Video WDTV Killer is here!

Just checked the website: XTREMR Home
There is a count down for 2.5 days. Is that the time for the launch of this product?

Also, I am assuming that we would get this in funan (singapore) by next weekend? Plan to get this...lemme know guys

raksrules said:
^^ So i can get it in Shanghai also i suppose

Na..have goon through their site extensively now...They say that their business model is online selling only. This is to keep the prices of the product down.

No Distributors are involved as such.

people here create mindless threads

not talking abt this particular thread but i have seen many here talking blah blah...

only discuss things sitting in front of this idiot dabba doing nothing and typing uselessly

i have also become one ever since i joined TE :p

MohitPreet said:
people here create mindless threads
not talking abt this particular thread but i have seen many here talking blah blah...
Ignoring Preet's comments and coming back to the topic:bleh:

Do u get international warranty?

vercetti said:
Ignoring Preet's comments and coming back to the topic:bleh:

Do u get international warranty?

Yes. 2 years international warranty.

babhishek said:
Ok I have ppl in the US now - if anyone is seriously interested - we might get a few units in

This thing directly ships from The Netherlands. So being in USA or India doesnt make a difference now.

Just the customs applied would make the difference. Even peeps on avsforum were discussing customs. Would somebody explain Indian customs over here? KMD where are you?

Guys - A n00b question.

The big pro of this box is the wireless connectivity. So the PC has to be on while it is transmitting the movie to this box right? Or does this has some built in storage and we just use this for copying media via wireless.

Kneo said:
Guys - A n00b question.

The big pro of this box is the wireless connectivity. So the PC has to be on while it is transmitting the movie to this box right? Or does this has some built in storage and we just use this for copying media via wireless.

Can be both.

Insert a 2.5" drive, as in a laptop drive and u can copy stuff as well. Or directly stream from the PC!

i suppose,it has the basic USB 2.0 Port for pendrives,external HDD etc!
btw, looking into the product, i myself is also very interested, would eagerly look forward for a GO!

Having read the advantages, it does not look like a WDTV killer but a slightly better player (subject to final reviews) on paper. The idea of a player like this is to get the PC out of the equation (at least for me). So once I copy all my media on to a USB HDD, I can easily view the same on my TV.

I'm not a WDTV fanboy but having used it, I know that it's firmware upgrade of 1.02 fixes a lot of support issues and now it plays a lot of files. I am not sure about the DTS part though and that may be a distinct advantage over WDTV as it can support only 5.1 as of now.

The best part of WDTV is how all things come together in a slick page. The user interface is really professional (= smooth) without any lag, etc. The only practical thing that it lacks according to me is the ability to jump to a location within a movie file or have 10%,20% jumps like some other players.

Hopefully by 15 july we can get the review of the Xtreamer and if it is good then I am ready for a GO.
It would save me the hassle to order it myself and do the custom dutie thing.
Right now i m quite tempted to buy that thing because of the 20euro free wireless dongle.
I am also having an eye for the AC ryan hd on.
which looks interesting only the GUI should be good.
Both have nearly the same features right now it is the question of which offer a better deal and better GUI.
As i want this product to be used by everyone in my family not just me.http://www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/happy14.gif

I am also impressed by the AC ryan, but its just that it is much expensive. Also my cousin is in UK, so I can order and let him come with the set. I suppose ghe can get upto 3 sets, as for products upto 25k there are no customs when purchased abroad and bringing to India with luggage. He has no plan for visiting now ATM. But that would surely save the customs which according to adder will be something, but exactly what nobody knows!

http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/need-help-import-duties-india-uk-139753.html

If the customs are upto 10%, it is bearable. else it becomes expensive. I also asked the TE dealers, whether anyone would be interested in selling this, but barring Amarbir Ji, who has refused, nobody has replied.

Here is the info if someone wants to resell :
XTreamer Support System :: How can i become an Xtreamer Partner ?

This baby doesn't have a Analog Video Out.. Does it ?

If its not there, then that's the deal breaker for me since I still love my 100 Hz Philips CRT (which does't have a HDMI Input).

BTW, those who don't have a wireless N router, get another Antenna along with the package (1 comes free in the package currently as a promotion)

Qouting from their wireless page - "If you don’t have a 802.11n router, don’t worry. Get two antennas, place one at your PC and the other at the streamer back USB port and create yourself a dedicated wireless network to ensure smooth un-interrupted streams of content."

I know its a HD content streamer but I wish it had a composite or component out.

Back