Video WDTV Killer is here!

greenlobster said:
This baby doesn't have a Analog Video Out.. Does it ?

If its not there, then that's the deal breaker for me since I still love my 100 Hz Philips CRT (which does't have a HDMI Input).

BTW, those who don't have a wireless N router, get another Antenna along with the package (1 comes free in the package currently as a promotion)

Qouting from their wireless page - "If you don’t have a 802.11n router, don’t worry. Get two antennas, place one at your PC and the other at the streamer back USB port and create yourself a dedicated wireless network to ensure smooth un-interrupted streams of content."

I know its a HD content streamer but I wish it had a composite or component out.

has composite :)
Specs

I would be interested if there's a GO for this product and if offered at a reasonable price. I think KMD would be the right guy to talk to.

This device is really starting to prove its worth.

zenflox said:
I would be interested if there's a GO for this product and if offered at a reasonable price. I think KMD would be the right guy to talk to.
This device is really starting to prove its worth.

Sorry but who is KMD ?

zenflox said:
^^He's a dealer who can get anything from US.

Thnx..I have PMed him. Lets see how much he qoutes..But what abt the warranty and other stuff if we get it thru this route ? BTW hv you recvd your qoute ? PM me if you can.

If we can save some serious monies thru this mode, I am up for it.

Guys, I read about this and came to know the site is a UK site and the whole thing is based in Netherlands, so if you get it via KMD, you'll be incuring more costs, since it will go from Netherlands to US and then from US to India via KMD or if KMD is smart enough and just gets it from the site directly to India.

Anyways, lets see how it all turns out :)

Guys, got a PM from KMD.
$139.15 + $28.11 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 167.26
Shipping weight = 3lbs

His quotation for a single unit is Rs.10,800 + local shipping (once it reaches).
He has specifically told me that me also that if more people place an order prices can be lowered but didn't specify how much.
Now, all we need is to turn this into an official GO and get as many buyers as possible before the remaining 300 units are all sold out and we'd have to wait for the 3rd batch to ship which will start in September.
Pls keep in mind that, on Xtreamer's site it's mentioned that the shipping for the 2nd batch of units will start from August 1st.

zenflox said:
Guys, got a PM from KMD.

His quotation for a single unit is Rs.10,800 + local shipping (once it reaches).

He has specifically told me that me also that if more people place an order prices can be lowered but didn't specify how much.

Now, all we need is to turn this into an official GO and get as many buyers as possible before the remaining 300 units are all sold out and we'd have to wait for the 3rd batch to ship which will start in September.

Pls keep in mind that, on Xtreamer's site it's mentioned that the shipping for the 2nd batch of units will start from August 1st.

Be careful of marketing tricks. No business would like to have a situation where the demand is more than the supply unless the demand is so high that the manufacturer actually cant keep pace with the demand. An example is Wii. Though this product doesnt seem to have an appeal that would attact so much attention by a lot of people. Yes, it can be that manufacturer has underestimated the demand and hence is facing difficulties.

From the beta review it looks like the device still needs to iron out a lot of issues and HD video over wifi is still not as good.

^^For your reference buddy pls check avs forums where people who were part of the first 300 batch got their units shipped and delivered as advertised by the company. Moreover, for a product that just launched it seems to have out-done the WDTV, that too, in its first few weeks of infancy. Though i agree the wi-fi streaming has problems, the company has clearly stated that a firmware update is expected before the end of this week which will address this issue.

Back