Budget Above 40k Which one to is better value for money S24 Ultra for 78K or S23 Ultra 65K?

Kk_red

Recruit
Hi,

I have this corporate Samsung offers, S24 ultra with exchange of my current device and CC offer is coming to around 78K and similarly for S23 Ultra its coming to around 65K.

My question is, is S24 Ultra worth the extra 13 K? I only know it has next gen snapdragon and some AI stuff. Any one has any experience with this AI thing in S24 Ultra

@Kk_red am using S24 U and am pretty satisfied [moved from s23+]
battery life is good touches 6.5 hrs to 7 hrs easily , I use on QHD+. + 5G most of the time

anti reflective screen is good
its not a real upgrade from s23u but NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER Plus you will get the 7 years update as promised, sd 8 gen3 is also too good.
The AI thing is kinda gimmicky it wont be free after 2025 for S24 Users so ignore it

Get the S24 U there is no point buying a 1.5 year old phone now and if money is not a constraint.
Get a S24U it will be worth the extra 13k

@kuduku for reference https://9to5google.com/2024/01/17/samsung-galaxy-s24-android-updates-policy/
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-14 at 10.58.10 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Am using S23U , not much change except 10MP to 50MP one of cameras in S24U, AI all flagship will get
But if you would like to continue using till it breaks then S24U

Last edited:
Hi,

I have this corporate Samsung offers, S24 ultra with exchange of my current device and CC offer is coming to around 78K and similarly for S23 Ultra its coming to around 65K.

My question is, is S24 Ultra worth the extra 13 K? I only know it has next gen snapdragon and some AI stuff. Any one has any experience with this AI thing in S24 Ultra
I got only one question, how did you score those corporate offers? is there any way I can get those? Also can you check the price of S23+? I want to get my father either a S23 ultra or S23+ but there hasnt been any good sale for those models

Using the S23 Ultra and very satisfied with it. A friend recently got an S24 Ultra and having handled it for a bit, I'd say go for the S23 Ultra since there's no change really for the average person. On the other hand, if you are planning to do heavy stuff like gaming, emulation, video editing etc, then sure go for the latest and greatest. Else, the Ultra is great too. Plus, the S23 Ultra has software support through 2027 in any case, so it's not the S23 Ultra is not going to get decent software support. Got the Galaxy AI update a couple of weeks ago and the S23 Ultra is basically an S24 Ultra for me lol (apart from the curved screen, which I personally prefer since it makes the device look and feel more premium for me).
In short, I'd say save your money and go for the S23 Ultra. Then upgrade in another 3-5 years when there's a real upgrade available.
Feel free to ask any questions
NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER
Not always the case - for example, the S24 and S24 Plus come with Exynos chips compared to S23 and S23 Plus which were Snapdragon globally (Samsung has made at least the Ultra series Snapdragon globally). Many such other examples can be found for the Tech world (Intel 13th gen Core processors, Ryzen 8000 Mobile, OnePlus Two, AMD FX processors, etc). Would recommend avoiding making blanket statements like this.
The S23 Ultra is an excellent phone, and will continue to be so for a long time.
Plus, I would personally prefer having a 10x lens over a 5x lens since the 10x is really, really good for concerts and the like - yes, not an everyday thing but you only notice such things exactly when you need them

Last edited:
This is just a guess: It's possible that the OS support & titanium frame help the S24 depreciate less in value. Not sure if it's worth 13k in today's money, though.

Feel free to ask any questions
Did you compare the cameras? Specifically in moderate zooms? Most reviews I've read point out that the newer 5x is overall better in regular usage. Would you say so? In other words, is the S24U considerably better than the S23U around 5x zoom?

This is just a guess: It's possible that the OS support & titanium frame help the S24 depreciate less in value. Not sure if it's worth 13k in today's money, though.

Did you compare the cameras? Specifically in moderate zooms? Most reviews I've read point out that the newer 5x is overall better in regular usage. Would you say so? In other words, is the S24U considerably better than the S23U around 5x zoom?
will agree with @Stronk not always new is better, my s24 u literally feels like trash to me now.
the battery life is just pathetic and you wont feel any difference in camera bwn s23u and s24 u.

i dunno how long you keep phones and whether you are a serial upgrader or tend to flog the phone as an asset for the max possible life.
In either case, give the upfront delta is only 20%, you are better off with the newer model.

if you upgrade within 1-2 years, you will get a 20% higher salvage value.
if you tend to keep phones for long, the s24u willl last you 20% longer

I keep for 2 yrs max and then sell it off
for the 2 key flagships (S XX Ultra and XX pro max) Anywhere between 10-12K delta will be an easy salvage price difference between the 2 and 3 year old model
eg The 13pro max today will easily get you a fair bit more than the 12 pro max if you were to post em here (or pass em on to even cashify or similar)

Might as well get the newer one and still have a flat TCO after using it for the intended period

Back