Which Stock market app do you recommend?

Bro I am a newbie so its really difficult but there is no way my order was executed correctly. Sanstar high is 144 where as my trigger price was 146.9 so it never reached the trigger price to execute a sell order at current market price, also I now see a notification on my mobile that a sell order was successful at 139.31.
This is how I've placed an order earlier today. Should I use Limit order instead of Trigger?

View attachment 205504
this is very confusing sanstar never touched 146 today its not possible it was successful try calling dhan now for more clarification or check contract note at end of day. this is the reason I stick with groww and zerodha currently I am liking angel one even more

Bro I am a newbie so its really difficult but there is no way my order was executed correctly. Sanstar high is 144 where as my trigger price was 146.9 so it never reached the trigger price to execute a sell order at current market price, also I now see a notification on my mobile that a sell order was successful at 139.31.
This is how I've placed an order earlier today. Should I use Limit order instead of Trigger?

View attachment 205504
You are better putting it as LIMIT order. No need to use trigger.
Trigger order are for advanced users who want to use IF condition.

What you see the price on charts are different from actual price as the prices are not captured at every tick but for certain certain interval like seconds or even milliseconds. However, if the trade is executed between these milliseconds, the chart will not be able to capture it !
Howeer, if the trade is successful, its evident that there was a buyer at your limit price and the trade got executed.

And while Dhan seems to be more complex and overwhelming initially, I am confortable with it now and know how to use many of the features which are available with it.
On the other hand, Grow believe in keeping simple UI and is loved by many people!
groww main user base is people investing in mutual funds

Tried dhan app and bought Sanstar at 139.90, before market opened today I've set a trigger sell order at 146.90 but as the market opened the status of the order changed to Successful and I am not sure if the order was executed at market price as the trigger price never reached. Did I do something wrong as I don't see the stock in my Portfolio now.

Comparing to groww app for my brother account i find dhan extremely confusing :mad:
Let me dig more,

I am confused on the chronology, please clarify:
1. When you have bought Sanstar?
2. At what time you place the sell order with the trigger price?

Let me dig more,

I am confused on the chronology, please clarify:
1. When you have bought Sanstar?
2. At what time you place the sell order with the trigger price?
1. Bought yesterday for 139.9
2. Order Time, 22 Aug 2024 08:12:22

Trade executed at 09:15:12 as per order detail
this is very confusing sanstar never touched 146 today its not possible it was successful try calling dhan now for more clarification or check contract note at end of day. this is the reason I stick with groww and zerodha currently I am liking angel one even more
I was confused since this is the first time I am using dhan and thought maybe I made a mistake but doesn't seems so.
Why are you more inclined toward angelone? I am 99% sure of switching from dhan now

1. Bought yesterday for 139.9
2. Order Time, 22 Aug 2024 08:12:22

Trade executed at 09:15:12 as per order detail

I was confused since this is the first time I am using dhan and thought maybe I made a mistake but doesn't seems so.
Why are you more inclined toward angelone? I am 99% sure of switching from dhan now
Since you have written to Dhan, wait for their reply as to how it happened.

Also dont make that hasty decision to shift your broker. No app is perfect and it all depends on the user as to what they want.
I had Zerodha, which most people vouch but since I am into Algo and they were charging very hefty for APIs, have shifted.
I had also tried other apps but none of them were suitable for me and finally I am with 1.5 years with dhan and mostly liking it. It was not a smooth snailing with Dhan as well and there were many bugs initially but they improved a lot.

But all these matters to someone who trades on regular basis but for novice, I dont think all these will matter.
As for your trade, as I mentioned, you only needed to put Limit order and not the trigger one.

Also dont make that hasty decision to shift your broker. No app is perfect and it all depends on the user as to what they want.
This is not a hasty decision as my sell order was trigger based order then the app shouldn't process it, end of discussion (Trigger means reach a certain price and then execute, Correct me if I am wrong). If I can't trust them then its wise to move on to other brokers. Also the fact its difficult to check the status of your order, yesterday when I bought those shares the status was in Position rather than Portfolio and I had to wait till 7am today to see them in Portfolio section.
Anyways I'll chat with them later today to see what went wrong
As for your trade, as I mentioned, you only needed to put Limit order and not the trigger one.
Thanks, Wish I knew it before loosing 2k

This is not a hasty decision as my sell order was trigger based order then the app shouldn't process it, end of discussion (Trigger means reach a certain price and then execute, Correct me if I am wrong). If I can't trust them then its wise to move on to other brokers. Also the fact its difficult to check the status of your order, yesterday when I bought those shares the status was in Position rather than Portfolio and I had to wait till 7am today to see them in Portfolio section.
Anyways I'll chat with them later today to see what went wrong

Thanks, Wish I knew it before loosing 2k
For your thing about status of order, this is how it works, whatever you purchase, it goes into the position as system doesnt know whether you will sqaure it up or continue holding and then when the EOD happens (its generally happens around the same time for all brokers), its moved to the portfolio tab!
Further, to check the order status, the information to the granular level is available in the order tab where every required information is available!

Share prices are known to jump for milliseconds. However, that should be visible in "Day" graph of the Script.
Check if this Share peaked for a brief moment. If it did, then the trade was successful. If not, there could be some error.
Regardless, T+3 is usually stretched time period for Settlement. Hence, wait for two days.

Share prices are known to jump for milliseconds. However, that should be visible in "Day" graph of the Script.
Check if this Share peaked for a brief moment. If it did, then the trade was successful. If not, there could be some error.
This wasn't the case as the days high was less than trigger price.

Anyways I didn't tell the full story as I bought shares of 7 companies and set a trigger order on all of them before market opened. The idea was to sell if the price reach 5% which I wasn't expecting on first day but its wise to place an order rather than crying about it later. To my surprise when the market opened all 7 orders were executed at opening price so this wasn't just a one off case.

Only positive I can take is all 7 companies average 2~3% dip today and I only lost only 0.5% on each of them

This wasn't the case as the days high was less than trigger price.

Anyways I didn't tell the full story as I bought shares of 7 companies and set a trigger order on all of them before market opened. The idea was to sell if the price reach 5% which I wasn't expecting on first day but its wise to place an order rather than crying about it later. To my surprise when the market opened all 7 orders were executed at opening price so this wasn't just a one off case.

Only positive I can take is all 7 companies average 2~3% dip today and I only lost only 0.5% on each of them
I would strongly suggest you to fully understand how order system works before playing with real money.

You are placing orders in pre market and in pre market, price moves wildly thus hitting your trigger prices making the order getting released in the market considering that trigger is already breached!
Further, you are not putting limit price resulting in order getting executed immediately after the normal market opens at market rate!

This is how brokers OMS works and it has nothing to do with dhan or any other broker!

I would strongly suggest you to fully understand how order system works before playing with real money.

You are placing orders in pre market and in pre market, price moves wildly thus hitting your trigger prices making the order getting released in the market considering that trigger is already breached!
Are you saying that premarket rates don't reflect in daily high/low? because for Sanstar yesterday high never touched trigger price. The orders were executed after normal market opened so it wasn't the case of pre market execution.

Further, you are not putting limit price resulting in order getting executed immediately after the normal market opens at market rate!

This is how brokers OMS works and it has nothing to do with dhan or any other broker!
I understand that the order should be limit order instead of trigger but can you explain how does trigger order works because as per my understanding if the price reach a certain trigger limit only then the order will be valid for execution based on further instructions (Limit or Market)

If your use are lite then go for grow and if you trade regularly then go to angle one because of in angle one ther is no brockrage charg in delivery but anual maintains charge is applied but in grow no anual maintains charge but brockrage charg is applied i using both app for long time

Are you saying that premarket rates don't reflect in daily high/low? because for Sanstar yesterday high never touched trigger price. The orders were executed after normal market opened so it wasn't the case of pre market execution.

I understand that the order should be limit order instead of trigger but can you explain how does trigger order works because as per my understanding if the price reach a certain trigger limit only then the order will be valid for execution based on further instructions (Limit or Market)
1. Yes, you are right, trades executed in opening session is not captured in daily high/low.

2. You are right about how trigger order works but it doesnt work while placing AMO and reason I mentioned earlier.

1. Yes, you are right, trades executed in opening session is not captured in daily high/low.

2. You are right about how trigger order works but it doesnt work while placing AMO and reason I mentioned earlier.
Gotcha, Thanks for clarification. I'll rather use limit order instead.

If your use are lite then go for grow and if you trade regularly then go to angle one because of in angle one ther is no brockrage charg in delivery but anual maintains charge is applied but in grow no anual maintains charge but brockrage charg is applied i using both app for long time
Angelone look good for my use-case, though I like gwoww simple interface of order page on web

Looks like Angelone and groww have almost same charges. After calculating this is what I found, assuming we invest 20k and sell at 21k (Profit 1000). The charges are as follows
Angel One - 69.22 https://www.angelone.in/calculators/brokerage-calculator
Groww - 69.81 https://groww.in/calculators/brokerage-calculator
Zerodha - 60.99 https://zerodha.com/brokerage-calculator/#tab-equities

Last edited:
Back