Audio Which IEM should I get sub-8k?

Re: Can someone lend me their RE-ZERO

I don't see a headphone listed in the OP's sig. How about getting one instead of another iem or is it mainly for portable use?

chiron said:
I don't see a headphone listed in the OP's sig. How about getting one instead of another iem or is it mainly for portable use?
Yeah, but if I can find portable headphones with no sacrifice on SQ - I dont mind some suggestions.

Budget - <4.5k (For headphones; For IEMs If Im able to sell my M3 - 8k)

BTW are the RE262 really not worth it unamped?

THey are well worth it unamped IF you like its signature ( laidback treble, forward mids )

but as always amping will take it to the next level.

Well I find the RE262s too boring and laid back unamped. They sound more dynamic when amped. Its not a big difference but its significant enough for me to not like them unamped. However YMMV so dont take my word for it.

esanthosh said:
Small ears - I guess you'll have some fit issues. But that's a very general blanket statement. Each ear is different, but I've read many smaller ear people complaining about the fit
I am happy to report that I got a proper fit that stayed for at least a few minutes with the TF10 using the fake Sony hybrid tips. So if they can fit me I am sure almost anyone would be able to get a seal ! :)

I LOVED the treble. It was so crisp clear and sibilance free. :)

But hated the recessed mids and the bass which sounded muddy on certain tracks. Sounded better with the Sflo 2 though so I suppose they scale up well with a better source.

However after a few minutes my ears started to pain. I suppose I could have gotten used to them but they did not gel well with my sort of music.

Hmm, well ( as i have said before ) the only unamped source i have is my ferrari laptop so i cant really tell weather RE262 are good unamped or not :(

But even with Ferrari HPout i find the Souindstage pretty good, imaging as well .

PROBLEM WITH THE BASS of TF10, , man you certainly have super ears / or super bad tracks !

[/COLOR]
Mephistopheles said:
I really need someone to buy the M3 from me now, and Im quite keen on buying the RE262, for now.
ufff !!
Hard time , teaching u !!

Okkk ... Waste money !!
Then make a FS thread for RE262 as well .
Um not saying RE262 is bad at all , its just this , that u buy the IEM which suits your requirement and in your budget nothing beats a TF10 !
Make sure u keep a eye on used TF's , or else GEB and Discount coupon

anubhav2345 said:
[/COLOR]

Okkk ... Waste money !!
:O , :rofl:

:rofl:

@Meph.... , WHat did you like about the M3 , is it its tighter bass, or its mids.

Also anubhav keep in mind that some have had problems with the Fit of TF10.

anubhav2345 said:
Make sure u keep a eye on used TF's , or else GEB and Discount coupon

That I am , I could take the TF10 too if I find a good deal that fits my budget. At present I can buy a new TF10 @9.6k from GEb after using a 10% off coupon but unfortunately I wont have that much money even after selling my M3 :(

anubhav2345 said:
Um not saying RE262 is bad at all , its just this , that u buy the IEM which suits your requirement and in your budget nothing beats a TF10 !

Well, that could be true but..

strategy said:
@Meph.... , WHat did you like about the M3 , is it its tighter bass, or its mids.

What I like about the M3 - its soundstage,the lows, the bass but I think its more airy then its fuller (i.e it has the width but not that much of material to fill it with) and M3 I think have a bit recessed highs so I'd like a bit brighter sound.Also, I dont mind a bit of extra bass quantity too. I want a more detailed, crispier sounding IEM which has greater soundstage/headstage and to sum it up is an overall upgrade from M3 in all departments.

strategy said:
Also anubhav keep in mind that some have had problems with the Fit of TF10.

This is one of the major reasons Im looking for other options

in soundstage you will find them a improvement, specially depth wise ( amazing depth they have )

treble is well extended and detailed. yeah the Bass will definately be an upgrade .

RE262 on the other had have very sweet and effortless mids , Bass is well extended and has good body, But the treble is laid back, hard to ignore it( for me )

Im just scared about the fit, nothing else - if only there was a way to try them out first, sigh!

So what should it be guys, RE262 or TF10?

I think Faheem should be able to answer it because he has both M3 and TF10 and has tried 262. But, going by your description, it should be TF10 than 262. 262 has got a bigger sound stage from what I read. But, it has laid-back treble which will not satisfy your 'brighter' requirement. On Fit, I have absolutely no issues with it. I was on and off about buying TF10 and was very close to ordering it in 2009 $99 sale. But due to the fear of fit, I kept postponing. If you could try them somehow, it'll settle the issue for good.

@strategy,

I guess BF1983's issues are due to proper fit. Otherwise, TF10's bass should not sound muddy.

^ Then, I think only Fah33m / BF1983 / anybody else who have tried M3, TF10 and 262 can provide the correct analysis. I cannot speak on relative brightness unless I've compared both side by side.

If he wants something brighter than M3s the RE-262 won't cut in . They have pretty much laidback sound signature .The TF10s on the other hand have much more brighter treble with the perfect shine and sparkle. Also won't suggest the 262s unless you have a good amp to drive them .

FaH33m said:
If he wants something brighter than M3s the RE-262 won't cut in . They have pretty much laidback sound signature .The TF10s on the other hand have much more brighter treble with the perfect shine and sparkle. Also won't suggest the 262s unless you have a good amp to drive them .
By brighter I meant more energy in the highs/mids comparatively

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Isn't this thing never ending ? Look where the OP is heading :p RE-Zero to Triple Fi :p
Well I never thought that I'll end up considering TF10/RE262 but recent turn of events have forced me too :p

The TF10s indeed have a lot of energy in the treble. They are the only IEM (of all that I have tried ) which have a treble as good as / better than the RE-0 .

TF10 are indeed good at treble if its bright treble you want you wont go wrong with TF10,

but again DBA2 comes in, did you ask amarbir , does he have a DBA 2 in stock ?

your budget Max is 9K right ?

below 9K i can only suggest TF0 / DBA02 for you.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

TF10 are indeed good at treble if its bright treble you want you wont go wrong with TF10,

but again DBA2 comes in, did you ask amarbir , does he have a DBA 2 in stock ?
your budget Max is 9K right ?
below 9K i can only suggest TF0 / DBA02 for you.

Back