Video WDTV Killer is here!

nfsfan

Adept
I've been contemplating on buying a WDTV or making a HTPC but WDTV is here now.

Was just browsing through avsforums, and found this. I'm gonna get one for sure now!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1155845

XTREAMER HD Media Player - Cheap & Powerful - Page 2 - AVForums.com

Official site :

Xtreamer Media Streamer

The Xtreamer therefore performs several unique advantages over competing media streamers :

(1) unlike the WDTV - the Xtreamer has both wired/wireless lan connectivity at 802.11n standard.

(2) unlike NMT - the wireless USB Antenna is to be at 802.11n - much stronger and stable signal than any USB dongle in the market. (patent pending) .

(3) Unlike the WDTV - it can work as an external HDD 2.5" enclosure. (not a must have but nice to have)

(4) Unlike the Asus O|Play the xtreamer use more advanced chipset. the Asus use Realtek 1073 and Xtreamer is based on the more advanced 128X ( the X stands for specially designed chipset made for this project only - from the 1283 series). please note an important enhancment to our realtek based unit : its supports NTFS read\write as well as SMB. your unit will be able to be accessible from your PC and files would be able to be copied\downloaded\streamed with no problem via your wire\wireless USB and your USB the device supports 2 USB extentions that alows it to connect to 2 extrenal USB HDD + the additional one inside (as an option).

(5) Unlike the WDTV or Asus the xtreamer supports 23 languages including full 100% OSD, GUI and Subtitles for each.

(6) The Xtreamer has an incorporated full NAS capability based on its UPnP abiity. a user can access and stream all his media library even from the internet by simply designating his unit a friendly name ( Yourname.xtreamer.net) . the integrated DDNS and NAS are both free and installed from factor .

(7) the Xtreamer comes with full NTFS SMB and FTP full read/write capability

(8) special effort was done in utilizing the xtreamer to support 1080p and MKV. Thus our labs tests shows more than 95% competability to MKV files

(9) our staff was collecting data for month in various warez blogs and platforms so as to enable greater competability to as many file formats and codecs as possible ([*websites removed*]) we dont recomend nor we will support by anyway downloading illegal media or protected intelectual property content of any kind.

(10) the Xtreamer is bundled with YAMJ like software that was designed to be easier for "regular" user while retain support for both media search and an automatic movie info file generation from various platforms

(11) the Xtreamer is supporting DTS audio and has acquired all licenses from Sisvel , DTS, Dolby labs and Divx)

(12) the Xtreamer supports an Auto WIFI Scan and an Auto UPnP detection from factor.

(13) The xtreamer is designed mainly for Windows PC vista and XP users and linux users (mac support is scheduled for Q3 2009)

Source: http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6"

Just tried to order it(a dummy order), and it was 100 euros. 20 euros for shipping, and it was 20 euros irrespective of number of pieces. Maybe we can buy it wisely!:clap::clap:

Not available in India, only online. I think we should arrange a group order. That way it should b cheaper.That is because there is 20 euros of shipping, whether one piece, or hundred!

EDIT: if 802.11n is there, who needs BT? ( although contrary to this, BT in a low power device makes more sense). But any small device can not compete with utorrent!

m0h1t said:
arey tubelight! I'm talking about Bittorrent :lol:

arrey bulb!
i know BT= Bit Torrent.

Downloading to a PC is easier than to a device IMHO. and 802.11n means u can have wireless connectivity, without buffer lags...

That is what i said to the contrary..low power device helps in downloading..

zenflox said:
You guys seem to have overlooked this as well :
A.C.Ryan | PlayOn!HD - Full HD Network Mediaplayer.
Coming out with loads of feature. Although it's a bit on the high side.

xtreamer has dts downmix to stereo which play on doesnt have. Important for guys like me who currently dont have a DTS receiver.

I think u guys would have noticed it by right now, but here are the supported codecs :

Connectivity

* WIFI
* UPnP SSDP
* UPnP AV
* NTFS
* LAN

Web services

o Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more
o Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo
o Photo : Picasaweb
o RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more
o

+
Media files supported

* Video containers:
o MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)
o MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)
o MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)
o VOB
o AVI, ASF, WMV
o Matroska (MKV)
o AVC HD
o MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
o FLV- Flash Video
* Video codecs:
o XVID SD/HD
o MPEG-1
o MPEG-2
+ MP@HL
o MPEG-4.2
+ ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC
o WMV9
+ MP@HL
o H.264
+ BP@L3
+ MP@L4.0
+ HP@L4.0
+ HP@L4.1
o VC-1
+ MP@HL
+ AP@L3
* Audio containers:
o AAC, M4A
o MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)
o WAV
o WMA
o FLAC
o OGG
o

* Audio codecs:
o Dolby Digital
o DTS (DownMix supported)
o WMA, WMA Pro
o AAC
o MP1, MP2, MP3
o LPCM
o FLAC
o Vorbis
* Audio pass through : DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus
* Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, HD JPEG
* Other formats: ISO, IFO, FLV, RM, RA, RAM
* Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA, IDX
* Streaming formats : RTSP, FLV

Chipset

* Realtek 128X (Special Edition)

Memory

* 256MB DDR SDRAM, 32MB Flash

Audio/Video outputs

* HDMI v1.3a (up to 1080p)
* Composite Video
* Stereo Analog Audio
* S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio

Interface

* 1x USB 2.0 slave
* 2x USB 2.0 host
* Internal SATA

Network

* Ethernet 10/100
* WIFI USB Antenna 802.11n (optional)

Power

* 12V DC, 3A

Dimension

* Width 10.5"(180mm) x Depth 1.25" (32mm) x Height 2.25" (82mm)
* Weight
* 2.2 lbs (1Kg)

Package Content

* Xtreamer (HDD not included)
* 100~240V Power Adapter
* 1.5M length HDMI cable (optional)
* WiFi 802.11n USB Antenna (optional)
* Audio & Video Cables
* Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries
* USB Slave cable
* Quick start guide

Dolby Digital: "Dolby" and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories.

Source :XTreamer Support System :: What are the technical specifications of the Xtreamer?

someone please organise a GO!

Since my dad is not here right now, so i cant clear my doubts on this. So asking an off-topic question :

1. What are the extra charges in paypal?

2. extra charges in credit card( transaction in different currencies) ?

Dont have a CC myself, so will someone clear my doubts here?

Also :

There are the customs as well!!

what is the import duty for elctronic items in india?

nfsfan said:
There are the customs as well!!

what is the import duty for elctronic items in india?

I dunno the exact rate, but a friend bought a popcorn hour ~6-8months ago..

he had to pay ~2k duty/Shipping by DHL

If you order before July 1st they are giving the WiFi adapter for free. :)

Btw did you guys find any reviews of this product?

varkey said:
If you order before July 1st they are giving the WiFi adapter for free. :)

Btw did you guys find any reviews of this product?

I tried ordering it, and increased the number of wifi antennas as well. I tried 3 antennas and still they were free :). One basically needs 2 antennas for creating a VPN as mentioned in their site!

No reviews yet. Read on avsforum/avforums that the xtreamer for review was sent to a site( forgot the name). And those peeps have taken a sabbatical until July. So they say review will be out only by the end of first week of july.

Although the specs look really nice, i suggest let some reviews start floating on the net and then buy.

Btw, any place i can see the pics of the product (not gui screen, actual product)

Back