What are you reading now?

Me jus finished dan brows's digital fortress ebook...now reading Nuromancer

BTW i read arnd 10-15 books on my 6600 using qreader and ebook reader.

"One Up On Wall Street" - Peter Lynch

"Tipping Point" - Malcolm Gladwell.

Next on the list "Blink - The power of thinking without thinking".

DC.

Rave said:
what u talking man, i finished it in less than week :p 3-4 days i think.. lol

currently not reading anything, trying to get hold of digital fortress..

finished da vinci code in a day.... digital fortress took me 2 days though.. :?:

Dan Brown uses MS Word's mail merge to write books.
All of his work follows through the same...

-kill scientist/academic in first 3 pages
-phone call at night/early morning
-always an unassuming academic as the main protagonist
-cross country travel (optional)
-plot
-faceless assassin
-goosechase
-father figure/advisor is main culprit
-sex/fin

params7 said:
Thank-You for spoiling digital fortress and the vinci code for me :S
lol sorry didn't realise some people still hadn't read it. Hey I didn't give a total spoiler and you have to be prepared for something like that in a thread like this.

Don't worry, it doesn't spoil the books. The suspense isn't one of Brown's strong points anyway, a child can figured out his whodunnits halfway through - Regardless the plot is still fun and the finale unexpected enough.

Dan Brown is fun to read..... for page turning, it is Awesome. Dont care abt his philosophy though.

But he does keep his readers hooked and in the end, that is what sells :p

But I hated the ending of Angels and Demons though. He really went overboard there. But the climaxes of his books are really unexpected and surprising.

Digital Fortress was OK. Not my fav Dan Brown book.

Deception Point was also good. The stories he thinks of are really good

me too read danbrown davinci, digital fortress, glanced thru deception point..dvc ending good.. others felt like thrashin the books...:(
then chetan bhagat- read five point someone and one night @call center..second one is good.. but i dint like the climax.. :(
hav bot monk who sold ferrari... sometimes fell asleep reading it... hav to complete it sometime.. ha...

Dan brown is simply overhyped...i didnt find Digital fortress good at all and all his books really follow the same pattern..First timers may find his books interesting but the more you read, the more it'll give u the feeling of deja vu.. ;)

I'll prefer John Grisham to Dan Brown anyday..

Robert Ludllum - The Janson Directive (5th time:bleh: ) I like his books:)
They are amazing and action packed and interesting with good twists:).

His Bourne Series was a brilliant piece of work.

Yeah.... Ludlum was awesome. But his last few books sucked. I hated it. The Janson Directive, the Sigma Protocol, the Amatheus Deception, etc.... Faaaar from his best. It ffelt like he was writing for the heck of it.

But then his Bourne Series was the best. I also like the Scorpio Illusion.... Damn cool.

Back