Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

Just checked the HDD today. Working Pretty Fine
<

i need to rma a 1tb wd 2.5 inch drive.

do i call the cc number first to provide serial number details? also i have an afl wiz courier right at my office, do we need to provide them an rma number or reference for a free courier and return?

I have failure of my WD 2 TB ext hdd (WDBACW0020HBK-BESN ) that was bought 2 months back. Created RMA yesterday for a scheduled pickup on 23 April. After seeing this thread I decided to call the WD cc and informed that I would prefer to send through AFL courier myself. He provided me with a pickup code that I used to ship the drive free. I sent it today through AFL from Coimbatore to Bangalore. I will update time to time how it went through. Thanks for all who had provide a lot of info. Nice thread.

AFL pages shows that the consignment was delivered (20 Apr 2012 6:00 PM). It was delivered in just 1 day. WD has not yet updated my RMA status it seems. Waiting for the update.

I called the cc just now. I had to wait for nearly 15 mins to talk to one of them. I had nap in the mean time with the automated voice repeatedly saying "your call is important to us...blah ..blah.."in the background. But it does not seem so important to them when the guy at the other end talked. He was asking "why are you calling so soon? you have created the rma today only" when i explained the situation, then he said, " we have received the hard drive". But the WD website has not updated my status. It still shows "pick-up date confirmed". But the disk is already delivered to them. Let us see how it goes...

I have received email from WD that they have received the defective product. (21/04/2012). The RMA status has also been updated.

Thanks CA50 for your kind words
clapping.gif
. They are really pacifying to the anxious lot who have found their hard-drive-with-lot-of-data failing all of sudden. In my case I own 4 external drives including this one. This is the latest one i bought to save movies. i had already transferred 1 TB of files to the drive as back up. Then I removed it and kept safely. But when I plugged in again after some time it started giving trouble.BTW my other drives include seagate 1 tb, transcend 250 gb, seagate 500gb. they are all more than 1 year old. wd is the latest to my stable. But it is the one started to give trouble.

@remo1 : do you expect wd to constantly update you everyday?

get real an rma takes 1-2 weeks and the smart thing to do is check every 3 days

Update: No news from WD. I don't know how long they will take to send me the replacement.

Don't Worry they will take sometime to update. As they receive a LOT of products for RMA so your product is not always on the priority list. Hence waiting will be the best option here. My RMA status was updated when my product was dispatched before that it showed not picked up.
<
But through mail i got confirmation that they have received the defective unit.

Thanks rajveersingh09, CA50.

@babhishek: As I had been more anxious I couldn't keep my nerves cool. I should have been more patient. Your reply enlightened me dude. Thanks.

@remo1 : no issues

i rma'd last wednesday. the pick up date was yesterday. afl wiz sits one floor below in my office, i let him pick it up from me yesterday, instead of going down a floor - just to see if they are punctual. i expect my 1tb portable to be back in 10 days roughly!

#[member='remo1'] and #[member='babhishek'], Guys please use #[member_name] instead of @[member_name], to tag any member

It seems to be a game of musical chairs between Seagate and WD. A few months back WD RMA was horrible which resulted in the birth of this thread. Now Seagate's having issues RMA !!

Back