Which is the best AC brand?

Here are the photos of the AC :hap2:

INDOOR UNIT

2lom4m.jpg

OUTDOOR UNIT

2mys01c.jpg

Actually I am using it in a small room where 1T is more than sufficient. So cannot tell the details on cooling for sure. (Now it cools very fast.. less than 5 min). I am not pretty sure, how to benchmark on the cooling factor.

If the fan is in the lowest mode, there is virtually no sound. But in the top fan speed mode, there is a little humming sound of the fan. I think its pretty normal.

One question!!

I can see the booster stabilizer giving a visible spark inside.(It seems to happen when the compressor is turned on) Is it normal?

Also what is the Dry mode and automode. Any ideas? Anyone with Voltas?

Macinstein said:
^Nice!, 25.7k for this seems a pretty decent deal, how's the cooling?

Is it silent enough?

buy general ACs...but they r way too costly...

in the medium range go for hitachi....

in the starting range go for LG/Samsung/Electrolux

cheers :)

In the shop, I saw one electrolux , 1.5T for 18k... Why is it so? :S

RamPagE said:
buy general ACs...but they r way too costly...

in the medium range go for hitachi....

in the starting range go for LG/Samsung/Electrolux

cheers :)

Friends, Can you please clear one confusion. All those who have have purchased imported general AC's please clarify, is it branded as O'generaL OR general? I'm asking this question as on the internet I find mention of o'general only as an indian brand.

bigbyte said:
is it branded as O'generaL OR general? I'm asking this question as on the internet I find mention of o'general only as an indian brand.

On front panel of my 2 AC's it is shown as - OGENERAL

The leaflet too show is as OGeneral

Eazy said:
On front panel of my 2 AC's it is shown as - OGENERAL

The leaflet too show is as OGeneral

Quad Master said:
This is how it looks on my AC
I cant be more specific than this :lol:

Dear Eazy, Quad master, Please read my post carefully :ashamed:. I never had any confusion regarding branding of Indian made AC's..I just wanted to know whether the imported one's are branded as O'general or general. This has been cleared by Vahss. :cool2:

bigbyte said:
I never had any confusion regarding branding of Indian made AC's..I just wanted to know whether the imported one's are branded as O'general or general.

Oooops :ashamed:

The imported OG ACs I have seen have something written in Arabic on the front panel. And if I am not mistaken the colour of their front panel is a bit more yellowish.

My $0.02 ... I have a Hitachi 1.2 T, BEE rating of 3.32, (the very highest I could possibly find - scared bloodless of electricity bills killing me in summertime)... costliest of those in it's range (though not by efficiency rating).

Did an excellent job the last couple of months (just after purchase), but now that summer's at it's peak, it just barely makes the 'feel-good' grade for the moolah I shelled out. It used to cool the room in 2-3 minutes before, now it takes about 15 and has started making a faint, but irritating (when the room is quiet) noise. I've called the Hitachi guys over to check, still waiting for them to make it. Possible that it's because "summer's at it's peak" - early forties in Hyd, but I'm a little skeptical - just expected more, I suppose.

Good luck getting the best bet out there ... the guys seems to think OGeneral (imported?) is the best, I might roll for that the next time !

vijaycool said:
I think we need something like this.EER 40, This unit employs Maisotsenko Cycle (M-Cycle) Using water as coolant. I am not sure whether it work in humid climate like in mumbai and chennai. Its a cool concept 600Watts for 6tonne is just crazy
Products | Coolerado Cool News

Nice concept... I was thinking last year why can't then get liquid cooling in AC's with industrial coolants or water. it can improve efficiency & lower power bills... Its very much suitable for India with summer all over us & high power costs which is increasing every year... But rest assured this tech will only reach India after at least 5 years....

But now we know what to look out for.. This unit can make the whole house centrally air conditioned & will not be bad for environment or power bills... :cool2:

for the guy whos confused about imported and indian general ac's and whether they are branded as ogeneral or general.. afaik they are all general the indian ones and the imported ones (the o in the beginning is their logo ;-))

amityrock said:
for the guy whos confused about imported and indian general ac's and whether they are branded as ogeneral or general.. afaik they are all general the indian ones and the imported ones (the o in the beginning is their logo ;-))

WRONG.:bleh: ... as far as indian general ac's are concerned I am sure that they are branded as ogeneral and not general. On their official site they say :-
"ETA General Private Limited (EGPL) is a Joint Venture company between ETA-Ascon, Dubai and Fujitsu General Limited, Japan. EGPL launched OGENERAL brand Air Conditioners in the Indian market in the year 2000." Their official site is :: Welcome to the OGENERAL AIR CONDITIONERS :::.:) :)

Back