Video WDTV Killer is here!

^^ With all these stuff coming, i think i will drop the idea of building an HTPC, better get one of these for sub 10k and get a better HD TV instead with the money saved

BTW can you provide any link for the same ???

^^ CinemaCube is just 720p max :(

So it will mean a lot of confusion on what to buy and also where to since, these players would takes ages to come to India and when they come, there will be something else in US :(

raksrules said:
^^ CinemaCube is just 720p max :(

So it will mean a lot of confusion on what to buy and also where to since, these players would takes ages to come to India and when they come, there will be something else in US :(

Here's adding more to the confusion..:clap::clap::D

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1160835

Don't even think of buying something officially available in India..you will be atleast a year behind rest of them.

BTW Egreat and AC ryan looks like some real contenders..And yes.. there's the PCH C-200 coming up very soon..

I feel I should i keep my money where it is..in my pocket.

But i would be in a great dilemma when i want to get one of these. Although KMD is there to get the US stuff. But what to buy would be the real tough part. Lets see when the time comes, will have to do extensive R&D before jumping the media player bandwagon.

kaps2010 said:
yeah Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully the DHL ppl will contact me before paying so i will know that I got my player.:eek:hyeah:

I was planning to buy WD TV when it came out but then I decided against it.

Now this time I was in a dilemma which NMT to buy.

I had Myka,AC Ryan HD ON,PopCorn Hour and Mvix Ultio.

But then i decided to buy Xtreamer which i think is not a bad unit for the price which i m getting.

Personally if i had knew that KMD would help me buy this unit I would have shipped from him but now it is ok.

The main requirement for me was the net capabilities so that i stream my movie from my computer to my room.:eek:hyeah:

@kaps2010,

Has your xtreamer arrived? or is it in the second batch?

Found reviews of both xtreamer and Asus O!play...its in dutch though

http://tweakers.net/reviews/1330/1/de-xtreamer-mediaspeler-op-de-testbank-pagina-1.html

http://tweakers.net/reviews/1313/5/asus-o!play-onder-de-loep-genomen-pagina-1.html

Xtreamer seems better in every aspect except for the fan, and the lan.

^^ Need a review when you receive it

One question i have with these media players is that they have LAN connection available and we can stream youtube videos or view pics on picasa etc. So is it actually possible to surf the whole web using these players. This may be a total noobie question :ashamed:

raksrules said:
^^ Need a review when you receive it

One question i have with these media players is that they have LAN connection available and we can stream youtube videos or view pics on picasa etc. So is it actually possible to surf the whole web using these players. This may be a total noobie question :ashamed:

EDIT:

Actually They have a added a lot of channels which u can use to stream with internet:

MTV - NBA - CNN - CNET - ZDNET - GAMES - ABC TV - FOX - BBC - CARS - HULU - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC - DISCOVERY - CARTOONS - ANIME - fashionTV - HISTORY CHANNEL - cranky geeks - Bloomberg TV - ESPN - Last.FM - Playboy - Apple Trailers - Reuters - France 24 - french - France 24 - English - Science TV - ZDF - OK54 Mediathek - arte - Israel News 2 - New Scientist - Sky News - ITN News - AP News - ABS - RT - English Cartoon Network Nickelodeon hannel - engadget - Ubergizmo - Top Gear - Animal Planet - Lonely Planet - Barcelona FC - Real Madrid FC - HBO - Reshet TV - Panorama NL - Antena3 - RAI TV - Extreme TV and finally X-Treme Video

The new firmware of xtreamer will be out only in the 2nd week of August only then DTS Downmix will be possible !

uefa_007 said:
EDIT:

Actually They have a added a lot of channels which u can use to stream with internet:

MTV - NBA - CNN - CNET - ZDNET - GAMES - ABC TV - FOX - BBC - CARS - HULU - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC - DISCOVERY - CARTOONS - ANIME - fashionTV - HISTORY CHANNEL - cranky geeks - Bloomberg TV - ESPN - Last.FM - Playboy - Apple Trailers - Reuters - France 24 - french - France 24 - English - Science TV - ZDF - OK54 Mediathek - arte - Israel News 2 - New Scientist - Sky News - ITN News - AP News - ABS - RT - English Cartoon Network Nickelodeon hannel - engadget - Ubergizmo - Top Gear - Animal Planet - Lonely Planet - Barcelona FC - Real Madrid FC - HBO - Reshet TV - Panorama NL - Antena3 - RAI TV - Extreme TV and finally X-Treme Video

The new firmware of xtreamer will be out only in the 2nd week of August only then DTS Downmix will be possible !

Here in India we dont even have a good enough broadband connection to view the streaming channels :mad:

And Airtel' new plans : Watch these channels at mind boggling speed for upto 100 Gb and then watch the buffereing :S

My unit will be coming in the first or second week of august.:hap2:
As I one of the few people who ordered it on the second batch.:clap:

kaps2010 said:
My unit will be coming in the first or second week of august.:hap2:
As I one of the few people who ordered it on the second batch.:clap:

Let us know how the fan behaves..They promised changing the fan for the 2nd batch..for better or worse, only the 2nd batch adopters can tell..

1st batch users...might not be so lucky..But that's the disadvantage of being early adopters..

zanderzone said:
Anybody got the delivery yet ?

Hey I had ordered but still it is giving me the following thing.
This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment.

So as such I have no idea when Mine will be shipped hoping it will be soon.
:bleh:

Back