Audio Which IEM should I get sub-8k?

Re: Can someone lend me their RE-ZERO

Vasishta.Sushant said:
^^^

RE-ZERO for 65 USD ????

Also the build quality of RE-262 is just the same as RE-0. In fact the plastic casing on those are little less desirable, from my personal perspective.
Hmmm.... That makes 262s still so-so in terms of overall build quality, but still better than 252s anyway. I hope at least the cable quality is far better?

What ? if you buy the combo it will cost you ZERO !

@santosh , the cable might be good but looks darn cheap ! , i mean the cable is not as refined as other cables by reputed firms like JVC, AKG, or senn. it just lacks finish. the HM602 were delayed cause of the cable so its hard to believe that the RE262's cable is OKish.

lets see how it goes !

Arrey I do not have 12.6k, if anubhav were to agree to buy it (i.e. HM601) how much should I sell it for to him or how much should I pay him so that he buys it and gives me the RE-ZERO

BTW how much does HM601 usually retail for?

mephistopheles said:
arrey i do not have 12.6k, if anubhav were to agree to buy it (i.e. Hm601) how much should i sell it for to him or how much should i pay him so that he buys it and gives me the re-zero
50 / 50 ... Lol :p

How about Ii pay the whole 12.6 , and enjoy the RE-Zero's as well :D

Let stocks of the combo arrive here , for a sensible reasonable amount i will let the RE-zero's go , else will keep the whole combo .

Its been said , RE-ZERO have somewhat similar sound sig of RE-252 ( my previous IEM )

that's between you and the other person ..by my calculation :

HM602 = 260; Weightage : 260/360 = 0.72

REzero = 100; Weightage : 100/360 = 0.28

Combo = 260

So, HM601 = 260 x 0.72 = $187.2 = Rs. 9098

REzero = 260 x 0.28 = $72.8 = Rs. 3538

( as amarbir's conversion rate is 48.6 )

But remember , the one who takes HM602 must have some more savings because he is paying more.

I got a quote for $78 inclusive of shipping, I've asked anubhav that I can pay him the same amount (i.e 3500) max for the RE-ZERO he'll get for free if he buys HM-601. Waiting for his response.

Why go for the RE-Zero when you already have the M3?

Sorry, if it has already been mentioned elsewhere but just wondering...

chiron said:
Why go for the RE-Zero when you already have the M3?

Sorry, if it has already been mentioned elsewhere but just wondering...
I thought it will be an upgrade for me, am I mistaken? :ashamed:

Not in every department, its worth it, if you can get a shell out more than 6K then its better to get DBA02/RE2X2

Ah! don't worry! You can always gift me the RE-ZERO if you feel it's not an upgrade :p (RE-ZERO and 262 are the only Hifimans I've not tried yet)

BTW since you people say joker's views on build quality and comfort are not very accurate, how is the actual build quality of DDM and what about its comfort level and isolation?

I thought of buying it but was turned off by joker's review on its poor comfort and build quality. Its available for $160 inclusive of shipping right now which is equal to ~7.2k, I could sell my M3 and may buy it.

First rule of thumb , never sell your current Gadget for upgrade ( if you really love the gadget )

Mephistopheles said:
BTW since you people say joker's views on build quality and comfort are not very accurate, how is the actual build quality of DDM and what about its comfort level and isolation?

I thought of buying it but was turned off by joker's review on its poor comfort and build quality. Its available for $160 inclusive of shipping right now which is equal to ~7.2k, I could sell my M3 and may buy it.
I'd like to think that joker's scores on build quality is based on some kind of internal methodology he follows - a proper strain relief, build quality of shells and cables - could assign a score of 4. But cables usually have higher chances of failing and hence RE0 with 4/5 does not necessarily mean that RE0 is good enough to last a long time. I've not commented about the comfort factor at all.

DDM's cables are a bit microphonic, cloth covered and not the greatest quality. But then among all the IEMs I have, only a few feel like good quality - e-Q5, FX700, Twilight cable of TF10, Panasonic HJE900 stock cable, Phonak PFE, DBA-02 and SM3. Even in this case, SM3's cables feel thinner than e-Q5 and I have the older version of PFE, which is supposed to have cable issues (cable hardening with sweat). DDM's cable is still better than my RE-252 and RE0 cables any day.

On fit, many have issues as it's a shallow fitting IEM. I've written a post on HFV a few days ago on this - The Radius DDM/HP-TWF11R - Page 11. I'd suggest you to wait a bit. DDM-2 is coming up next month.

An upgrade - depends on what you are expecting over the M3. If you like better details, analytical signature, probably RE-ZERO should be it. DDM takes a different route to the presentation as you know. So, whether it'll satisfy you as an 'upgrade' to M3 is something I am not sure about.

Im looking for a more fuller-sounding IEM which is good both for acoustic and electronic instruments (M3 is better with acoustic) with more detail, tad-bit more bass (not a priority) and more soundstage width, depth and height (presentation on the whole; very important to me) so I reckon DDM suits me. The other option I have (under a budget of 8k) is DBA-02 although I have a feeling that DDM might suit me more.

strategy said:
First rule of thumb , never sell your current Gadget for upgrade ( if you really love the gadget )

If I don't sell my M3 I'll have to wait quite some time before Im capable of making such a purchase, and yeah I too feel it'd be better if I keep the M3 with me. :)

Back