towards the greater good somewhere..somehow. :D

Payne

PS: Am not an SE, I dint take up that line. :)

Chaos said:
Go ask my mom how much I hated studying... especially cramming things up. Research has nothing to do with studying :p and anyway my question still remains... whats the use of this thread :p.
Iguess that's the way brilliant people talk...all my friends who were in the iit's used to talk that way...:p :p

Originally Posted by DCEite

I am a BE in Comp Sc., but now i repent not going for MBBS instead.

The doctors have such an easy life. They learn all their fundas during the MBBS,MD and apply these theories for the rest of their lives. Whereas a Software Engineer has to constantly learn new things because of the changing technologies and scenarios. Also, doctors can open clinics in their own home and also, they work in more than one hospital (which is not possible with SEs as working in more than one org is not possible). I know of a doctor who works mon, tue at clinic 1, wed works from home, thurs, fri at an hospital 1, and saturday at hospital 2!!!

Dude, your are the only engineer I know who wants to be doctor for a better life. Hahahaha. How old is this doctor you speak about? No med-grad gets to earn or live the way an engineer does till at least 5-6 years later. Sure, doctors earn more and get to be all jazzy but that's only after wayyy late in life. No med-student I know is going to be done with their education before they are 29-30yrs old. At least, and doctors keep piling on degrees too...how do you think they get all those fancy acronyms beside their names?

Dude. Trust me. I know a lot of med-students and everyone envies the life of an engineer. Especially an engg+MBA.

The grass is always greener on the side, boy. Innit?

Payne

YOu both are correct in their owb way
Both Profession in my opinion are cool the one you like working in is better

About time factor its is more in MED but not that much I and many like me completed MBBS at 22 years and was earning 20k/month very next day( that was for just 6hr day) then within 6 months I was in UK and My first pay in UK was 3200 Pounds/month (nearly 300k in Rs) while few of my Classmates In US are geting 5500 Dollar/month

So it goes different for differnt people , the main thing in my opinion is whether you enjoy your work or not thisis what matter s at the end of the day .

And you are right that GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHERS SIDE ALWAYS :))

Jatinder Singh

drkhalsa said:
So it goes different for differnt people , the main thing in my opinion is whether you enjoy your work or not thisis what matter s at the end of the day .

I agree wholeheartedly on that. Satisfaction is the key. One should enjoy what he is doing. I remember one of my cousin, who despite being a BE from BITS, chose teaching as a career, even though the money in it was way lower than what an IT career would offer. But, he had the passion for teaching, and he enjoys doing it. So long as its inner satisfaction, who cares about money. :)

drkhalsa said:
Jatinder Singh

:) Ah, the quest for the ever elusive job satisfaction. :D The only thing I can say from the people I know is, that the guys/gals who became doctors are the ones who really wanted, but the %age of ppl who became engineers never really wanted to become engineers in the first place. I guess, medical school is wayy more serious than engineering. :p And am mortally scared of those fat books with hideous pictures. You guys are well equipped to handle any horror movie out there. :D

Payne

PS: In reply to Ank1t's post, yes everyone ought to mention which college/school they are graduating/ed from. Who knows, we might find alumni or even batchmates lurking around here. :eek:hyeah:

PPS: Me, B.E from CBIT,Hyd and PGDM from IIM,Indore. :)
PPPS: All the best to all the CAT takers. :eek:hyeah:

d_payne said:
PS: In reply to Ank1t's post, yes everyone ought to mention which college/school they are graduating/ed from. Who knows, we might find alumni or even batchmates lurking around here. :eek:hyeah:
Exactly my point :)

Back