Where this country is heading - do you have any hope ?

how to survive and have a respectable life in this country?

• Not Possible

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • OP is Antinational

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • OP has black money in Swiss bank

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • what is respect? What is life? Pay taxes & just Pay Taxex, make india Sooperpawa in 2020.

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
People point out this kind of reporting abroad as India baiting.

It like when you want to show how great India is they say rape

When we send rockets to the moon they say feed your poor instead.

There is a path to follow to achieve anything. Shortcuts don't work out in the long run. There is a minimum standard expected from a 'superpower'. That includes poverty and food and toilets and shelter etc. Basic necessities. I'm not saying complete eradication, but MINIMUM!

Without having this basic development, going to the moon, talking about bullet trains and hyperloops and Rs. 4000 crore statues in the middle of the sea should be punished with life imprisonment i say.

Yeah mudiji, when will she?
:D

nam.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1530121528][/DOUBLEPOST]Vote for change has become vote for more of the same lmao

DgsRaKHW4AAc34C.jpg

Last edited:
There is a path to follow to achieve anything. Shortcuts don't work out in the long run. There is a minimum standard expected from a 'superpower'. That includes poverty and food and toilets and shelter etc. Basic necessities. I'm not saying complete eradication, but MINIMUM!

Without having this basic development, going to the moon, talking about bullet trains and hyperloops and Rs. 4000 crore statues in the middle of the sea should be punished with life imprisonment i say.
What shortcuts. First rocket was delivered to the launch site on a bicycle in the 60's

Basic development is for commies. First a revolution to beat everybody down to a minimum level then brainwash them with a new identity. Ignore any monumental screw ups along the way and build upwards from there on. China comes to mind

Whats the rape situation like there i wonder. Too bad that kind of info isn't exactly available in an authoritarian state. Those people are even more thin skinned than Indians :D

Where to begin with this....

But i will mention this because it was the first incident that truly shook my naive heart out of indifference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khairlanji_massacre
massacre ? how many people involved, i counted 4

Rape ? heh this was a murder over a land dispute from what i could gather. Curious title. i wonder why that was the most important part here

it wouldn't have been as bad if it was just a rape. Yes i said that. dead is dead. Rape means alive

The perps are doing 25 years R.I. This is good because perps don't always get caught

I don't blame the govt for banning the story, for obvious reasons....not that they succeeded

They didn't need to ask her to leave or prevent her from entering. They made an example out of her, this is a message not to publish anything that isn't approved when it comes to sensitive matters. Again for obvious reasons.

You might think this is callous but the imperative is to ensure it doesn't spread

Things like Khairlanji have become an almost daily occurrence now and yet people think they can deny it and the rest of the sheep will follow.
really ? i hear occurrences now and then. People get paraded naked, they don't get raped and murdered in this manner though[DOUBLEPOST=1530187760][/DOUBLEPOST]
As expected they are questioning the methodology

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42436817

Last edited:
Some much needed sanity

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-the-most-rape-cases/articleshow/63897729.cms

The number of rape cases in a country are a factor of its population size. This is why rape incidences or number of rapes per 100,000 population is a more accurate measure to understand which countries fare worst. When we look at that from 2013 data what do we see

per 1000.JPG

In absolute terms, the US has the most rape cases globally. Brazil is second on this measure, followed by India.

total.JPG

So how is India really doing folks ?

Self denial as usual. I have no problem being convinced based on NCRB stats alone that we have a very serious problem . Considering the report rates would be fractional at best like 1% or maybe even less (based on some old reports) of actual, multiply the number by 100 to get more realistic numbers. You also need to consider other factors like how "rape" is defined in India and other countries like US and UK where it covers a very wide range.

In any case, the numbers in other counties are not of consequence for the problem in India. Why does it matter? Are you happy that reported rape numbers are less than few other counties and hence we have no problem here.

Also don't forget that this expert poll considers other factors like slavery and bonded labor which is huge in India and significant percentage of them are female.

In any case, this sort of self-denial, blaming everything from Chinese food to western influence and bashing any report that is remotely critical (don't see anybody question data in a study where India is shown in positive light) is what Indians do and exactly why there is no hope for this country to ever be anything more than the shit-hole that it is currently. No problem can ever be solved when the existence of the problem is denied or trivialized.

Why does it matter ? When an org like Reuters says

India Most Dangerous Country For Women

The basis upon which that statement rests needs to be examined. This is not denial, its a challenge

This is not some local org making these statements, we're getting dragged in the dirt on a global level here.

Do we get a right to respond or not ?

This is not some local org making these statements, we're getting dragged in the dirt on a global level here.

Who will read local oraganisation's reports?
Do they have such wide readerships?

When Kathua was first reported in local newspapers, no one paid attention.
Gurmeet Singh's crime were first reported in a local newspaper Poora Sach. Did you read?

Local police refuse to listen/act when the victims approach/report the crime.
You are claiming you will believe only local reports because international media is not tuned to your taste.
Don't you know what happened to Unnao rape victim's father?
Hadn't it been reported by media widely, the entire family would have disappeared.

And the pradhaan-sewek broke his silence about the horrific situation in country only after these cases were discussed in International media.

Self denial as usual. I have no problem being convinced based on NCRB stats alone that we have a very serious problem . Considering the report rates would be fractional at best like 1% or maybe even less (based on some old reports) of actual, multiply the number by 100 to get more realistic numbers. You also need to consider other factors like how "rape" is defined in India and other countries like US and UK where it covers a very wide range.

In any case, the numbers in other counties are not of consequence for the problem in India. Why does it matter? Are you happy that reported rape numbers are less than few other counties and hence we have no problem here.

Also don't forget that this expert poll considers other factors like slavery and bonded labor which is huge in India and significant percentage of them are female.

In any case, this sort of self-denial, blaming everything from Chinese food to western influence and bashing any report that is remotely critical (don't see anybody question data in a study where India is shown in positive light) is what Indians do and exactly why there is no hope for this country to ever be anything more than the shit-hole that it is currently. No problem can ever be solved when the existence of the problem is denied or trivialized.

Who will read local oraganisation's reports?
Do they have such wide readerships?

When Kathua was first reported in local newspapers, no one paid attention.
Gurmeet Singh's crime were first reported in a local newspaper Poora Sach. Did you read?

Local police refuse to listen/act when the victims approach/report the crime.
You are claiming you will believe only local reports because international media is not tuned to your taste.
Don't you know what happened to Unnao rape victim's father?
Hadn't it been reported by media widely, the entire family would have disappeared.

And the pradhaan-sewek broke his silence about the horrific situation in country only after these cases were discussed in International media.

You two and @Party Monger please stop feeding the troll.

At first it was the usual political discusions and bjp vs congress etc. But when this absolutely disgusting and inhuman person starts trivialising and defending rapes in india, you need to understand the character of whom you're responding to. And then stop. I have.

Why does it matter ? When an org like Reuters says

India Most Dangerous Country For Women

The basis upon which that statement rests needs to be examined. This is not denial, its a challenge

Do we get a right to respond or not ?

We getting dragged in the dirt because of the ground reality. My sister doesn't have a problem going anywhere alone at night in US and my mom has no problem with that either as she has stayed there for a year there and knows that its safe (except maybe in a few cities with high rate of crime where it doesn't matter who you are) But yet, in Hyderabad, she doesn't have the courage to go out alone and my mom cannot find she can allow it either. There is too much crime and particularly against women.Hyderabad and Bangalore may not be has bad as say Delhi (our capital city), but they are still both quite unsafe for women to travel alone. We are in a country where women were picked up from the road in broad daylight and raped in moving vans and still, there is slim chance of cases getting registered, reaching the courts and the culprits getting punished. So, what the heck are you even talking about?

How many countries are there where rape of 6 month to 3 year old babies has become such a common occurrence that its not even news worthy?

Sweeping the dirt under the carpet is the only kind of fix that Indians are good at. Just ignore that the problem exists and point fingers at those showing the problem

It is not one person who reached the conclusion that India is the most dangerous country for women. It is 524 experts who reached at this conclusion.. I don't have any problem with their conclusion because I have already seen enough to know that is the case.

So, what the heck are you even talking about?

I don't respond to hype and exaggerations and neither do others.

It is not one person who reached the conclusion that India is the most dangerous country for women. It is 524 experts who reached at this conclusion.. I don't have any problem with their conclusion because I have already seen enough to know that is the case.
It's been pointed out that there are issues with the methodology used in this report. Its based entirely on perceptions. It's a friggin' opinion poll! you've got to be kidding me...

And i've yet to find out how India went from sixth to top spot. Or is that just another opinion too ?

Last edited:

At first it was the usual political discusions and bjp vs congress etc. But when this absolutely disgusting and inhuman person starts trivialising and defending rapes in india, you need to understand the character of whom you're responding to. And then stop. I have.

Ok.

Show where i have done that.

Otherwise feel free to concede :D

The country's National Commission for Women rejected it outright, saying that countries where women could not speak out had done better. They also pointed out that rape, harassment and other forms of violence against women appear to have risen in India because more cases are being reported, driven by public outrage.

The Ministry of Women and Child Development said in a statement that using "an opinion poll to peg India as the most dangerous country for women is clearly an effort to malign the nation and draw attention away from real improvements seen in recent years".

That's two national orgs whose job is womens welfare that have rejected this report

Bias is dead easy to spot. Its the inability to find even a single positive thing to say

Last edited:
Back