Which one is the best email client

OK.. so I have a quick question for all you Opera fanboys. I just started using it and something about M2 is bugging me beyond belief. I might just have overlooked something obvious.. or maybe I've not..

Is there any method by which to make Opera automatically mark messages as read, once I have ACTUALLY read them? Or is the only way around to manually mark them as read?

WOW what a epeen raise you get just by using an email client ! I am amazed that using an email client can make you brave.
I use Outlook 2007 and Thunderbird and also Windown Live mail and am happy with all of them. the slowness is caused by the system being slow and not the software.
I am going to have a heart attack if I dont use Mutt...:hap2:
blufox said:
Yes it is and definitely not for people with a weak heart. :D

I use Google Apps's Web Based interface. Gmail's Inteface does have some unique features which are not found any of the Mail clients yet.

* I like Conversation style of Email.

* Labels, its a better way than folders

* Its faster

* Google Labs for some feature like Email Addict,Mail Goggles,Forgotten Attachment Detector,Undo Send etc.

If you know a Mail client which can do all this, please mention it here. I would love to try it ou.

I wrote my own bulk emailer :cool:

20100121212402.png

I don't like to store mail on my computer so use web based services for viewing emails

Outlook 2007 in office and Outlook 2010 beta at home :p Will be switching to Outlook 2010 in office as well ;) Tried Thunderbird for a very short while for testing and found it good, but it tends to use POP for email on Exchange. So, not desirable. Lotus Notes!! Man, it's SUCH a PITA!!

stalker said:
OK.. so I have a quick question for all you Opera fanboys. I just started using it and something about M2 is bugging me beyond belief. I might just have overlooked something obvious.. or maybe I've not..

Is there any method by which to make Opera automatically mark messages as read, once I have ACTUALLY read them? Or is the only way around to manually mark them as read?

Click on "View" and choose "Mark Read After" -> Then select the time period after which you want mails to be marked as read.

The new Thunderturd still has a broken tabbing concept. Cant componse messages in tabs. The To/CC thingie also has been broken for ages. When will the Mozilla team ever learn to build a proper UI?!

Raghunandan said:
Click on "View" and choose "Mark Read After" -> Then select the time period after which you want mails to be marked as read.

The new Thunderturd still has a broken tabbing concept. Cant componse messages in tabs. The To/CC thingie also has been broken for ages. When will the Mozilla team ever learn to build a proper UI?!

I don't want it to get marked as 'read' after any particular time period. I want my mails to get marked as 'read' AFTER i've read them :(

I probably wasnt very clear in my earlier post. They arent marked as read after arrival in your inbox.

Mails will be marked as read "x" seconds after you have viewed it. So you click on a email and its displayed on the screen. After "x" seconds of display it will be marked as read. This is the behaviour in Outlook too.

Raghunandan said:
I probably wasnt very clear in my earlier post. They arent marked as read after arrival in your inbox.

Mails will be marked as read "x" seconds after you have viewed it. So you click on a email and its displayed on the screen. After "x" seconds of display it will be marked as read. This is the behaviour in Outlook too.

Ahaa.. never used outlook.. so didn't know about that.. Thanks :)

Back