What exactly is Government of India doing?

Just use those 2 surgical masks together, almost as good as N95. How is the situation in and around kolkata? Are you going to office or WFH?
Situation in kolkata is pretty messed up like other cities. Testing is low. Everybody is in denial. Offices are open but public transport is not easily available. My office was never closed. So, all along I had to go to office, luckily I've personal conveyance but everyday I'm seeing people struggling in street for catching a bus or even a taxi. The buses are packed sometimes. Total chaos. So much for social distancing. No way of getting tested easily.

you can watch ABP Ananda @ https://bengali.abplive.com/live-tv

Last edited:
Oh!! Sorry to hear that.View attachment 87338View attachment 87339 They saw these things in medical shops.
Post automatically merged:

I am very familiar with 3M masks and those are not genuine. No N95 comes with so much writings on them. Some sent while wearing masks. Can not post those. Do you want to work for some NGOs?
I disagree, I have the same 8210 n95 and I bought an entire box in 2014 and they have the same writing. The 8210 N95 is used for industrial use, while the green one is for medical use (which can withstand liquid splash like in a surgery room). Not sure about the other mask in the picture which says KN95 which is mostly fake.

I am not doubting the 3M 8210 model of N95 ( after all they are the commonest N95 mask available)
I'm doubtful about the packaging. They usually come in small boxes of 20 and the box contains a bar code which can be matched at 3M website.
I'm not sure, why the shopkeeper will throw away the package and sell them in white plastic bags with no proof of authenticity?
www.greatjoinmarketing.com

Oh!! Sorry to hear that.View attachment 87338View attachment 87339 They saw these things in medical shops.

I am very familiar with 3M masks and those are not genuine. No N95 comes with so much writings on them. Some sent while wearing masks. Can not post those. Do you want to work for some NGOs?
I don't know how NGOs operate dude. Right now I just don't want to do anything, I don't want to go outside of the house unless absolutely necessary. My mother is 63, so it's out of the question to take any chances. In fact, I was taking a GST course coaching for few weeks before LD, to work at a big shot pvt. company but then LD was imposed. I didn't even bother to carry on the classes anymore as it would make me travel like 8 kms from my place, so I basically given up on a job, and even the pay was okay.

And speaking of my mother, I am pretty sure both her and I have already been affected by the virus. I used to visit places which are now under highly contaminated zone almost on daily basis and I probably have brought the virus home and spread my mum. But I am totally asymptomatic. The problem is however, my mum has got skin rashes all over her chest, a few on arms, and an extreme case of rash on her scalp and around the ears. She has to go out to market once or twice a week, so she might have caught the virus herself. Now what worries me, how long this virus stays alive in a human's body before dying? Cause the first time I recall noticing these rashes was way back in mid-April. I didn't care as much early on, but always had a suspicion in my mind that these rashes are result of the virus but was not sure, but for last few days they are saying skin rashes as a widely known symptom, so now I am pretty certain.

Are there any self testing kit available? So that we can test ourselves or something?

The problem is however, my mum has got skin rashes all over her chest, a few on arms, and an extreme case of rash on her scalp and around the ears.

Are you people rubbing some sanitizer on your skin? I've heard from my relative that she got rashes after using sanitizer / hand cleaner. It's probably extreme reaction to alcohol sanitizer.

I am not doubting the 3M 8210 model of N95 ( after all they are the commonest N95 mask available)
I'm doubtful about the packaging. They usually come in small boxes of 20 and the box contains a bar code which can be matched at 3M website.
I'm not sure, why the shopkeeper will throw away the package and sell them in white plastic bags with no proof of authenticity?
www.greatjoinmarketing.com
Thats simple, the 8210 box has just one large cover containing all the 20 pieces stacked and used to cost 450 to 800 bucks for the 20pc box. So now they sell each mask or anywhere between 200 to 800 bucks with their own plastic cover and people are more then happy to pay. The same was done to venus masks which the dealer or distrubutor being greedy wants to milk customers. I still remember buying venus Niosh approved n95 for like 60 bucks or so, it was even cheaper if your bought a 20 piece box.
Oximeter which used to sell for 1.2k are now sellig for 4.5k .

Are you people rubbing some sanitizer on your skin? I've heard from my relative that she got rashes after using sanitizer / hand cleaner. It's probably extreme reaction to alcohol sanitizer.

The US FDA has been banning a lot of sanitizers for containing toxic methanol. With our shoddy standards one can only imagine the quality of sanitizers used here. If you have your own good brand then awesome. But i can bet some shops etc. may not be so scrupulous as to use good quality brands and would be looking to save a few paise on sanitizer too.

Skin? Well sanitiser is obviously used every time upon coming back from outside, on hands and on feet as well. But these rashes started long before that, when mum didn't use any sanitisers at all. It's a locally bought sanitiser by the way, not branded or anything, Sterihand or whatever.

Skin? Well sanitiser is obviously used every time upon coming back from outside, on hands and on feet as well. But these rashes started long before that, when mum didn't use any sanitisers at all. It's a locally bought sanitiser by the way, not branded or anything, Sterihand or whatever.

In the house or anywhere you have access to clean water and soap, that is much more effective and safe than sanitizer. Only use it when you're on the go...

While at home why use sanitizer, use plain soap/water. Use sanitizer where you don't have access to water. Buy reputed brand sanitizer from a drug storenot any local brand. Always insist on bill while purchasing medicines, this will reduce chances of getting fake/spurious medicines (sanitizer is also a drug/medicine).

In the house or anywhere you have access to clean water and soap, that is much more effective and safe than sanitizer. Only use it when you're on the go...
We use soaps/ liquid dettol handwash when not going out of home, but upon coming back from outside we do sanitise our hands first. Because if we don't we would have to touch many other things along the way, right from taking the key out to unlocking the door, and so many other micro things which follow, before getting an opportunity to clean hand with water/ soap.

But these rashes started long before that, when mum didn't use any sanitisers at all.

So more than 14 days back? It's probably something else if it's more than a month ago. Like too much soap used on clothes during washing, reaction to some deo or even food.

I've got rashes when i used deo of a branded company.

We use soaps/ liquid dettol handwash when not going out of home, but upon coming back from outside we do sanitise our hands first. Because if we don't we would have to touch many other things along the way, right from taking the key out to unlocking the door, and so many other micro things which follow, before getting an opportunity to clean hand with water/ soap.

Back to the point, yes skin rashes can be a symptom of covid. You need to check with a doctor to be sure. @red dragon please chip in

So more than 14 days back? It's probably something else if it's more than a month ago. Like too much soap used on clothes during washing, reaction to some deo or even food.

I've got rashes when i used deo of a branded company.

It probably sounds stupid but i don't usually use anything directly on my skin, including deos (duhh). I only spray on my clothes. This means i can't usually use anti-perspirants. I use nivea talc and soap which seem the mildest, with minimal added fragrance. Dove shampoo, daily shine version. I don't like dove soap because it keeps turning to mush, and using johnson baby soap is a bit too anal even for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's difficult to say what's the cause of Saurav's mom's skin issues. Can be contact dermatitis ( allergic reaction to alcohol based hand rubs) but possibly not Corona.
BTW what's the deal with Indian media's recovery rate stat?
Corona doesn't cause any chronic disease? Yes, there are plenty of irreversible lung damage situations.
So recovery rate should be(total number of diagnosis(case)- total number of deaths)/ total no.of diagnosis ( case)
I couldn't understand the values they are coming up with. Why are they even trying to calculate it? It's just mortality rate that's important.
Why are they making things unnecessarily complicated?

Last edited:
There's a few things you would have noticed by now.

1. 'Doubling rate' stat: for some reason calculating how many days it takes the number of cases to double seems like a good stat for the govt.
2. 'Community spread': there seems to be a bigger stigma attached to this than even AIDS, they refuse to acknowledge that any kind of community spread is happening now, forget months ago which is the reality
3. Recover rate: again, this stat, if manipulated correctly, will show that the govt. is doing their job well because plenty of people are recovering compared to dying. which is the mortality rate. not a good figure to talk about.

Back when they started daily price hikes for fuel, so that people would get tired of trying to track how many paise it's increasing each day, as compared to clearly seeing the difference ever 2 weeks, as the previous system, then there was the new method of calculating GDP, there are so many things they keep messing around with which helps cover up their dismal performance and instead shows them in a good (if untrue) light.

So don't even bother trying to make sense of the govt. and their subservient media's stats, it's all a lie.

I simply do not understand one thing, the Indian government is not responsible for the global epidemic. It is a viral epidemic and almost every country failed to contain it. Why can`t the Indian government acknowledge the fact that the timing of the lock down was wrong, they misjudged the virus completely as not a single person in India has any prior experience with such epidemic and the so called " experts" made an error ( even WHO made the biggest blunder with this virus)
Why are they trying to cover up one mistake with another?

I do not know/ understand much about economy. However, at least on paper, there were some logic behind demonetization, which a common person like me could understand. Same with GST, though I was not in India anymore, when it was implemented, but read about it online and certain things did make sense. NRC was not too difficult to comprehend so was CAA . No one cares if I support them or not, but those decisions were comprehensible.
Now epidemiology is something I understand, and the nation wide lockdown from last week of March and dragging it for 3 months does not make any sense whatsoever. Lock down is the last and most effective damage control method in epidemics. It can be used as primordial prevention very rarely but India had 900+ cases by the time lock down was imposed ( so primordial prevention logic does not apply)
There is a major misconception about how Czechia and Slovakia escaped the epidemic. Yes, wearing mask was mandatory but very few actually obeyed it, same with social distancing. We simply escaped by sealing our borders successfully and the government took every decision after giving ample time to the public ( like closing down a market after giving a week`s notice) to adjust with new rules.
India has already used the most effective damage control method ( blanket lock down) and God forbid, if things turn into situation like Madrid/Bergamo/Brescia/NYC in a major Indian city, it will be worse than a nuclear bomb. Trust me on this, I do know how far India lags behind in medical infrastructure compared to Italy and Spain.
The only logical end of this epidemic is at least 60 percent infection in an area of a city/town. The lock down does not stop the spread, it just gives a break to the hospitals/ HCFs to clear some beds for the next wave of serious symptomatic patients.

Last edited:
I really don't want to get into this topic again, because people will come out and start calling me anti-national again. In fact i had pretty much stopped posting on TE, and not just political posts. When they won the second term i knew it was no use trying to teach calculus to a dolphin, no matter how intelligent they are. Some things just won't work. I'm just posting now to clarify some things to you.

But there's a lot of reality if people are ready to open their eyes and look beyond the PR, hype, misinformation and disinformation.

1. Demonetisation was proven to be a total failure by the govts. own agencies like the RBI and finance dept. More money than was estimated in circulation went back into the system made nice and white and clean, the opposition's funds were blocked and the UP elections were won. Mind you, this is the end reality, not what was preached about at the start like pretty much everything they do. The other incalculable fact that our economy was taken a decade or two backwards is another matter altogether. Also, since the new notes were printed by the mints which are obviously controlled by the govt., god alone knows how much they first kept aside for themselves before releasing it into the economy. The chef's kids and wife will get to taste the latest recipe before any customer in the restaurant...

Also, the fake/counterfeit note angle is absolute bollocks, because not many people remember this, but multiple times before, including around 2005, the 500 rupee notes were recalled due to credible information about high-quality counterfeits coming in from pakistan etc. I personally was informed about this by the bank and deposited my old notes. No drama, no pain, it was all smooth, seamless and virtually silent. Of course at the time it was for a legitimate reason.

Scoll down to the section "Mahatma Gandhi Series"

Since 2005 additional security features like machine-readable security thread, electrotype watermark, and year of print appears on the bank note

And once again, the notes were removed from circulation to introduce new notes with the new rupee symbol post 2010.

And finally in 2014: https://www.financialexpress.com/ar...s-500-and-rs-1000-issued-before-2005/1219899/

2. GST was supposed to unify the tax structure. Instead it brought more slabs and confusion, while making even small business owners require the use of a CA because it was so confusing, The reality is previously service tax was 12.36%. This was later increased to 14%. They also added 0.5% Krishi Kalyan Cess (KKC) & 0.5% Swachh Bharat Cess to bring total tax to 15%. And since no amount of tax is enough for them, they brought in GST which brings many things to the 18% bracket and not an insignificant number to the 28% slab. Everything about this govt. is about money. They have to make it in seemingly legal ways because they kept bashing the UPA about corruption. Not that there isn't any corruption or collusion now.

NRC/CAA may seem good on paper but it's pretty easy to tweak the rules later to target those they want to. The first hurdle was getting the bill/act passed somehow.

When they couldn't pass the aadhaar act, they decided to inroduce it as a money bill, which even justice chandrachud on the constitution bench of the supreme court concerning aadhaar questioned the legality of.

Everything they do has a crooked bent to it because it would never pass legal and constitutional scrutiny.

It's also hilarious that i've personally spoken to people who are gleefully criticizing usa/italy/spain for all their fatalities, saying we are much better off, without even beginning to understand the level of advancement their healthcare system has. Yes, medical tourism is big in india but that's for specific procedures like cardiac surgery, and just because it's multiple times cheaper here. Not necessarily better. Over though, the healthcare system is still stuck in 3rd world mode, even though India has the 5th biggest economy in the world, even above the UK. We should be ashamed of ourselves instead of glorifying these desi nazis and criticizing the rest of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back