Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

rma status update :

Warranty Services

RMA Status for End User

RMA Information

RMA Number 83574200 Ship to XXXXXX

XXXXX

INDIA

RMA Date 17-Apr-2012

RMA Type Indian RMA

Phone 98309XXXX Email XXX@lXXXX.com

Alternate Phone XXXXX

RMA Detail

Model No Serial No Receiving Status Shipping Status

WDBABV0010BBK-PESN XXXXX Product picked up Product delivered

Note: Please place your mouse over the receiving status or shipping status labels for a detailed explanation of your RMA status.

Receiving Detail

Received Date Model No Serial No

25-Apr-2012 WDBABV0010BBK-PESN XXXXX

Shipping Detail

Shipped Date Model No Serial No

25-Apr-2012 WDBACX0010BBK-NESN XXXXXX

Perfect!! my drive will be here by friday!

got it yesterday, friday as expected, afl wiz courier guy dropped it onto my desk in office, was in a meeting, came out seeing a selaed box

by the way, got a usb 3.0 drive instead of the 2.0 drive i had!

sweet, i love wd; now time to rma a samsung spinpoint 2.5hdd 500 gb using seagate, should allow for a good comparison and feedback!

<

It is still the same status. The HDD was received by WD 11 days back. ....

#[member='babhishek'] it seems you do have some "connections" with WD.
ohyeah.gif
.. LOL....you may help me with your influence man..Just Kidding...

I too will love wd then..
flowers.gif

WD is making really bad hard drives, their failure reates are very high. Especially the Green series and the Black series. People BEWARE, and apart from that they've reduced the warranty periods too.

Basically the quality and theire so called F.I.T test has gone from Bad to WORSE.

It'll be a lot better to go for Seagate HDD's as currently they dont crash as much as the WD. If you value your data DONT BUY WD AT ALL . It doesnt matter if they give you a replacement on time, it only shows their complete disregard for your data.

Well said aman.pitbull. I have not got a proper reply from them either for delay. It had been 2 weeks since my RMA date. I have emailed them twice. No response other than the automated reply.

Guys I have registered for an RMA of My 500gb green and there is nothing going on since 4th june 2012.

I can See :

RMA Number
s.gif
xyz
StatusSubmitted
RMA StatusSUCCESSRMA Premailer xxxxxx
Case Number00000-500xx0x
Account Name : xxxxxx
Contact Name : xxxxxx

I have asked them for home delivery but no one came to pick is up till the date :/

So what should I do ????

Kindly help me out :)

Should I send it to WD directly ???

OGM the courier Guy just came @ door step for collecting my WD 500gb green and I was Like FTW o_O ????

I almost forgot to take printout and the packing was like FTW FTW FTW :/

Heart Rates Betting up faster :p

Will they accept it or not :(

Luckily I had the corsair gs600 box in which i had that kushan type cover for protection , just got it cut with and exo blade and packed it in a adls torn box in an paper inside in front of him and gave him that box.

pray for me guys ;)

Woah you scare me man. In the past they have replaced my drives in a week at max. Places - Chennai & B'lore.
Has it turned so bad?
Have sent one last week, lets see.

not really .... first time they were shifting their warehouse
second time , they lost my hard drive
third time again ...western digital changed its web portal and calling to customer care , they say hard disk received and every week gives assurance of shipping ..

Iam thinking of buying an extra harddisk ...in time of crash , atleast I don't suffer like this

I 500gb was only one year old and failed like ^^^^^^_ _ _ _

Now we don't have reliability to HDD's :/

in time we will have to travel back to dvd's or it will be Blue-Ray's for our data storage which is cheaper at 100 times or more.

Yipee...received the RMA's HDD within a week:). Guess I got lucky again.

One small doubt...On the WD website Warranty expiry date is in dd/mm/yy or mm/dd/yy format.
Can someone confirm this.

guy's one request plz tag me and upload pic's of what kind of packing u do when u send the hdd for rma ^_^

Very simple, I simple keep the boxes in which they are RMA'd and then use it for the next one:)

Anyway u can use the DVD writer box with whatever protection material they have inside it. Then wrap it in paper and gift wrap it:)
The WD site has a packing instruction along with wrong packing models which is useful.
I then write out RMA no on three sides using Permanent Marker pen and stick the RMA mailer with req info on the other side. Job Done.

Back