What happened to Notion ink?

dpandey

Adept
I visit their website once every few years, just to see what they are doing. It is now run by someone named 'Sean' and is full of software reviews. No mention of Rohan or anyone from the original team.

They were selling windows devices for a long time after their failed attempt at an Android tablet. Why did they shut it down? Any idea what the folks are doing now? They seemed like a smart bunch but the company lacked adult supervision. They promised too much and delivered very little.

Last edited:
I remember their Notion Ink Adam when launched .. even considered buying it but then decided on the cheaper Swipe 3G Windows tablet. Good thing as I managed to dodge the big mess.. they went downhill thereafter and then, pretty much disappeared from the tablet scene.

I think the IN domain is someone else; their actual website was www.notionink.com

Last edited:
I visit their website once every few years, just to see what they are doing. It is now run by someone named 'Sean' and is full of software reviews. No mention of Rohan or anyone from the original team.

They were selling windows devices for a long time after their failed attempt at an Android tablet. Why did they shut it down? Any idea what the folks are doing now? They seemed like a smart bunch but the company lacked adult supervision. They promised too much and delivered very little.
If they have appeared in shark tank you would had got to knew something..

Yes, even that "delivered very little" would be an overestimate. I too was looking forward to getting one of theirs. But...

I actually owned the adam. In my honest opinion, they tried to do too much. I think they should have stuck with stock android. The overall table was quite nice. I ended up selling it for about what I paid for it about a year later. In retrospect, I wish I kept it cause the pixel qi screen is something that's hard to get these days. Form factor was actually really nice.

Worked there shortly. Rohan understood how experiences mattered but had no a clue on product execution or running a start-up. The founding team had no experience in CE products + few lame engineers + nascent Android software at that time (Motorola Xoom the first Android official tablet had not launched yet then) were the fall triggers. The early hardware issues & poor customer service were the final nails on the coffin. I really pity the early adopters who had spent something short of $600 over the brick that was Adam.

Worked there shortly. Rohan understood how experiences mattered but had no a clue on product execution or running a start-up. The founding team had no experience in CE products + few lame engineers + nascent Android software at that time (Motorola Xoom the first Android official tablet had not launched yet then) were the fall triggers. The early hardware issues & poor customer service were the final nails on the coffin. I really pity the early adopters who had spent something short of $600 over the brick that was Adam.
Do you still have an old adam tablet?
What Rohan did was not easy. I think the design of the tablet was amazing. I feel like Lenovo took a page out of that book with some of their tablets. Unfortunately, from an outsider perspective, Rohan bit off more then they could chew with the UI. Android (cupcake if memory serves) wasn't the greatest so there's also that.
So that was my take away. I loved the hardware. The software was still a work in progress. I do wish Rohan would come out with another tablet with a similar form factor. But may that ship sailed long ago.

Back