What are you reading now?

Has anyone read Stephen king's Pet sematary? I mean, i found it kind of wierd(even by stephen king's standards)..but if you love animals like i do, you will definitely not like to read this bloody visceral depiction of cruelty on animals..thr are too many pets run over by vehicles in this story and king doesnt spare us any relief when it comes to describing it all..i really felt sick reading it..

run over animals and kids..dead cats..oh please..:no:

Na I haven't read any of stephen king right now am reading Digit UK version;)
and Dan Brown is not overhyped I loved both Da Vinci code and Angels and Demons. I do agree there are similar patterns in all of them. But Da Vinci Code was really good I finished it in one and half days. The fastest I have ever read a book was Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix finished it in about 8 hours flat:eek:hyeah: (I didn't get up fram my table)

Just finished "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption". Hmmmm, I liked the film better.

Before that I read "To kill a mockingbird". Awesome book!

And was reading "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" in between.

CaaYoTee said:
Has anyone read Stephen king's Pet sematary? I mean, i found it kind of wierd(even by stephen king's standards)..but if you love animals like i do, you will definitely not like to read this bloody visceral depiction of cruelty on animals..thr are too many pets run over by vehicles in this story and king doesnt spare us any relief when it comes to describing it all..i really felt sick reading it..
run over animals and kids..dead cats..oh please..:no:
yeah but the concept is scary...
right now reading kings collection of short stories, night shift

yeah but the concept is scary...

right now reading kings collection of short stories, night shift

Hey sure it is scary but i found 'The shining' more compelling than Pet sematary..

have you read it? Also, i havent read night shift..are the stories in it good?

tracerbullet said:
I'm reading Maya - Jostein Gaarder. This is from the author of Sophie's World, a must read.

I bought "Sophie's World" some time ago. I have yet to read it. I hope to read it soon. :)

I'm currently reading Aldous Huxley's "Those Barren Leaves".

Me reading a paper called "Realtime Out of Core Rendering" :p. No time to read novels LOL. EG deadline 3 days from now!

XTerminator said:
LOTR....
Dont know which time it is...lost count after reading it for the 15th time:p

lol same for me finished the first book 3 times this year (2005)........not to take anything away from the movies but i feel this 10 times more enjoyable than seeing the movie

Freefrag said:
lol same for me finished the first book 3 times this year (2005)........not to take anything away from the movies but i feel this 10 times more enjoyable than seeing the movie

Gotta agree with you guys.... superb book... i couldnt get thro half-an-hour of the first part of the movie though.. still havnt seen it though i have a dvd of it somewhere,,,

If you have read the book before the movie...the movie is like a trailer of the story.
Apart from that, the movie has many many alterations to it from the book.
At some points its been changed very very very drastically...i think a mini series for the same should have been made:p

Anyways.....if u wanna discuss about it, start a new thread:p

Am on the ROTK part of it atm:)
Started it a few days back.

And am also reading study material for MCA Entrance:)

Dante's The Divine Comedy

2 books down, 1 to go
- For those who havn't read the divine comedy, it's 3 books (the inferno, the Purgatory and the Paradise) combined together, origionally latin poems depecting a man's jouney through the after-life while he is still alive

Back