Storage Solutions Western Digital Issues, RMA problems, Service deficiency Thread.

Got the fdrive yesterday RMA took 23 days but as usual they shipped a brand new drive manufactured on 12th freb.
<

sjgDX.png

I know, posting a positive review is not expected here as this is the thread for RMA Problems and their service deficiency but I couldn't resist myself posting this.

My hard disk had reallocated memory sectors and was deadly slow since couple of months. I sent it on 29th February, they received it on 2nd March. As 3rd and 4th March were weekend days, they sent me replacement on 5th March. I received it on 9th March.. Though I got the same model, I found their RMA service very very fast and satisfactory. Glad that I have WD Hard Disks
<

I think most of the times Stock availability are the reasons for late RMA process.

That's pretty fast

WD rocks, Seagate sucks

These are individual instances, in the bigger picture Seagate has a faster system, it is only due to the so called shortage of discs [Thailand floods case] that Seagate has got sluggish.

Earlier it used to take ~ 5 -- 7 days tops from registry of defunct product to its replacement [talking about Bangalore cases].

Now it has gone upto ~ 1 -- 3 weeks.

WD thanks to their door-to-door service have always taken ~1 -- 3 weeks replacement [THEN and NOW].

#shravank30, dude you got a sata 3.0 instead of 2.0, thats not cheap

In real life, I don't think Sata 2.0 & Sata 3.0 makes any difference in HDD's

Only in SSD's you can feel any noticeable difference.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thus I would have anyday preferred a Sata 2.0 750 or 1TB as has been given to some other members (Wishful thinking)
<

Registered RMA for my WD black 500gb on 10th, found out AFL doesnt pick up anymore and dropped it off on 13th. Got receipt confirmation the next day but my replacement hasnt been shipped yet.

^^AFL never comes to pickup if you live in a remote area i once got a call from AFL after like 2 months of registering RMA lol.....i send the drive at my own cost which works out faster in my experience .

In real life, I don't think Sata 2.0 & Sata 3.0 makes any difference in HDD's

Only in SSD's you can feel any noticeable difference.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thus I would have anyday preferred a Sata 2.0 750 or 1TB as has been given to some other members (Wishful thinking)
<

May be you are right. Luckily i got 750GB sata 3.0, instead of 500GB sata 2.0
<

I dont live in a remote area, the afl office is ~3km from my house.

Instead of waiting for the courier guys to pickup your item, its better to delivery it at their branch/office.

My WD 320GB passport just got corrupted. How can i get it replaced? Im from Kolkata. I have bill and warranty on the product.

Edit: I did the RMA thing on their website. Pick up on 7th April.

#[member='rajveersingh09'], if you are not interested in waiting for the scheduled pickup, then you can hand-deliver it at your nearest AFL courier branch

^but its better to call and deliver the HDD personally. Because in some case, the HDDs are not picked up at scheduled time

Back