Where to get good coffee beans

Before you buy an expensive grinder, try the spice grinder attachment in kitchen mixers. It isn't really as bad as the burr grinder salesmen would like you to believe. I have used the spice grinders with ok results. Experiment with time and speed

Don't take my word for it. Here is Amrican kitchen's review

Wait what? (Still haven't seen this video) I hope you aren't giving up a Lido 3 for a spice grinder. Also I'd be a good sum of money that a spice grinder won't get you god results once you need finer grinds.

Guys slightly off topic but can you suggest good instant coffee like nescafe classic but not from nescafe?
You can try Nescafe gold or Davidoff Fine/Rich Aroma, pretty much the best instant coffees available that can get close to actual brewed one especially Davidoff.

Just an update for those who are still struggling with getting good medium roast arabica in India.
I have been using Lavazza il mattino vivace for the last few years . It’s probably the only Lavazza make that is packaged in India so the lack of import duties etc helps them price it competitively.
No longer do I have to mix different packs or overpay for the imported ones :)

Just an update for those who are still struggling with getting good medium roast arabica in India.
I have been using Lavazza il mattino vivace for the last few years . It’s probably the only Lavazza make that is packaged in India so the lack of import duties etc helps them price it competitively.
No longer do I have to mix different packs or overpay for the imported ones :)
Il Mattino Vivace is a fine blend of Arabica & Robusta coffees from..

From their website https://www.lavazza.in/en/coffee/ground/il-mattino-vivace.html

Il Mattino Vivace is a fine blend of Arabica & Robusta coffees from..

From their website https://www.lavazza.in/en/coffee/ground/il-mattino-vivace.html
SO is qualita rossa - which is universally considered a good coffee across the world - except by the supreme coffee snobs.
However il mattino costs less than a 3rd of qualita rossa in local stores...

Some amount of robusta is generally required with medium and light roasts - esp if doing pump extraction else it starts feeling weak

Hi guys a new member here and a coffee connoisseur as well. Started my journey with a moka pot by bialetti and a french press for frothing milk now using a Delonghi Dedica to make latte and cappuccinos at home.

Coffee recommendations (in order of preference)
Devans - Arabica peaberry Dark Roast
Oriental blend
Viennese blend
Monsooned Malabar.

Looking forward to interact with all like minded people.

Hi guys a new member here and a coffee connoisseur as well. Started my journey with a moka pot by bialetti and a french press for frothing milk now using a Delonghi Dedica to make latte and cappuccinos at home.

Coffee recommendations (in order of preference)
Devans - Arabica peaberry Dark Roast
Oriental blend
Viennese blend
Monsooned Malabar.

Looking forward to interact with all like minded people.
A small update, sold the Delonghi now in the market for a single boiler espresso machine Gaggia Classic Pro or Lelit Anna with PID. Any suggestions and deals are most welcome.

I got a Lelit Anna PID recently from coffee.plus. It's a VFM machine. But do consider to upgrade the grinder too. Without that you'll not get good result with any machine. You'll need either a Bartza Sette 270 or a Eureka Mignon as a minimum if you are looking for a electric grinder. Mr. Aloke is nice gentleman to deal with.

I got a Lelit Anna PID recently from coffee.plus. It's a VFM machine. But do consider to upgrade the grinder too. Without that you'll not get good result with any machine. You'll need either a Bartza Sette 270 or a Eureka Mignon as a minimum if you are looking for a electric grinder. Mr. Aloke is nice gentleman to deal with.
hi bro, i already have a Sette 270 loaner from a friend for now. Congratulations on the purchase. Did you manage to get the IMS or VST basket for it or a calibrated tamper? That is the only thing that is stopping me from picking it up. Also can you confirm if the temperature on the PID is adjustable both for the group head and the steam wand or it is just for the group head?

Also if you can DM me the price you got it for any deals?

Did you manage to get the IMS or VST basket for it or a calibrated tamper? That is the only thing that is stopping me from picking it up.
No. Not yet.
Temp is adjustable for both. They are running a festive discount. Whatever on the site, you'll get it.
Also can you confirm if the temperature on the PID is adjustable both for the group head and the steam wand or it is just for the group head?
The Lelit Insider channel in the youtube is a very helpful channel for all Lelit products.

Last edited:
Two more toys.

I had stayed away from aeropress because of its plastic body but seller has a good deal for the combination.

Attachments

• Coffee1.jpg
    Coffee1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
What espresso maker were you using before?
Curious to know as I have been on a regular consumer grade espresso machine for almost a decade now.
Its showing its age so wondering if I should just get another 15-20K worth pump espresso from the likes of Morphy Richards etc or splurge on something more fancy :)

What espresso maker were you using before?
Curious to know as I have been on a regular consumer grade espresso machine for almost a decade now.
Its showing its age so wondering if I should just get another 15-20K worth pump espresso from the likes of Morphy Richards etc or splurge on something more fancy :)
I was using a Delonghi dedica. Morphy Richards are not worth purchasing. I have one and collecting dust. Was never able to make a decent cup.

I was using a Delonghi dedica. Morphy Richards are not worth purchasing. I have one and collecting dust. Was never able to make a decent cup.
The old one (Mr Coffee) has served me well and I do like the output with a simple Lavazza Quality Rossa (and now Il Mattino)
I am not a huge coffee connoisseur and haven't really bothered with fresh grinds - As long as I get a good medium Roast arabica extract for a couple of strong cups of Joe in the morning.

The 15 bar pump on the existing one fields results similar to the Delonghi one (EC685) and that is another option I have on my mind.
Is there anything specifically different with the Lelit one over the Delonghi - More on the extract side rather than better build etc?

I am not a huge coffee connoisseur and haven't really bothered with fresh grinds - As long as I get a good medium Roast arabica extract for a couple of strong cups of Joe in the morning.
You can look at the Delonghi Dedica /ec685. Gives a pretty decent result. With the Lelit you will need a good quality grinder and fresh beans to get the optimum result.

Back