Video WDTV Killer is here!

^^ You had ordered na ?

What is it showing ?

Is it that they have received overwhelming response and that is causing delays ??

Oh i just clicked on the link and it is TAOBAO...thanks a million man. This makes my work damn eazy :p

BTW Just for people who intend to order from here (though i think they dont deliver outside China), taobao is like ebay of china and it has many many fakes. Only experienced people should buy and moreover i suppose no one here will be able to order as you CANNOT pay using paypal or anything. They have their custom payment system called alipay which has to be linked with your chinese bank account. I have a local bank account but still i am refraining from buying from this place.

But this is one damn place where every chinese swears about, the deals here are simply drool-worthy

my order number is 1649 and its still awaiting shipment. i have lost hopes of ever getting anyhting form that f@#$ked up site :|

^^ If payment was made using paypal..raise a dispute...can we do this in this circumstances ?

BTW how much did u pay for this thing (in approx INR) ?

Hi guys,

Anyone here actually got any NMT other than WDTV?

BTW, What's your opinion on ACRyan Playon!HD?

It costs around $169 (without USB WiFi adapter, costs extra $39) has Realtek chip with almost all the features similar to Xtreamer.

I am intending to get this through my brother(in USA). I would love to hear your suggestions and advice on this.

looks like my cursing xtreamer worked :p

Order #1649

Order Date: 30th Jun 2009

Recipient: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This order is marked as Shipped

You chose to ship this order with Flat Rate Per Order

The tracking number for this order is DHL xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your Order Contains the Following Items:

2 x Xtreamer

2 x WIFI USB Antenna

^^ How much did you pay in INR for this ?

Also if someone buys at a later date then i suppose the offer of wifi antenna is not there, then how much additional is supposed to be paid for that ?

And yes please do a comprehensive review when you get that baby :p

cost 220 euros, 458SGD incl credit card charges. paid in SGD :p

458 Singapore dollars = 15 429.6399 Indian rupees

so one would cost ~7750INR

Extra antenna was 20euros more.

raksrules said:
Also if someone buys at a later date then i suppose the offer of wifi antenna is not there, then how much additional is supposed to be paid for that ?

The Wi-fi antenna is free on the site until notified.:hap2:

mebaali said:
Hi guys,

Anyone here actually got any NMT other than WDTV?

BTW, What's your opinion on ACRyan Playon!HD?

It costs around $169 (without USB WiFi adapter, costs extra $39) has Realtek chip with almost all the features similar to Xtreamer.

I am intending to get this through my brother(in USA). I would love to hear your suggestions and advice on this.

I am in the same boat..Very much inclined towards the AC ryan..Got component out for my old Philips 100 Hz CRT. Also AC ryan looks far more professional and prompt with their shipments if you go thru their site and other forums. But the price - full 2000 INR > than Xtreamer.

^ thanks for the info. Sent them mail, waiting for reply

Sent them following mail

Hi!

I wanna purchase it.

1) Does it come with free USB WiFi Antenna?

2) How much is the warranty?

3) How much for shipped to New Delhi inclusive of all taxes?

Got reply in 5 minutes, wow !

Dear Mr. xXXXXX

Thanks for your inquiry.

Xtreamer is being sold in India by Xtreamer India, a unit of M/s. N.V. Trading, New Delhi. The price of a single unit is Rs.9,990/- inclusive of shipping charges. Shipping is done by Blue Dart Courier.

USB WiFi adapter comes free with Xtreamer for a limited period and limited quantity on first come first serve basis.

The product is in heavy demand and quantity despatched by our overseas principle to each country is less.

Deliveries will start from end of next week.

Please be informed that it will be an original and genuine Xtreamer product that comes with bill and warranty (warranty terms as mentioned at xtreamer.net)

If you want to buy it, you will need to deposit cash/cheque in our bank account or send us a cheque/DD.

Regards,

XXXXXX

Xtreamer India

Sent a mail again

Hello XXXXX

Thanks for your reply.

Xtremer is sold online for 120 euro (inclusive of shipping) that translates to Rs 8300 (approx), however, I'm ready to pay premium if you can assure faster delivery of product. As a matter of fact, many people (atleast 20-30 that I know) want to order it but resisting themselves because of bad taste that xtreamer has left in some people's mouth because of extremely delayed shipping.

Can you have a look here : http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/wdtv-killer-is-here-139561-8.html ??

Brgds

XXXXXX

Let's see what they have to tell about delivery assurance.

^^That's great indeed. 10k is ok considering the delays others are facing :)

Might go for it if they turn out to be legitimate resellers.

Sorry for being a Noob but what great features does this have that makes it a must buy device ?

Also NMT (i think) i read at few places...whats that ???

Is it something related to network play then i have a question. Suppose i have a PC with HDD full of HD stuff but the PC itself is incapable of playing that HD stuff (because of old config) would i still be able to stream movies etc and play on a connected TV ?

Also what is 1.3a when it comes to HDMI (is it like USB 2.0 and USB1.1), i mean what was there before this and what is great about 1.3a ?

zenflox said:
^^That's great indeed. 10k is ok considering the delays others are facing :)

Might go for it if they turn out to be legitimate resellers.

Still waiting for their answer. Their last reply came in 5 minutes. [strike]I don't think reply to this once is even coming :S[/strike]

raksrules said:
Sorry for being a Noob but what great features does this have that makes it a must buy device ?

Also NMT (i think) i read at few places...whats that ???

Is it something related to network play then i have a question. Suppose i have a PC with HDD full of HD stuff but the PC itself is incapable of playing that HD stuff (because of old config) would i still be able to stream movies etc and play on a connected TV ?

NMT is another HD media player by and xtreamer boast their superiority here : Xtreamer vs. NMT

only if they're able to back it up with realistic delivery of product and warranty. Yes, you'll be able to stream from your old age PC and play fine on any of the media player

P.S...got their reply..

Dear Mr. XXXXXX

Thanks for your mail and inputs.

About the pricing, while considering the premium, please add custom duty also which, as a company, we need to pay for legally bringing this product to India. We believe even if you buy it online you will need to pay custom duty.

Xtreamer India can assure you that the products will be delivered within 1st week of September for the confirmed orders received upto 25th August, 2009.

Hope you got your answers.

Regards,

XXXXXX

Xtreamer India

Seems assuring and not a canned one. What do you think guys ?

^^ thanks for clarification

One more thing...i suppose this thing supports HDD also...what is the maximum HDD size. couldnt find this info on their website.

^ yes it does. Internal hard drive is limited to 2.5" and 500gb.

I'm gonna order this from them. Waiting for their bank details.

You can also mail them and get the bank details

^^ If there indeed are 20-30 of us who want to get the xtreamer, maybe we can start a GO among ourselves and then email the indian resellers and ask them for a deal. You guys think that would be worth the effort?

Back