Which Stock market app do you recommend?

Any reason why groww is preferred over something like angel? I have an ac with Angel but I wish to invest in MFs. Angel is not good for that or what? i mean what groww offers that Angel doesn't wrt MF?

Any reason why groww is preferred over something like angel? I have an ac with Angel but I wish to invest in MFs. Angel is not good for that or what? i mean what groww offers that Angel doesn't wrt MF?
Its not only about making the investment, its about the value added services like clean and simple UI, analytics, ease of operation, etc.
This is why Zerodha kite is so popular, because its simple and user friendly UI!

I am not saying that Angel is bad (and they have improved over years as well) but still these newage Fintech entities have an edge !

Last edited:
Here is a good video comparing the charges on Profit

1722481469947.png

Slight correction: The charges are on transaction and not on profits.
Second, all the brokers are going to make changes in their charges from 1st Oct 2024 due to certain changes in the slab charges with exchanges. AliceBlue has already intimated it to the clients today!
Yes read somewhere in the news
I was amazed seeing the difference if we simply check the screenshot upstox and 5paisa are charging way too much

:rolleyes: Where?
All are almost same with +/-5% with each other!
Check the deduction charges
Zerodha - 1000-980.95 = 19.05
Groww - 1000-978.93 = 21.07
Angelone - 1000-973.13 = 26.87
upstox - 1000-927.7 = 72.3
Dhan - 1000-981.98 = 18.02
5paisa - 1000-934.92 = 65.08

Check the deduction charges
Zerodha - 1000-980.95 = 19.05
Groww - 1000-978.93 = 21.07
Angelone - 1000-973.13 = 26.87
upstox - 1000-927.7 = 72.3
Dhan - 1000-981.98 = 18.02
5paisa - 1000-934.92 = 65.08
The way you are calculating is wrong !
As mentioned, the charges has nothing to do with profits and it is levied irrespective of any profit or loss.
The screenshot itself is wrong and giving wrong impression as well as without actually knowing the charges and whether any charges are levied based on some slabs, actual scenario will not be known.
Please refer to each broker's website where they give complete breakdown of each and every charge.

The way you are calculating is wrong !
As mentioned, the charges has nothing to do with profits and it is levied irrespective of any profit or loss.
The screenshot itself is wrong and giving wrong impression as well as without actually knowing the charges and whether any charges are levied based on some slabs, actual scenario will not be known.
Please refer to each broker's website where they give complete breakdown of each and every charge.
As per the video and the screenshot this is what he did (starts at 18:27)
For Equity
Purchase Price - 100
Selling Price - 200
No. of shares - 10
Invested amount - 1000
Return amount - 2000
Profit - 1000 INR in above case
Zerodha charges - 18.46
1722515005158.png

Today I saw something fishy in my brother groww account so would like to know whats going on here.
He bought Suzlon shares

1000 Shares at 69.58Amount 69580
Again bought 1000 more Shares at 79.78Amount 79780
Total149360
Sold 1000 share at 75.5075500
Remaining amount for 1000 shares73860

So he has 1000 shares at 73860 rupees which makes average value per share as 73.86 but groww shows average value as 79.78 and invested amount as 79780

... and invested amount as 79780
Selling is FIFO. The 1000 shared that got sold were bought at 69.58. That is now history. The shared your bother owns were bought at 79.78, hence the invested amount of 79780.

Check the capital gains statement. The 1000 shares sold should have an average gain of (75.50 - 69.58).

Last edited:
Selling is FIFO. The 1000 shared that got sold were bought at 69.58. That is now history. The shared your bother owns were bought at 79.78, hence the invested amount of 79780.

Check the capital gains statement. The 1000 shares sold should have an average gain of (75.50 - 69.58).
Thanks for clarification I thought the average price will be displayed but the previous trade is complete and profit have been finalized

Share Trading may now be a Two Field Game: Those who trade on smartphones (apps), and those who trade on their Laptops/PCs.
The charges seem to be similar across the board. The differences would majorly lie in the ease of use, speed of trade, convenience, data presentation, and other factors.
It would truly help if users advised which brokerage firms, and their apps/platforms, are better based on the aforementioned parameters.

Tried dhan app and bought Sanstar at 139.90, before market opened today I've set a trigger sell order at 146.90 but as the market opened the status of the order changed to Successful and I am not sure if the order was executed at market price as the trigger price never reached. Did I do something wrong as I don't see the stock in my Portfolio now.

Comparing to groww app for my brother account i find dhan extremely confusing :mad:

Tried dhan app and bought Sanstar at 139.90, before market opened today I've set a trigger sell order at 146.90 but as the market opened the status of the order changed to Successful and I am not sure if the order was executed at market price as the trigger price never reached. Did I do something wrong as I don't see the stock in my Portfolio now.

Comparing to groww app for my brother account i find dhan extremely confusing :mad:
What you see the price on charts are different from actual price as the prices are not captured at every tick but for certain certain interval like seconds or even milliseconds. However, if the trade is executed between these milliseconds, the chart will not be able to capture it !
Howeer, if the trade is successful, its evident that there was a buyer at your limit price and the trade got executed.

And while Dhan seems to be more complex and overwhelming initially, I am confortable with it now and know how to use many of the features which are available with it.
On the other hand, Grow believe in keeping simple UI and is loved by many people!

What you see the price on charts are different from actual price as the prices are not captured at every tick but for certain certain interval like seconds or even milliseconds. However, if the trade is executed between these milliseconds, the chart will not be able to capture it !
Howeer, if the trade is successful, its evident that there was a buyer at your limit price and the trade got executed.

And while Dhan seems to be more complex and overwhelming initially, I am confortable with it now and know how to use many of the features which are available with it.
On the other hand, Grow believe in keeping simple UI and is loved by many people!
Bro I am a newbie so its really difficult but there is no way my order was executed correctly. Sanstar high is 144 where as my trigger price was 146.9 so it never reached the trigger price to execute a sell order at current market price, also I now see a notification on my mobile that a sell order was successful at 139.31.
This is how I've placed an order earlier today. Should I use Limit order instead of Trigger?

1724301993284.png

Back