What exactly is Government of India doing?

Not that i'm a fan of cults or anything but that's a pretty derogatory way of labeling any group that doesn't fit the mainstream eh?

And i'm sure there are plenty of longstanding groups doing good work who aren't carrying out 'cult'-like terror attacks...

Guess you missed the disclaimer where i said i don't agree with their crap, but the example was of like-minded people collaborating to build something beautiful. Not praising the rajneeshees in particular. Could have been any group. You can learn all sorts of lessons even from all sorts of tragedies...

Whatever, the moment you decide to skip the regular tributes (aka taxes) to govts, you are eliminated.
I strongly believe, that was the single biggest reason, osho/commune was eliminated.
Self-reliant community, beyond the reach of taxation.

One need not have altruism in the genes for the concept to survive.
Remember that social fabric is an important part of how we act and get influenced.

Technology is helping us improve the anonymity angle, and therefore live without the "burden" of society's expectation.
And so, gradually we are feeding our own internal monsters of selfishness because there is no check on it (which previously used to be applied by the social norms).

A simpler way to understand this: people behave extremely mean on internet, the same person might be the most polite person in real life.

Last edited:
Apparently Indian railways won't start local services till next year. They gave the essential services people passes till 31st December 2020.

It's already six months from start of lockdown. Living in this country is looking like living in hell. Even the govt acts against you. Sucks to be Indian.

They're planning to start metro rail services from 7th September. Metro is actually riskier than open buses or trains because a) closed space and b) recirculated air

Hmm.. then we really need to see what precautionary measures they have put in place. Even if there are less passengers, the re-circulated air would only spread the virus. Wearing masks would seem to be the only solution for now.

Metro trains will become incubators of this virus.
The biggest problem with metro trains is crowding. Can't imagine how can they control?

This govt is hell bent on killing us , health care is already o the brink of collapse
Who in the right mind opens up metro ?
A simple sneeze and whole train becomes infected due to closed air conditioning

We needs hazmat suits for metro pliss

1598899534172.png

This seems feasible. Either get your own suits or borrow from Metro station. At the other end you can return it and the suit should be sanitised before reuse.
If not Hazmat, atleast something similar of sort could be made available.

Anyone here has personal experience with PPE/ hazmat suites?
I have....a lot. More than 50 percent will possibly have syncope and some will die wearing them in Indian metro rails ( and these are not reusable)
Taking them off is way more difficult and carry more risk of transmission. There are definite steps involved in donning and doffing PPE. Lot of doctors got infected due to improper doffing techniques.
Sadly, the policy makers are so detached from reality that they are trying to open metro railways, before normal railways.
The politicians have wasted months imposing blanket country wise lockdown ( biggest public health failure in history and it's coming to Textbooks no matter how the rulers of India try to give it a spin)
Now, no matter what's done, India will break all records of Corona transmission, death and even mortality rate. Nothing will bring down daily transmission till it reaches about 1.2-1.3 lakhs daily ( unless they stop testing altogether or start even more under reporting- both are highly possible) by 2nd week of October.
Somebody asked long ago about what's inevitable and accused me of being fear monger.
To that person... This is the inevitable my friend, 1.3 lakh new cases per day ( for at least 3 weeks), total cases in India more than all countries combined ( by November), total deaths more than the top 4 countries combined. And no, chicken broth and paracetamol won't be enough for around 25 percent cases ( which will be equal to all countries excluding US)
At this point, I don't see any point blaming BJP anymore ( that 3 months lockdown did the biggest damage though). But they should encourage states to open up everything (except schools) and start rebuilding the country so that the same thing doesn't happen again in 2022 ( 2021 will be similar to 2020 with large clustering of cases)
Post automatically merged:

And all these are just Corona related. Indian economic situation ( according to European media though) is far more worrying.
GDP shrinkage of more than 20 percent is worse than corona.
Our western neighbors are worried about 10 percent decline. But Indian politicians are seemingly oblivious.
And it's just the beginning of the true pandemic in India, it will just go worse day by day at least for next 8-10 weeks.
God help India!!
Wondering, what exactly 56 incher and his followers were thinking in March/ April...did they really believe that the virus will just go away in 3-4 months? How could they ignore every warning from epodemiologists outside India? Everyone of them requested ICMR to lift the blanket lockdown and reserve it as last resort.
How could a country like India improve health infrastructure in 4 months which had been destroyed systematically over decades?
Moreover the tragedy in Italy showed that secondary and tertiary treatment in this virus is ineffective even with good infrastructure.
If you watch 56 incher's speech again now( this loooong thread stemmed from that speech) it will feel like Mr. PM is a virologist plus epidemiologist.
But I can't put all the blame on him. The idiots working for ICMR ( specially the cardiologists/ CTVS surgeons who became overnight epidemiologists) are equally responsible for the situation.
If the DG of WHO can apologize to the entire world for his mistakes, why can't these scumbags do the same? I have seen some doctors in Bengali news channels predicting the outcome of lockdown ( without any explanation/ theory behind those numbers) and their predictions are now found to be nowhere near the reality.
These people don't even know ( or forgot) basic statistics, yet they were making public health policies!!
Now all of them have disappeared, no apologies..nothing!! This can only happen in India. Yes, they are grossly underpaid compared to international standard, but that can never be an excuse ( an ICMR official once told me that our calculations are more accurate because we are paid a lot more!!)

Last edited:
^^ No country had gone into a complete nationwide blanket lockdown like India for 4 months in the first place ( which started with case load less than 1000)

Anyone here has personal experience with PPE/ hazmat suites?
I have....a lot. More than 50 percent will possibly have syncope and some will die wearing them in Indian metro rails ( and these are not reusable)

I was joking about hazmat suits in the metro. but sadly it seems that it would be the only definite way to protect in a closed recirculated environment like that. So the obvious solution is don't travel in metro !

Back