Graphic Cards When are you going to purchase a DX10 Card?

Me too have to wait for atleast the end of class 12, around 2008 mid! Hopefully then I will get a 8 core CPU + 8-16GB RAM and a high end Dx 11 card.

Mafia said:
Me too have to wait for atleast the end of class 12, around 2008 mid! Hopefully then I will get a 8 core CPU + 8-16GB RAM and a high end Dx 11 card.

Dream on...:bleh:

It would take more time for that kind of technology to become affordable.

^Meh.. waiting for Vista to get nice and stable first.. DX10 is going to be a Vista-only technology. Looking at the AT numbers today for gaming on RC1/5728, BF2 is 20-25% slower in Vista than in XP.. this for an OS which is one month away from RTM.

About a year more, I'd say.

Darklord said:
Will hang on to 1900XT for quite some time.Dont need DX10 nor do i have the necessary moolah !

Nah... Darky... :no:
Am i the only one to believe DX10 will be sitting in his rig Jan07 ??
Messa dont need DX10 for another 2 years. Going for my MBA so a good lappy with decent graphics is second priority. :ashamed: first is to get into a good college.

TechHead said:
^Meh.. waiting for Vista to get nice and stable first.. DX10 is going to be a Vista-only technology. Looking at the AT numbers today for gaming on RC1/5728, BF2 is 20-25% slower in Vista than in XP.. this for an OS which is one month away from RTM.

About a year more, I'd say.

I think most of the performance problem shown in AT's preview is because of lack of stable Vista drivers. Not just the graphic drivers but also the mobo and peripheral drivers... Im sure Vista will perform better than XP in most games!!

Don't make fun of me, but if I get through my entrance in 2008, I should be able to spend atleast a 1lakh if not more on my new computer, if I am really lucky then maybe close to 1.5lacs!

Here is what I plan:
8-16GB DDR3
4-8 core CPU
1 X high end GPU
19" TFT

Currently have a decent AMD 64 single core rig.

Mafia said:
Don't make fun of me, but if I get through my entrance in 2008, I should be able to spend atleast a 1lakh if not more on my new computer, if I am really lucky then maybe close to 1.5lacs!

Here is what I plan:
8-16GB DDR3
4-8 core CPU
1 X high end GPU
19" TFT

Currently have a decent AMD 64 single core rig.

Nobody is making fun of you man..:) What I am saying is that the specs you mentioned do not seem practical even in 2008 even if you are ready to spend 1.5 Lac. maybe after 4 years, it would be practical and usable. 4GB RAM and a Quadcore would be practical in 2008. Not a 8 core CPU and 16 GB RAM. :)

Well actually you are right, 8GB + Quad core, Had I been buying something beginning of next year, that would probably had 4GB RAM.

Which is your current config Mafia ?? If it s good, it can easily last for a long time.....

Which AMD you have ?? How much RAM and which GPU ??

probably around March-May next year, depending on wether vista gets stable by that time (not to mention the DX10 card prices get stable :p )

but yeah, there are many more important things on the "to buy" list before the G80...

8800GTX is da plan as of now... but it can "change" if other things start to happen.. in dat case PS3 will be my last hope to enjoy HD-Games:)

RiO said:
Btw, what's your current config?

Rio, you seem to be very eager to know about mafi's config mate

Even i m desperately waiting for DX10 cards, so that people start selling away their high end DX9 cards at throw away prices :bleh:

Back