What is the mentality of people of Tamil Nadu who are protesting against Jayalalitha's conviction?

^then you should move out to nearest state :) and come back when DMK is ruling, because only those people will never increase the power tariffs, bus fares, milk prices...Give away everything to the so called govt employees and every tom and dick who goes on strike.... Anyways.. the logic is very simple... if you are using more than 500 units means, obviously you can afford to pay increased prices and cannot expect the freebies provided or intended for poor people.

@smnrock
I guess you pointed out chetansha. Anyways I agree with you. But the idea of not increasing the price impact a lot. For example, bus fares. My dad is working as Bus Conductor and when DMK was ruling, the pay hike and bonus was heavily reduced stating that it is running under loss.

Although ADMK also not giving decent pay hike, but at least they are giving something, because the loss now is at bearable rate. So I guess, it impacts a lot and hard decisions need to be taken for good.

"mentality of people of Tamil Nadu" - Most of them don't f**ing care, rather welcoming about the decision .
Everyone is same before the law. As a Country/state this is a step in right direction..

People you see in TV and mag who are smashing shops and property are people who is doing for money or fun.

as stupid as it sounds "The propaganda is that all other parties orchestrated and did this .", this has been talked in the public meeting violently and making people believe it's true. Although educated knows whats is the truth. **they are barking at the sun**

the only shock is that this judgement has come when they are ruling.

So do you judge a state with few morons on the road.... ;)

well as of now irrespective of class , wealth and what ever labels society affix us with everyone's mentality ontamil nadu is just like any human being on any location which is to provide food & shelter to their loved ones if protest against this incident helps whether its party men , flim stars or Principal & teachers of the state funded school or private school they will do it if not they wont simple as that

well as of now irrespective of class , wealth and what ever labels society affix us with everyone's mentality ontamil nadu is just like any human being on any location which is to provide food & shelter to their loved ones if protest against this incident helps whether its party men , flim stars or Principal & teachers of the state funded school or private school they will do it if not they wont simple as that

Soooo...even if something is morally and ethically wrong, it's fine to do it if it 'provides food & shelter to their loved ones

Soooo...even if something is morally and ethically wrong, it's fine to do it if it 'provides food & shelter to their loved ones

Morally ethically wrong ? Spitting on the road is in the basic category of the so called morally ethically wrong if the one who provided you with all basic amenities was concerned about " Spitting on the road" wanted to put an end to it it he wouldn't be there to support you in the first place coz causes like takes least 100 years thola

In this capitalist society we go to watch our back all the time

our protest or our resistance would have no effect on the outcome of the society as whole

there is huge difference between expected idealism and ground reality start working NGO's for years and travel from south to north and to north east you will know the ground reality on the present state of once great union which spans back to thousands of years

Morally ethically wrong ? Spitting on the road is in the basic category of the so called morally ethically wrong if the one who provided you with all basic amenities was concerned about " Spitting on the road" wanted to put an end to it it he wouldn't be there to support you in the first place coz causes like takes least 100 years thola

In this capitalist society we go to watch our back all the time

our protest or our resistance would have no effect on the outcome of the society as whole

there is huge difference between expected idealism and ground reality start working NGO's for years and travel from south to north and to north east you will know the ground reality on the present state of once great union which spans back to thousands of years

I think u pretty mad.

Let me correct that for you.

Soooo...even if something is morally and ethically and legally wrong, it's fine to do as long as you can get away without any negative consequences.

That's the motto, people in our country go by.

Its fine to cheat others, its fine to steal, its fine to evade taxes, its fine to ask for bribes, Its fine to vote for money, its fine to support corrupt leaders. Its fine to even rape and murder on the streets if they can get away with it.

People feel proud about themselves when they do something wrong (even illegal) and get away without any consequences, but the moment they get caught, why do they want to hide their faces? It becomes wrong and shameful only when they get caught.

People here love to proclaim about how great their culture or heritage is and how deep seated in their culture their morals are, but the truth is that most of the people don't have any moral sense at all and they don't have any means to differentiate between right and wrong. In most cases, their conscience doesn't even bother them when they do something wrong because they don't see anything wrong with doing it.

This sort of mentality is present all over India and not just Tamilnadu. My personal opinion is that often, people like to support people who are like themselves. So people who don't see anything wrong with amassing wealth themselves given the opportunity would support people who are already doing it.

One reason may be that people rely on religion and holy books to justify their actions. Every holy book is a mix of both good and nonsense that doesn't make sense in this day, but people tend to ignore the good and stick to the nonsense. This is true of all religions in existence. For instance, I have seen people who while earning very well for themselves though hard work would still never think twice about cheating or stealing from others if the opportunity presents itself. Their justification is that you should not close the door on "Lakshmi" when she is knocking on your door. They literally convince themselves that its a bad thing to let go of such opportunities.

This sort of mentality is exactly why rogues get supported and honest people are scorned upon in our country.

In AP, there is Y. Jagan Mohan Reddy who shares second place with KCR of Telangana on my personal list of biggest rogues in the country with max potential to destroy their state and country. Though he lost the elections in the state, lots of people voted for him and it was really a close call actually if you look at the total count of votes.

Why did so many people vote for someone who is so corrupt. Yes, people know that he is corrupt and never once has he himself denied it. There were many who voted for gifts, money and booze. There were some who thought they would get freebies. There were many govt. employees who disliked Chandra Babu Naidu because he made them work hard and made corruption difficult for them. Most of them voted for Jagan. Lastly he also played the caste and religion cards and got some vote bank. But still, what was shocking to me that many people in the IT industry also voted for Jagan. While Chandra Babu may be no saint, the fact remains that he was considerably better than any other recent CM and was the one who transformed what was once a barren and old relic of a city that Hyderabad was and put it among the top on the IT map of the country and the world. One shocking response that I got from a colleague was that CBN despite being a CM did not amass that much wealth while Jagan while just being the son of a CM was still capable of using his links to amass enough wealth to bear the budget of the entire state for an year or two. His conclusion was that Jagan is much more capable and yeah, he was dead serious about this.

Back