Where to buy a PC table?

Its 19mm Plywood.
Tempered glass can either be visible or safe. You may make the table as a mirror image of the table shown here if you want it safe and hidden.

Has anyone used such a design? How can it be comfortable to have Keyboard and mouse at different heights? That seems really uncomfortable.
I had to go with traditional box design as my mom asked me to keep some storage space for all my electronic crap xD

Hi lads,

Sorry for the delay. Here are some hastily taken pictures:
Overall, I'm happy with the endeavour though it wasn't a seamless or easy process. Setting quality/attention-to-detail expectations with the carpenter was a task and a half. The table cost me roughly 18k all-in though you can probably get this done for 15k. This includes the cost of the rubber wood board (8' x 4') of which I have a very significant portion left over (and can use for shelves, small furniture etc.). I oiled the table myself over several days (several coats) using mineral oil. Oiling and manual buffing is back-breaking and you can have the carpenter do it if you wish to save time and effort. Select the stain/oil yourself rather than leaving it to the discretion of the carpenter.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Will try to be prompt with my answers.
for 18k could have got one of those up down desks from ikea.

That's actually a decent design and we can accommodate pc, ups and stabilizer or speaker as well...But you only have to be careful not to hit the tempered glass of cabinet...
Can you tell me which wood have you used? Is it plywood or something else? I am in a similar situation and have to get a table made.

Have you bought the Trotten along with adils legs? Please share ur experience, Ikea people told me that with 4 adils legs, it will be slight wobbly and told me not to put pc cabinet on it.. Or else for stability we have to add alex drawers (6.6k) on one side it seems.

I finally assembled the table over the weekend - an it's a beauty!

The adils legs aren't a default option with the Trotten table top. So, I had to buy them separately.
As it turned out, there were a few issues because of this:
1) There were no pre-drilled holes in the table top for these particular legs.
2) The screws that came with the adils legs were too long for the table top. (would've poked through the other side)

Of course, both of these issues are easily solvable. I dodn't own a drill, so I booked a carpenter through Urban Company and asked him to bring a drill and 20 shorter, high quality screws.

Even the carpenter was quite impressed with the quality of the table top and surprised when I told him I bought it for 1.8k (he was expecting it to cost about 5k). The table is pretty strong and I'm sure it can easily handle a monitor and cabinet on top.

I won't lie, there is a slight wobble. I can imagine it being noticible during an intense gaming session. The carpenter told me that ANY 4 individual legs will have an inherent wobble (so can't blame Ikea's workmanship here).

I was gonna have the table against the wall anyway. After doing that, it's rock solid! Absolutely no wobble at all.

I'm still in the process of building my setup. Will share pics soon!

I'm sure. I wanted a wood desk. I like the idea of taking care of something that can potentially last me a lifetime. I don't like wood substitutes, but you do you man.
imo the main frame is steel of up down desk, would last 100's of years the top is 900 something every 10 years thats okay. the added functionality for same price of up down makes more sense.
I finally assembled the table over the weekend - an it's a beauty!

The adils legs aren't a default option with the Trotten table top. So, I had to buy them separately.
As it turned out, there were a few issues because of this:
1) There were no pre-drilled holes in the table top for these particular legs.
2) The screws that came with the adils legs were too long for the table top. (would've poked through the other side)

Of course, both of these issues are easily solvable. I dodn't own a drill, so I booked a carpenter through Urban Company and asked him to bring a drill and 20 shorter, high quality screws.

Even the carpenter was quite impressed with the quality of the table top and surprised when I told him I bought it for 1.8k (he was expecting it to cost about 5k). The table is pretty strong and I'm sure it can easily handle a monitor and cabinet on top.

I won't lie, there is a slight wobble. I can imagine it being noticible during an intense gaming session. The carpenter told me that ANY 4 individual legs will have an inherent wobble (so can't blame Ikea's workmanship here).

I was gonna have the table against the wall anyway. After doing that, it's rock solid! Absolutely no wobble at all.

I'm still in the process of building my setup. Will share pics soon!
dosent the top come with predrilled holes ? my linnmon did

dosent the top come with predrilled holes ? my linnmon did
The Trotten table top is supposed to go with their high end leg systems like the bekant.
So there were four nuts inserted in the bottom of the table top for those heavy duty bolts.

I'm 99% certain that Ikea India just shipped the items from their warehouse without thinking what legs were ordered and how they'd be used.

ikea is supposed to be that way mix and match
True.
But I would've been so much happier with IKEA, if they would've called me before shipping and said "the adils screws aren't compatible with the table top you've chosen, would you like us to send smaller screws?"

Sorta like when I ordered a PSU from mdcomputers and they sent a bunch of zip ties with it.

True.
But I would've been so much happier with IKEA, if they would've called me before shipping and said "the adils screws aren't compatible with the table top you've chosen, would you like us to send smaller screws?"

Sorta like when I ordered a PSU from mdcomputers and they sent a bunch of zip ties with it.
i guess the scale at which they operate makes this difficult and the whole concept of being self serve even in the store there are so so less employees, i recently visited ikea and i told them that there are not many around to ask for help as i was looking for a specific item they said the whole concept is to self serve and use their search stations to search yourself.

Take a look at this cheap great computer table:

My table budget was a lot lesser than 9k.
I bought the IKEA trotten table top and 4 adils legs - cost me 3k total.

I posted my setup recently on the Show-Off thread, if you'd like to have a look:
Ikea Table

Take a look at this cheap great computer table:

I've seen this in ikea... 9k price.. Looks well built... Height adjustable too...that steel section at 30% area looks weird but if it works for you, it's good... Table is very wide though.. Only issue is, you could buy it only through offline back then.. Not sure if it's available online now..

Bumping this thread. Looking for suggestions with a budget of 35k.

Am looking for a height-adjustable desk that is at least 48-60 inches wide. Am looking online on sites like Amazon and Ikea, they seem to max out at 36-42 inches, or am I not looking at the right place?

Secondly, are electric motors reliable or easily repairable once the warranty is up?

Lastly, if I wish not to opt electrically adjustable one, do we get tables with hydraulic struts? Just like the ones we have for chairs? Any links to buy them online would be greatly appreciated!

Back