What exactly is Government of India doing?

Ok..thanks for the quick reply. I still don't get the reference to Julian's post but nevermind.

I think I lost the track to this discussion. So nevermind...

His post was deleted. He keeps using the choicest of slang to abuse those he doesn't like.

Meanwhile poor prashant bhushan:

Even the attorney general is on his side.

Post automatically merged:

Last edited by a moderator:
People never seen to understand how deadly this virus is especially the after effects. I really feel sorry for those who have contracted Corona. Life unfortunately will never be the same for those who are impacted due to the virus's after effects.
Heck, even Amit Shah has been admitted to AIIMS for post covid treatment as he complained of fatigue and breathlessness.

I hope better sense prevails among authorities and try to postpone the exams to some other date. Putting the lives of so many students would be one of the biggest blunders for our demographic dividend.

More than half of this year has already passed. Waiting a few more months isn't going to destroy kids' academic or career prospects. It's just a big political game now and students unfortunately are caught in the crossfire

More than half of this year has already passed. Waiting a few more months isn't going to destroy kids' academic or career prospects. It's just a big political game now and students unfortunately are caught in the crossfire

I don't understand the politics here.
But I believe, this must have something to do with money. Just don't know how?

Ignorant voters are the link between step 1 and step 2.

Crony capitalism, yes.

Step 1, sponsor and pay for elections.
Step 2, profit!
Actually not really.
It is the human (and all living creature's) propensity to selfishness that causes all this.
Economics works on selfishness for resources (goods, services)
Politics works on selfishness for power (that will command the resources and also satisfy the ego trip)

Capitalism makes the most efficient usage of selfishness for resources
Democracy makes the most efficient usage of selfishness for power

It is but natural for these two to interplay. That is the natural outcome of life - unless we somehow change the genetic makeup of human beings.

I keep telling people that all our problems will only be solved when the human race dies out and evolves without selfish genes (not exactly as Dawkins).

But again i believe the deep-rooted, almost instinctive trait of selfishness is necessary for survival.

What if a dog on the street suddenly turns altruistic and offers all his food to the other dogs? He will die of hunger.

What if a dog on the street suddenly turns altruistic and offers all his food to the other dogs? He will die of hunger.

Do you mean only one dog is able to gather his food and all others depend on him?

Altruism is not designed for this scenario.
Altruism comes in play when one able-dog sees another disabled-dog and his brain signals that both will be able to survive if they share the food.
Though, altruism can go the extreme level up till self-destruction for sake of others.

I believe humans have been forced in a situation where most of us have been disabled (i.e. no more self-dependent),
and have been implicitly taught by the modern world that only mean of survival is selfishness.
This is again leading to destruction, other's before own.

Last edited:
The (rather stupid) example i used is not to be taken philosophically, rather it's a very basic definition of how selfishness is necessary for survival itself, maybe even down to the cellular level.

Your idea of sharing could be amplified into the very concept of communism itself then, where everyone shares equally for the good of the entire society. This is probably a utopian ideal state which every human or sentient being should strive to achieve. Sadly every single political entity in the world has taken the concept of communism and turned it into a monstrosity.

I would say one good example of perfect human society in modern times was the osho commune in Oregon. Like-minded people got together and literally turned a desert into an oasis. I'm not a follower of osho and also probably don't agree with a lot of the philosophy, but the way people showed that they can work together for a common goal is admirable.

I would say one good example of perfect human society in modern times was the osho commune in Oregon. Like-minded people got together and literally turned a desert into an oasis. I'm not a follower of osho and also probably don't agree with a lot of the philosophy, but the way people showed that they can work together for a common goal is admirable.

Did you miss the /s tag ?

Back