Weight gaining diet.

no no .. i said something smart and edited it saying " never mind "... i am in teh same boat :p.... weirdly my gym did not give me bench press and stuff.. it comes in another 3 months i guess

@l33t_5n1p3r_max - are you trying to look like this guy ?

1/4rth of him would be nice. :)

weirdly my gym did not give me bench press and stuff.

You go to one of the hi-fi contract walla gyms? Those guys will obviously make a bakree out of you and prolong it as much as they can. Be like me and join a nukkad walla 400 bucks per month gym. Where instructor manoj gives out pearls of wisdom like - "Don't drink water in gym" and "eat 8 eggs a day" :D

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Kay, just back from my second gym outing (with creatine).. the results are pretty good. Fatigue is no longer a problem until late into the 3rd set.

Normal ppl have to wait atleast 1 - 2 week for creatine effects to start and you say you got it yesterday n started showing results in one day. Wierd :huh:

Maybe its my mind playing tricks on me : ). But I definitely do not feel fatigued. Placebo-shlacebo effect it is methinks. Something like -"I've taken this and it says on the box that it reduces fatigue, so I do not feel fatigued".

yep me hi fi gym... good instructors .... exercises are well listed to start off full body and then go to upper body and lower body alternate days and water drinking in gym is a good thing

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Yee, 29 inch is why I got into this :)

Finally, someone like me.Even I had a 29" waist, but it seems to have increased to 30" after 8 months of gyming.Although I still look extremely thin, my stamina and strength is outstanding for someone my size (Im not trying to boast).Although I have stopped gyming for the past 3-4 months now due to college and my animation assignments (no time).Im gonna continue after my exams are done.

I think I gained about 4 kilo's while training and my diet of Protein X and a 2 egg omlet after the workout session which lasts for about 2 hours.But I think I have lost weight again due to total inactivity.

Proteinx has too little protein in it :(. Most major whey protein supplements carry that same amount of protein in 1 serving that protinex has in 100gms.

I am seriously looking into the eggs though. Think ill go out and buy some right now.

^^ lol :lol: same here man.. and ppl are saying they're loosing weight due to inactivity!! I toh am gaining weight, in all the wrong places though... :p

get a job....i gained 10kg in 4 months since i started mine :p

Now too lazy to exercise and get my tummy back into shape.

Seriously guys, be honest...how many of you really work out everyday? :ashamed: I hardly get any exercise, cos i'm always sitting in front of a puter..be it at home or office...my only dose of exercise is the everyday tussle in local trains..have to keep standing for more than an hour evn in 1st class during the office going rush hours...so thts like 2 hours everyday...(i do come home too..:p )... Apart from tht, no exercise...:no: N i'm still like 58 kgs @ 5.10 feet. :(

Private Ryan said:
Seriously guys, be honest...how many of you really work out everyday? :ashamed: I hardly get any exercise, cos i'm always sitting in front of a puter..be it at home or office...my only dose of exercise is the everyday tussle in local trains..have to keep standing for more than an hour evn in 1st class during the office going rush hours...so thts like 2 hours everyday...(i do come home too..:p )... Apart from tht, no exercise...:no: N i'm still like 58 kgs @ 5.10 feet. :(

You don't realize how lucky you are:bleh:

I would do ANYTHING to put on weight like that.But I just can't.DAMN MY STUPID METABOLISM, STUPID DEFECTED CRAP!!!! CAN'T EVEN RMA IT!!!!!:mad: :(

I was soo much lazy before, joined doz of gyms and then left it within a month becoz of laziness and de-motivation

but my friends motivated me a lot about building a good physic, and i started my work out from March of this year, for 1 month I felt the same laziness and weakness, but then when my muscles started to appear and i was shocked to see the change in my posture, it MOTIVATED me a LOT, now i cant sleep at nights when I miss a single day at the gym thinking I would have made something more today by working out. I am dead serious about my physic now, never ever skip a day, i weight in 69-70kgs @ 5.11feet 32 waist :p. Just thinking, i would have started working out a long time back.

Trust me take body building real serious for a month (2 hrs a day in enuf) and see the change in your body, you will see muscles pooping out from all sides, and trust me its a great feeling to see this muscles pumping when working out. once you see the cuts and shape in our body, you will become more serious about body building and will think "body building wasnt a bad idea after all",

When I started around 3 years back, I could only follow it for around 4 months, then board exams made my life miserable (Study beta, don't you want to get into IIT??:bleh: ).But during those 4 months, all I could do was think about body building.I reached a comfortable 62 kgs from around 55. (Me around 5"8-5"9).

Not that much into bodybuilding now as I had a severe back injury around 2 years back, but when I was, I did pick a few things-

1. Do not concentrate too much on a single source of protein, such as only eggs.. That can have quite a detrimental effect later on your health...Not good :no:

2. The right way to go is to start with lesser no of reps and try to increase with each subsequent set. This will help in "ripping" of muscle fibres. Then they grow bigger and stronger.. :hap2:

3. Cover a portion of the body every alternate day... I've read that giving a day's rest helps in increasing muscle development.

4. If you like fast food, then keep aside a day of the week to eat whatever you want to....

but my friends motivated me a lot about building a good physic, and i started my work out from March of this year, for 1 month I felt the same laziness and weakness, but then when my muscles started to appear and i was shocked to see the change in my posture, it MOTIVATED me a LOT, now i cant sleep at nights when I miss a single day at the gym thinking I would have made something more today by working out.

Last but not least, don't give up after some time when the temptation to give up is the strongest. This is the time when most people give up. So hang in there, you look really motivated and I'm sure you'll have chicks drooling at your physique in no time... :p

PS: Hope I've not repeated anyone's tips... :)

Private Ryan said:
Seriously guys, be honest...how many of you really work out everyday? :ashamed: I hardly get any exercise, cos i'm always sitting in front of a puter..be it at home or office.. N i'm still like 58 kgs @ 5.10 feet. :(

You dont have go to gym for building muscles, just go to remain fit. Just do some cardio and light exercieses.

You are 58 kbgs now but what will happen 10 years later (im assumin ur age < 25 ), when all the medical complications like heart disease etc start. Then your doctor will tell you to start exercising, so you will join a gym eventually.

You are 58 kbgs now but what will happen 10 years later (im assumin ur age < 25 ), when all the medical complications like heart disease etc start. Then your doctor will tell you to start exercising, so you will join a gym eventually.

Well, i'm 25...infact, will get 26 this december..:p But i've been like this for almost 7-8 years now...my weight has always been between 55-58 kgs..:p

I do eat a lot of junk food, but still, there is no wait gain....:p

As for going to gym, time is the biggest hurdle...i stay in navi mumbai, n my office is in Andheri....i have to leave home at 7 in the morning and i'm unable to get home b4 9.30 in the night...:no: N after coming back, thr is hardly any stamina left...:p

I've made numerous resolutions to wake up a bit early and do some exercise, but..u know how it is with resolutions...:p

Back