Where can I buy a *genuine* xbox controller for PC

blueren

Adept
Hi --

Bought a controller from Flipkart for 2.4k (wired) but it turned out to be fake. Asked for a replacement, got another fake. So i've registered for a return and will be getting my money back.

Almost every single controller out there on flipkart seems to be a very accurately crafted Chinese replica. Is there any place online where i can buy a genuine xbox 360 controller for my PC?

TIA

Hi --

Bought a controller from Flipkart for 2.4k (wired) but it turned out to be fake. Asked for a replacement, got another fake. So i've registered for a return and will be getting my money back.

Almost every single controller out there on flipkart seems to be a very accurately crafted Chinese replica. Is there any place online where i can buy a genuine xbox 360 controller for my PC?

TIA
Was it WSRetail or some other seller?

The official Microsoft page links to Flipkart so i don't think WSRetail would be selling you fakes.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/JR9-00012

If they are selling fakes immediately write to Microsoft and i'm sure they'll take some action.

Hi --

TIA
Can you share the details with me on PM?

Can you share the details with me on PM?

Pretty much every controller in FK is fake. There is at least 1 review for every seller who complains that it's a fake. Those are the ones i'm looking for. These controllers in fk are mostly high quality chines make. Only closer inspections reveal that they're fakes. Say for example - the finishing edges (protruding / rough mold edges) shaky buttons etc. The main give away is the green quadrant lights. The original, I've observed has 4 quadrants, each independent. While the ones on fk only have a circular transparent ring with no quadrant division. Also, the stickers at the back are hastily stuck. The serial number on the controller does not match the one on the box. Everything about it just feels.. Chinese. Not microsoft material.

The main reason is that it is very difficult to differentiate between fake and genuine controllers even by the retailer.
After returning a fake controller worth 2k from Snapdeal, I got an original from Ebay for about 1.9k. The seller was ras_computers. I asked the seller before buying and he assured that he is authorised seller for Microsoft products in India & the product would be genuine.

Pretty much every controller in FK is fake. There is at least 1 review for every seller who complains that it's a fake. Those are the ones i'm looking for. These controllers in fk are mostly high quality chines make. Only closer inspections reveal that they're fakes. Say for example - the finishing edges (protruding / rough mold edges) shaky buttons etc. The main give away is the green quadrant lights. The original, I've observed has 4 quadrants, each independent. While the ones on fk only have a circular transparent ring with no quadrant division. Also, the stickers at the back are hastily stuck. The serial number on the controller does not match the one on the box. Everything about it just feels.. Chinese. Not microsoft material.
+ order details.

I got an original from Ebay for about 1.9k. The seller was ras_computers.

Wow. Are you a 100% sure that it's original? Sorry If i'm a bit skeptical about it. Would you please share some pics of the back of the controller and the green light in the front? The only reason I prefer fk over ebay is because of their return policy. I don't need to do anything. They come, they take, they go :)

Please do share the link! :)

+ order details.

OD001366231235671200 - will this help?

I can confirm that the ebay one is genuine. I had used the fake one so I know the difference. The LED is solid green in colour and lights up uniformly in the first quadrant. In the fake one, the LED is below the transparent window.
The duplicate does not have the inline release mechanism that snaps the cable when force is applied & the cable length is shorter.
Also the original comes with a CD which was missing in the duplicate. The duplicate also weighs less and feels flimsy. The buttons rattle in the duplicate one. In the duplicate, I could feel the vibrator motor move inside the body when moved side to side.

I f you still need pics, let me know.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Microsoft-Wi...ames_Consoles_Accessories&hash=item27f1500ccc
BTW, I got it after applying some coupon. The actual price was 2.2k

I can confirm that the ebay one is genuine. I had used the fake one so I know the difference. The LED is solid green in colour and lights up uniformly in the first quadrant. In the fake one, the LED is below the transparent window.
The duplicate does not have the inline release mechanism that snaps the cable when force is applied & the cable length is shorter.
Also the original comes with a CD which was missing in the duplicate. The duplicate also weighs less and feels flimsy. The buttons rattle in the duplicate one. In the duplicate, I could feel the vibrator motor move inside the body when moved side to side.

I f you still need pics, let me know.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Microsoft-Wi...ames_Consoles_Accessories&hash=item27f1500ccc
BTW, I got it after applying some coupon. The actual price was 2.2k

Thanks. I know what you're talking about :) I don't need pics. My only gripe was that i'd paid 2.3k in fk for a genuine controller. Had I just paid 900 bucks and gotten a fake one, I'd still be satisfied with it.

Let me go ahead and talk to this dealer on ebay and if all goes well, get a genuine one!

Thank you for your inputs.

Even paying 900 for a fake one isn't worth it IMHO. They'll conk off in a few months if not weeks. The original can be sold at a good price even after a couple of years.

Is the situation that bad?

I bought one for 1500 off eBay 4 years back. Still in decent condition. Slight problem with the left stick.

I've had replica Playstation game pads which become useless after 2-3 months.

It is! Not because retailers are peddling customers fake controllers but because it is impossible to distinguish between fake and genuine controllers unless one is experienced enough. I think the retailers need to sort out their sources. The only distributor for MS hardware in India is Reddington & every genuine controller has a sticker mentioning their name as importer.

I searched the local market here in Bhubaneswar & none of them have the wired one in stock. Also, even in shops, you'll probably end up getting a duplicate one.

I searched the local market here in Bhubaneswar & none of them have the wired one in stock. Also, even in shops, you'll probably end up getting a duplicate one.
Its easier to replace from physical stores
Go to some expensive mall check out the electronc stores there.They will have genuine product.But price will be higher than local market

It will much more difficult to convince the shopkeeper that the product is duplicate.
And as I said, shops like PlanetM & Reliance Digital are now only stocking wireless ones at my city.
Online shopping at least provides some protection. Plus I can vouch for that particular seller at ebay. His item was genuine.

Hey guys. Sorry for bumping an old thread but I received an Xbox 360 controller today and I suspect it is fake. Although if it is, then it's a very good one. Here are the points of interest:
1. The controller HAS the inline. I can disconnect the cable into two different parts
2. The cable length is around 3m (rough check)
3. The controller weighs 300grams (checked with a kitchen weighing machine)
4. The controller has the hologram with Microsoft in the middle and 360 written around it
5. The product has a different serial number from the packaging box
6. There was no CD or manual with the package.
7. Most importantly, the controller DOES NOT WORK. It gives a usb not recognized error when connected and I have tried it on Windows 10, and Windows 8. Didn't work in either case. Also tried manually installing Xbox drivers, no luck.

I'm attaching the pictures below, if someone visits this thread, can you please tell me if this controller is genuine or not? I may have to exchange it anyway since it's not working, but at least I'd know that seller is not giving counterfeit products. Please reply if someone sees this. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20170105_124001.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124001.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_20170105_124013.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124013.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20170105_124052.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124052.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_20170105_124103.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124103.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_20170105_124114 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124114 - Copy.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • IMG_20170105_124139.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124139.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20170105_124154.jpg
    IMG_20170105_124154.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_20170105_162642.jpg
    IMG_20170105_162642.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 289
^ If you observe, Xbox Symbol closely, mostly all controllers have matte finish and not glossy finish. Been using same Xbox controller last 6 years and it is spot on to identify the difference. The boxing contains some scripts in Chinese. The box I have, did not contain any scripts in Chinese.
One more thing to share/ highlight is that instead betting your money on Xbox controller, you may consider buying a Logitech F 310 which retails around 1200 bucks online. Only issue with F310 is that it doesn have vibrator motor in it. Its better than getting a duplicate controllers. Planning to order a Logitech F710 wireless controller which retails for 2.5K online. Plus, logitech carries 3 years warranty too.

Back